“Nice Hotel with a Friendly Staff”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Romeoville
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Romeoville
Lake Mary, Florida
“Nice Hotel with a Friendly Staff”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My wife and I travel every year to the Lockport, North Joliet area for a week and always stay at this hotel. The rooms are comfortable, modern and the air is cold during the hot summer months. The staff is very friendly and helpful and the hotel is right off the highway - a quick trip to Midway airport and downtown Chicago. I have visited other hotels in the area and overall - this is the best place to stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Romeoville, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review about our hotel on Trip Advisor! On behalf of all of our staff, we are so glad to hear that you enjoyed our employees and facility while you were here with us. Our staff works hard to insure each guest that comes to stay with us have an enjoyable experience.

Thanks once again for the review and we look forward to seeing you again soon! Please call us anytime if there is anything further we can do to be of service.

Country Inn & Suites Romeoville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Long Beach, California
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Stayed 3 days for my cousin's wedding in Bolingbrook. Choose this hotel because it is 2 miles from the wedding & there is a Cracker Barrel right next door (we don't have Cracker Barrel in LA). The lobby was clean. The staff was nice. (Stephanie and Joanna - thanks for taking good care of my parents!). The lobby has coffee/tea & cookies 24/7. The breakfast was better than I expected. Hot breakfast included oatmeal, eggs, potatoes and saugage. They also had variety of toast, bagels, muffins, cold cereal, milk, juices, and coffee/tea. Our room was on the highway side and was noisy. Drive to Chicago is only 40 minutes and no toll roads! Loc is close to gas station, Tilted Kilt Bar, Walmart,Target and McDonalds. Not bad for a highway hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for room not facing the highway!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Romeoville, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Thank you so much for your review here on Trip Advisor! We are always so glad to here from guests that are here with us for a wedding or special event. Thank you once again for taking the time to write a wonderful review about the hotel and your experience here with us!!

US
Reviewed June 28, 2012

When we booked a regular room online we were offered a promotion. This offer was given after the booking and it stated, "Premium rooms may go unsold and can be offered at check-in for as little as $5 extra per night". Darlene was at the desk, (we waited for 10 minutes for her to show up), and she said that we could not do this offer because we booked online. I showed her the printed copy of the offer and she then said that it was a new promotion and she had never done it before. Then we said all she had to do was charge us $10 more, since we were staying 2 nights and it would be $10 for the 2 nights. She said the computer showed several suites available but they were not ready. This was at 4:00 PM. So she called one of the staff to see how long it would be to clean a suite for us. Then she tried to charge us the extra $10. She couldn't figure it out, and suddenly there were no more suites available clean or dirty. She simply could not figure out how to charge us the extra $10! She said the computer told her that no suites were available for the second night of our stay. Well, the next day, my husband went to the desk to get some towels since our room had not been cleaned. He saw the desk clerk give a key card for a suite to a guest. So one was available after all, Darlene was not competent enough to offer us the promotion. We will not stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review here on Trip Advisor! However, we were sold out everyday last week and we were unable to upgrade you. On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I have addressed this with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

DuBois, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 10, 2012

On business in Plainfield, Il for 2 days I stayed in this hotel.
The bathrooms were not that clean, the breakfast in the morning was horrible.
The bagels were stale to the point of smelling almost like mold. The bread was very dried out and old as well.
The best thing that came out of my trip there was finding the most amazing driver I've ever had.
The hotel? I do have to return to Plainfield and I will not be staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor are very noisy. I heard barking dogs in the room above me and nothing but...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Michigan
Reviewed May 7, 2012

The property was clean. The bedding comfy. The breakfast a bit above the average. We were disappointed to hear that the whirlpool was broken. Upon asking when it would be up and usable we were told that they are going to be taking it out. Big disappointment after drving all day.

Room Tip: Ask for an inside room - the road side was very noisy. The walls seemed thin.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Bloomington, Illinois
Reviewed March 27, 2012 via mobile

We stayed a Sunday night after attending a Chicago Blackhawks game. Check-in was quick and easy and the staff was very courteous. The hotel was clean, as was the room. There was quite a bit of traffic noise from I55, but the hotel didn't seem busy and was quiet. Check-out was a breeze. It was a very good value.

Stayed March 2012
Pune, India
Reviewed March 12, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for about one month in Jan-Feb 2012. I enjoyed the stay and through-out that stay never had any occassion to complain.
People at front desk (Ghouse, Darlene, Christine, Joanna etc. ) and others are very cheerfull and always ready to offer any help. I always enjoyed interacting with them.
Rooms are spacious, clean and well furnished. Refrigerator and a Microwave oven in the room was very usefull.
Fitness center is adequately equipped and I used the treadmill quite often.
Guest laundry facility is very convinient and reasonably priced. It came handy many a times during my month long stay.
Although I did not use the heated swimming pool, I saw it being happily used by many kids and adults alike.
Thanks to all the people in the hotel for making my one month there enjoyable.

Room Tip: Take a room away from the general laundry. Mine was bang opposite it and sometimes the smell of blea...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Romeoville
Hampton Inn Suites Bolingbrook
Bolingbrook Inn & Suites
Bolingbrook Inn & Suites
#7 of 8 in Bolingbrook
Days Inn & Suites Romeoville

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Romeoville? Share your experiences!