Holiday Inn Rolling Meadows - Schaumburg Area
$91
$126
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
All reviewsvolleyball courtwoodfield mallworkout roomairport shuttlesaunaconference
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 21, 2014

We booked 2 rooms in the Dome for a local winter getaway with another family. When making the reservation, repeated said in the Dome with deck. Booked the rooms - great rate. Both families looking forward to it.

Called today to confirm check in time and found out they booked us in the TOWER - nowhere near the Dome and ... no deck. Then they proceeded to tell us the DOME has been booked for months with 3 school groups. You would think that information would have been mentioned.

Cancelling reservation because the Holiday Inn totally screwed us and now we're trying to find an alternate location on VER short notice. Don't bother with this location.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank BDKCKM
Ryan R, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Rolling Meadows - Schaumburg Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2014

Please keep in mind that when you make a reservation for a specific room type and then request a specific location that is a request and not a guarantee. While we try to accommodate all requests, it is not always possible. The only way we can promise a first floor room in the Holidome is if one is reserved, not just requested.

I am sorry for any confusion there may have been and hope that you were able to find alternative accommodations in the area.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Wonderful experience

On 3/15/14 we were getting ready to leave after attending a birthday party at Holiday Inn. We had a dead battery. It was Saturday night past 10:30 PM. It was cold and it was snowing too. After waiting for over 3 hours for road side assistance, we reached out to the front office to check if they could help us with a jump start. While the hotel's maintenance crew were very busy attending to another issue, the front office manager pulled up his own car to give us a jump start. It did not work. He gave us a ride back home. We came back the next day afternoon to get our car back.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank VishTrip74
Ryan R, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Rolling Meadows - Schaumburg Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Thank you very much for attending the function at our location. We really do appreciate having you and your family here. While I wish that we would have been able to get your vehicle started, I felt that we needed to make sure you and your family got home safely.

Thanks again for your review and we hope to see you and your family back at the hotel in the near future. Best Wishes!

Reviewed March 10, 2014

We have just returned from a short weekend getaway at the Holiday Inn. We arrived at 3pm and it took my husband 25 minutes to check in! 25! With children in the car 25 minutes is a VERY LONG time. We finally got our keys and went to our room. Outside doors do not open properly, you have to force them along the concrete. Our room wasn't too bad. The bathroom wasn't completely clean but I just let it go. When my family and I decided to go down to swim at 6pm they had to main pool and hot tub closed. They were cleaning it. My first thought was that a kid may have had an accident so that was yet another thing I shrugged off. I went to the "lap" pool area and that was a joke. I counted 45 people in the lap pool. Maximum allowed according to the sign was 30. The hot tub was overflowing with people as well. Needless to say, we ddin't get a chance to swim just yet. So until they opened the main pool, my family hung out in the area by the basketball court and waited. When the main pool opened, my family was one of the first to get in. Within minutes that pool became flooded by even more people. Everyone that was in the lap pool and then some. So, ok lets go to the lap pool. NOT! They were cleaning that one now. The man cleaning them said that there was no child accident, they just needed to be clean. I have small children and swimming was just not safe for them in the other area. I could not even go in the hot tub with them because other peoples children were diving off the rock wall into it and splashing all over. I asked an employee about this and his response was "there's nothing I can do mam"- Eventually the lap pool opened back up, so I thought ok, lets try this again, maybe just maybe I can take my three year old into the pool. Nope, now only adults can use it until 9pm. So yet again, I ask and employee how am I able to take my child swimming if there is no regulation here. There are rules for the pool/hot tub that no one else is following and now I cannot take my kid to swim safely at one of the hotel pools. "There's nothing I can do about that mam, you're just going to have to deal with it" Are you kidding me???!!!???! I could not believe how rude the man was. The security guy was a joke too. He wasn't doing his job at all. I actually felt bad for him because if I had to do his job that night, I would have left. I was able to get into the main hot tub later in the evening but didn't stay for long. The water was FILTHY! There was stuff floating all over. My nine year old saw it and told me he didn't want to go in at all. Needless to say, my evening here was not very fun. We were chatting with a big group of people in the holidome and they were having the same issues. There needed to be some more organization at this hotel this past weekend. I'm not sure what happened, but I don't think we will return.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank ktlu79
Ryan R, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Rolling Meadows - Schaumburg Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Thank you for providing us with the feedback from your stay. We will be reviewing your comments and concerns at our next staff meeting so that all departments are aware of what happened. It is unfortunate that some adults do not chaperone their children as we request of all our guests. This can make it very difficult to keep things operating as they should, not to mention that these policies are in place for everyone's safety and enjoyment.

Thanks again for taking the time to bring these concerns to our attention.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

I picked this hotel to build rewards points, for the breakfast buffet, and to use the pools and jacuzzi's during a recent business trip. The room was super clean and fresh - no issues whatsoever. The front desk associates were professional, pleasant, and helpful as were the restaurant/ bar staff. As has been mentioned in previous reviews - kids will love it here. This is by far the biggest Holiday Inn I've ever stayed in and would be perfect for large groups. I really enjoyed the holidome and the Hawaiian themed decor. I had no problem overlooking the wrinkles, scuffs, and age spots that exist (built in 1962) because every other aspect of my stay has been enjoyable. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: 8th floor king bed suite
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to provide us with the feedback of your stay. We really do appreciate having you here! We also appreciate your recognition of the amenities we offer in our Holidome. We try to offer something for all of our guests to enjoy.

Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again in the future, hopefully sooner than later!

Reviewed February 17, 2014

I stayed at a previous Holiday Inn in Wisconsin, so when I heard I was staying at another during my business trip to Illinois I was dreading it. However, I was amazed at this location! Beautiful building, very clean rooms, nice continental breakfast, friendly employees, and convenient shuttle service that picked me up from the airport. The bed was SO comfortable; I wish I could have taken it home lol. The only downside I experienced was the air conditioner which didn't cool the room as much as I wanted.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Ryan R, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Rolling Meadows - Schaumburg Area, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Thank you very much for staying with us and also for your kind words in your review. It is music to my ears to hear the comments that you addressed in your review. We have a great Team here at the hotel and we try to make sure that everything is ready and looking great for our guests arrival. We really do appreciate having you stay with us and we hope to see you again in the future.