After our connecting flight back home was cancelled, we were forced to spend the night at the Holiday Inn Rolling Meadow. American Airlines offered us a special "distressed traveler" rate for $69 and the hotel offered a free shuttle to and from O'Hare.
We arrived at the hotel late--after 9 p.m.--hungry and tired. We didn't get a chance to use the retro tiki-themed Holidome indoor pool area, although it looked inviting.
Our room was very recently renovated, and was clean, spacious and comfortable with two double beds, two desks with ergonomic chairs, t.v. and clothes armoire, microwave and coffeemaker (although no regular coffee was provided, only decaf). A USA Today was at our door in the morning.
We had a late dinner of soup and sandwiches at the hotel's in-house restaurant McKenna's. The waiter was trying his best, but the kitchen was slow and uneven (the soup was lukewarm).
There is also a convenient but small gift shop off the lobby.
The front desk staff were somewhat surly at both check in and out, although the airport shuttle drivers were hospitable and efficient.
All in all, this is a fine place for an overnight, even if it has a few kinks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Look again! The Holiday Inn Rolling Meadows is renewed and better then ever. Located only 9 miles from Chicago's O'Hare Airport, the Holiday Inn Rolling Meadows is conveniently located on the NE corner of I-90 and I-290 right off I-53 in the heart of the Schaumburg business district. The hotel features newly designed rooms in our executive tower and suites situated around an incredible Polynesian indoor tropical garden and recreation area. The Chicago area hotel offers a childrens' pool, adult lap pool, whirlpool, sauna, fitness center and game room. Enjoy the sights and sounds of the islands as you relax at the Tiki bar. Stay connected with complimentary high-speed wireless access throughout the hotel. Each guestroom provides a refrigerator and microwave, upgraded bed linens and a superior shower experience. Whether your visit is leisure or business related, the hotel is conveniently located to America's top notch shopping, with easy access to Woodfield Mall, Arlington Park Race Track, Schaumburg Convention Center, Rosemont Convention Center, Willow Creek, and Medieval Times. Kids eat free at the Holiday Inn Rolling Meadows and we welcome you to join us at McKenna's Restaurant and Lounge. A full menu of delicious choices is offered for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We invite you to look again! We're waiting for you at the Holiday Inn Rolling Meadows. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Rolling Meadows - Schaumburg Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Chicago Rolling Meadows Hotel Rolling Meadows
- Holiday Inn Rolling Meadows
- Rolling Meadows Holiday Inn