I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel as I mis-connected a flight back home out of ORD and AA gave me a distressed passenger rate of $65.00.
There was whether in Chicago this night so there many people stranded and needing a place to stay so the hotel shuttle bus was packed. The shuttle only picks up from ORD every hour and is about 45 minutes away from the airport. This is not good after flying for 11 hours on an international flight.
Check was horrible as there were about 30 people checking in and it took about 7 minutes per person to check in and of course I was at the end of the line.
The hotel is going through a remodeling phase so the lobby was a little torn up but that is understandable.
The restaurant was expensive and completely unorganized the food was ok but the service was horrible!
My room wasn’t the best as it smelled a mixture of wetness and smoke. Although, it did have nice furniture and looked recently updated.
The "Holidome" was neat as it had a beach theme with two pools and spas. This portion would be great for a family with kids.
I would probably not stay back at this hotel as it is in the "burbs" and not all that nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Look again! The Holiday Inn Rolling Meadows is renewed and better then ever. Located only 9 miles from Chicago's O'Hare Airport, the Holiday Inn Rolling Meadows is conveniently located on the NE corner of I-90 and I-290 right off I-53 in the heart of the Schaumburg business district. The hotel features newly designed rooms in our executive tower and suites situated around an incredible Polynesian indoor tropical garden and recreation area. The Chicago area hotel offers a childrens' pool, adult lap pool, whirlpool, sauna, fitness center and game room. Enjoy the sights and sounds of the islands as you relax at the Tiki bar. Stay connected with complimentary high-speed wireless access throughout the hotel. Each guestroom provides a refrigerator and microwave, upgraded bed linens and a superior shower experience. Whether your visit is leisure or business related, the hotel is conveniently located to America's top notch shopping, with easy access to Woodfield Mall, Arlington Park Race Track, Schaumburg Convention Center, Rosemont Convention Center, Willow Creek, and Medieval Times. Kids eat free at the Holiday Inn Rolling Meadows and we welcome you to join us at McKenna's Restaurant and Lounge. A full menu of delicious choices is offered for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We invite you to look again! We're waiting for you at the Holiday Inn Rolling Meadows. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, IHG, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotel.de and HotelsClick so you can book your Holiday Inn Rolling Meadows - Schaumburg Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Chicago Rolling Meadows Hotel Rolling Meadows
- Holiday Inn Rolling Meadows
- Rolling Meadows Holiday Inn