“Good value.”

Holiday Inn Rolling Meadows - Schaumburg Area
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Rolling Meadows
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We stayed for two nights durings our two teen's spring break. The location of the hotel was good for us as it had lots of things nearby including Medieval Times. Our room location was perfect as well as we were right by the sport court and the pools. We used reward points for our stay but even if we hadn't, the rate we were first quoted was reasonable concidering how close we were to Chicago and the ammenites of the hotel. We used the sport court a lot during our stay. The down side was one of the hot tubs was closed our entire stay and the kids pool was closed twice for several hours to be cleaned. I would suggest that the age limit for the lap pool and excercise room be lowered to sixteen. We never saw anyone using the excercise room while we were there and the only time the lap pool was used was when the kids pool was closed and they allowed kids to use it. They had a magic show in the activity area Saturday night which the younger kids seemed to realy enjoy. All in all, a pretty good stay.

Room Tip: We loved our room by the activity area. One thing to note, our room was never totally dark at night...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MsViki
Jose Q, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rolling Meadows - Schaumburg Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to complete a review.
We are please to hear that you enjoyed the Holidome and all its activities.
I do apologize about the closing of the pools however with the amount of guest during the weekend you speak of we needed to ensure that all our pools were up to standard and in good working condition. This is the main reason we book a magic show to provide our guests with an alternate activity while we clean the pool areas.
We look forward to your next visit and thank you once again for the kind words about our facility.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

It's 9:05pm and I just got home from the worst experience at the holiday inn holidome in rolling meadows il. My wife, daughter who's is 22 months, and I reserved a room at the hotel on the first floor right by the pool which had a little patio area where we intended to spend time when we weren't in the pool. On Friday we got a call saying that the basketball court would be closed due to an event. That was it nothing else. When we got there we checked in and went to our room. We had no chairs at our rooms patio so I went to the front desk to ask for chairs. I was informed that all the chairs in the hotel were taken for a meeting at the basketball court. At 5:30pm we went and meet up with my parents and my wife's parents at the restaurant in the hotel. There was only one server in the whole place and he was also acting as the hostess. We ordered our food and one of our guest ordered and appetizer. When 20 minutes went by I asked for the appetizer. The waiter informed me that it was taking longer because it was a large order.( 7 people) before we knew it the food came out and one of us got some chicken sandwiches which no one ordered so we asked and he said it was the appetizer which it was not. He then walked away and brought some more food and realized he made a mistake by bringing the wrong item as an appetizer and replaced it with the right one. He still didn't bring the main entree for that person and walked away. 5 minutes later he walked over and said " when your ready Ill bring out your burger" it was way to late by that point. I explained to him that an appetizer was meant for before the meal. He said he likes to bring everything out at once. Not sure where he learned how to serve food. We told him to forget about the burger it was too late. 3 of the meals weren't even hot and my steak was cold. He took off the drinks and the burger and of course included gratuity on the check. ( what a surprise) we then went back to our room and got ready to go swimming. When we got there the pool was closed. No reason but we waited. I called after a half hour and was told it would be open in 10 minutes. After 15 minutes I called and was told another 15 mins. Sounds like there was a reason for it but no one knew why. After another 15 min I called the front desk again and she said they would send some one right away to open it up. After they opened up the pool 10 minutes later the security guard came to the pool and told everyone that it was being closed down again because the people at the meeting were complaining about the noise. Yet we had to listen to the speaker of the meeting who didn't speak English over the loud speakers.We were told time and time again that it would not be closed because of the event. I am not alone on this you could ask everyone's opinion and I guarantee not one person would be happy with the way Holiday Inn handled this situation. The manager on duty Pat Patel told me he would give me 50% off but it was way too late. I was there to swim with my daughter and at this point it was too late. The only other way was to check out and so we did. Wow what a terrible way to deal with this issue. You jeopardize your reputation over something like this. Ill tell you one thing for sure it's not stopping here. I will make sure that people hear about this one. I was married at this hotel 3 years ago and we didn't have much luck then either with the management but we were really hoping we could have some fun with our daughter at the place where her parents were married. I wish you were in my shoes when I had to explain to my daughter that we had to pack up and go home. Her tears didn't stop until we got all the way home. It really ruined her day. I hope this really I pacts the way you do business in the future.

Room Tip: Make sure that they tell you if there are any events going on that will impact your stay.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jenny Judge K
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rolling Meadows - Schaumburg Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2013

Dear Jenny Judge K,

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed March 9, 2013

We reserved a room on the first floor with intention to have the easiest access to the fun area. We made the reservations at this hotel specifically so we could use the indoor volley ball court with our daughter who plays for the village and was looking forward to practicing her skills.
That won't be happening. We called the hotel to confirm our reservation on the first floor. They have us on the second. AND the volley ball court is in use for a private event. I was told we could use it the next morning... You know, while our family of 5 is trying our best to hustle in the shower, eat, and be out by 11. Had it been mentioned to us that the court was not available... We would have booked another time. Now we are stuck, or out of our money. Odds are this will be the first and LAST time we stay at this hotel unless something really great happens during our stay....
What a let down.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Missydell
Jose Q, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rolling Meadows - Schaumburg Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Thank you for your recent review and for staying with us at Holiday Rolling Meadows. As mentioned we did contact you regarding the temporary closing of our volleyball and basketball court for 4 hours during your stay. Thus as courtesy we did extend all check-outs with no extra charge the following morning from 11am to 3pm. This was done so that all our guests could enjoy the full amenities that our Holidome offers.
We are committed to 100% customer satisfaction and thank you for staying with us and for your feedback, If you wish to discuss this further I invite you to contact me directly at your convenience.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I was a guest overnight at this hotel because of a seminar being held in the hotel the following day. I took a taxi from o'hare which I didn't find out until arrival was a time and a half ride because we went outside the city limit. Bummer! The hotel staff was pleasant upon my arrival and check-in was swift. The hallway walk to my room had me a bit nervous because it looks dated, but my room had been nicely updated recently. You can tell that the updates were cover-up cosmetic changes rather than gutted renovations but it was nicely done. The room smelled really clean and I loved the king bed. Slept great! The hotel offered to take me back to the airport with their complimentary shuttle, but during the week it was only available at one time because they didn't really have a driver. I ended up having them get me a taxi and it was a flat rate of $29.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Tammy checked me in and was so awesome, I had a personal situation which was why I was staying there for surgery in the area. She accomodated all our needs, I really enjoy every holiday inn trip as they treat you like they know you and always provide personalize service.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank deb o
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Took part in a 3 day conference that was hosted by this hotel, and everything ran smoothly. The Polynesian room( a jungle themed area) was breathtaking. It included the main banquet area, pool, arcade, and a basketball/volleyball court. The banquet staff did an awesome job handling the 400+ delegates. The only hiccup I could find was the availability of rooms. Some delegates; including myself, were booked in an adjacent hotel( holiday inn express) due to a shortage of rooms. Other than that everything went on without a hitch.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Jose Q, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rolling Meadows - Schaumburg Area, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2013

Mr. Gomo
Thank you for the kind words about our accomodations with regards to the Holidome and all its ameneties. With regards to the shortage of rooms you speak of the conference actually surpassed the contracted rooms at our property and needed to accomodate more of their guests thus the reason for the accomodations at the Holiday Inn Express adjacent to this property. We always strive to accomodate all our conferences and guests and this was the only manner in which we could accomodate all the delegates you speak of.
We look forward to your next visit and thank you for your business.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

I can only say positive things about the staff and cleanliness of this hotel. For me I found it a good value as the bed was comfortable and shower was hot. There is a fancy pool/play area where children could have a lot of fun and there is a reasonable fitness room. The breakfast buffet was very good.

If I were here for longer, I would say the location is not ideal, there is very little with regards to restaurants and shopping within a reasonable walking distance. The TV was pretty bad in my room as well, however, there is a note at the front desk saying they are transitioning to newer TV's. If TV was important to me, I would have asked to have one of those rooms.

Overall, I think this is a decent value and if you are in Rolling Meadows, this is likely close to where you need to be.

Room Tip: If TV is important, ask for a room with a new TV.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your recent review and the nice comments with regards to our staff and cleanliness of our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed your accomodations.
As for the Televisions in the rooms, I am glad to inform you that all our rooms are equipped with 42" LED televisions also we have upgrade our movie system to include 14 HD channels and a vast movie selections for your enjoyment.
We look forward to your next visit and thank you for your business

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rolling Meadows
3 mi away
Radisson Hotel Schaumburg
Radisson Hotel Schaumburg
#3 of 29 in Schaumburg
Holiday Inn Itasca (Woodfield Area)
21 mi away
Holiday Inn Countryside
Holiday Inn Countryside
#2 of 2 in Countryside
Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago

Been to Holiday Inn Rolling Meadows - Schaumburg Area? Share your experiences!