It's 9:05pm and I just got home from the worst experience at the holiday inn holidome in rolling meadows il. My wife, daughter who's is 22 months, and I reserved a room at the hotel on the first floor right by the pool which had a little patio area where we intended to spend time when we weren't in the pool. On Friday we got a call saying that the basketball court would be closed due to an event. That was it nothing else. When we got there we checked in and went to our room. We had no chairs at our rooms patio so I went to the front desk to ask for chairs. I was informed that all the chairs in the hotel were taken for a meeting at the basketball court. At 5:30pm we went and meet up with my parents and my wife's parents at the restaurant in the hotel. There was only one server in the whole place and he was also acting as the hostess. We ordered our food and one of our guest ordered and appetizer. When 20 minutes went by I asked for the appetizer. The waiter informed me that it was taking longer because it was a large order.( 7 people) before we knew it the food came out and one of us got some chicken sandwiches which no one ordered so we asked and he said it was the appetizer which it was not. He then walked away and brought some more food and realized he made a mistake by bringing the wrong item as an appetizer and replaced it with the right one. He still didn't bring the main entree for that person and walked away. 5 minutes later he walked over and said " when your ready Ill bring out your burger" it was way to late by that point. I explained to him that an appetizer was meant for before the meal. He said he likes to bring everything out at once. Not sure where he learned how to serve food. We told him to forget about the burger it was too late. 3 of the meals weren't even hot and my steak was cold. He took off the drinks and the burger and of course included gratuity on the check. ( what a surprise) we then went back to our room and got ready to go swimming. When we got there the pool was closed. No reason but we waited. I called after a half hour and was told it would be open in 10 minutes. After 15 minutes I called and was told another 15 mins. Sounds like there was a reason for it but no one knew why. After another 15 min I called the front desk again and she said they would send some one right away to open it up. After they opened up the pool 10 minutes later the security guard came to the pool and told everyone that it was being closed down again because the people at the meeting were complaining about the noise. Yet we had to listen to the speaker of the meeting who didn't speak English over the loud speakers.We were told time and time again that it would not be closed because of the event. I am not alone on this you could ask everyone's opinion and I guarantee not one person would be happy with the way Holiday Inn handled this situation. The manager on duty Pat Patel told me he would give me 50% off but it was way too late. I was there to swim with my daughter and at this point it was too late. The only other way was to check out and so we did. Wow what a terrible way to deal with this issue. You jeopardize your reputation over something like this. Ill tell you one thing for sure it's not stopping here. I will make sure that people hear about this one. I was married at this hotel 3 years ago and we didn't have much luck then either with the management but we were really hoping we could have some fun with our daughter at the place where her parents were married. I wish you were in my shoes when I had to explain to my daughter that we had to pack up and go home. Her tears didn't stop until we got all the way home. It really ruined her day. I hope this really I pacts the way you do business in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Look again! The Holiday Inn Rolling Meadows is renewed and better then ever. Located only 9 miles from Chicago's O'Hare Airport, the Holiday Inn Rolling Meadows is conveniently located on the NE corner of I-90 and I-290 right off I-53 in the heart of the Schaumburg business district. The hotel features newly designed rooms in our executive tower and suites situated around an incredible Polynesian indoor tropical garden and recreation area. The Chicago area hotel offers a childrens' pool, adult lap pool, whirlpool, sauna, fitness center and game room. Enjoy the sights and sounds of the islands as you relax at the Tiki bar. Stay connected with complimentary high-speed wireless access throughout the hotel. Each guestroom provides a refrigerator and microwave, upgraded bed linens and a superior shower experience. Whether your visit is leisure or business related, the hotel is conveniently located to America's top notch shopping, with easy access to Woodfield Mall, Arlington Park Race Track, Schaumburg Convention Center, Rosemont Convention Center, Willow Creek, and Medieval Times. Kids eat free at the Holiday Inn Rolling Meadows and we welcome you to join us at McKenna's Restaurant and Lounge. A full menu of delicious choices is offered for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We invite you to look again! We're waiting for you at the Holiday Inn Rolling Meadows. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Rolling Meadows - Schaumburg Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Chicago Rolling Meadows Hotel Rolling Meadows
- Holiday Inn Rolling Meadows
- Rolling Meadows Holiday Inn