“Great Food, Great Service, Authentic...”
Review of Woo Lae Oak

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Woo Lae Oak
Cuisines: Korean
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Upon entering I took in the very nice inviting atmosphere, and then quickly looked around to notice that every patron was either Korean, or Korean American. I knew then, that I would at the very least be eating authentic Korean food.
Though neither of my waitresses had a strong command of the English language, they were extremely helpful, and helped me every step of the way from ordering, to preparing my dish on the in table barbecue. All in all the service was excellent.
I ordered boneless beef short ribs with too many to count Korean "side dishes" and rice. It was all very flavorful, it was all delicious and well worth the $22.99 before tax that I paid for my meal. I drank water and tea, and was not charged for the tea.
If you like Korean food, or feeling adventurous and want to try something new, Woo Lae Oak is for you. Recommend!

1  Thank gkfio

Reviewed January 15, 2012

My boyfriend and I love Asian cuisine and we've been on a hunt for a good Korean BBQ for a while. While some Korean restaurants lack in service (some servers in restaurants speak no English so you are on your own, which can be a fun discovery process if you are adventurous enough) some places offer only a couple side dishes with your meal and none (that we found) had fried anchovies. The main requirement for us was to find a restaurant that serves little dried anchovies as a side dish. Finally we found a perfect Korean BBQ restaurant! The restaurant itself is very big and spacious with good ventilation and great décor. The service is awesome! Everyone is very attentive and will explain which sauce goes with which dish and will give you suggestions if you are not familiar with Korean food. We had their Bulgogi (marinated ribeye) & Chadolbaegi (thin slices of brisket) and for an appetizer we had Mul-Naengmyon (sliced beef, Korean pear, cucumber, radish and cabbage with buckwheat noodles in cold broth). The noodles were outstanding – the broth is very light and refreshing, it could be a great dish for summer. Bulogi is always good – can’t go wrong with that and the brisket was wonderful. The side dishes and sauces were delicious, and replenished if needed more. The servers were very nice and had answers to all of our questions (the difference between 3 kinds of kim chi, how to prepare the anchovies, what is the “green been jelly”…etc.) We left perfectly sated and without the usual feeling of “being over stuffed” after eating a lot of food. Prices are reasonable-$30 per person for technically 2 dinners – noodle dish is a dinner entree. At the door the (super friendly and cute) hostess bid us a traditional Korean farewell with a bow! We definitely will be back!

1  Thank Anastasia08
Reviewed June 21, 2010

Atmosphere is elegant, service is attentive and courteous, the appetizers are great, and the Bar B Que is even better. My favorite is the pancake-like one with "negi". The sauce that accompanies this appetizer is "boss sauce."

They have some of the best-marbled beef I have ever seen. The prices are reasonable when one considers the amount of beef in each serving.

1  Thank ormsbyintl
Reviewed December 14, 2009

I visited this restaurant as the guest of some Korean business associates. I was lucky to have them select my lunch. I truly enjoy Korean food but have had difficulty locating a good Korean restaurant in the Chicago suburbs. This food was fantastic! We had a large group yet the service was quick - perfect for lunch. I look forward to my next visit.

1  Thank dysphorichousewife
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed January 12, 2008

Go during regular workday for lunch and get their lunch box.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook