“Hmmmm....”

Motel 6 Chicago Northwest- Rolling Meadows
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Rolling Meadows
“Hmmmm....”
Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

Well we checked in then went to go get food and upon returning there were 2 squad cars and a mobile response unit in the parking lot with someones car getting searched and towed.

all weekend there was a squad car sitting out front. I guess this is a good thing, but makes you wonder why.

The paint and metal on the railing is peeling and rusted. There were some sharp edges.

The room we had was a double bed. The room was very tiny. The A/C was right against one of the beds.

There were some shady looking people, but they keep to their selves.

It was overall quiet.

The value was great. Can't complain at $35 a night.

To all the people who talked about bugs. .. I did not see any or get bit by anything.

pool is clean. And staff is very nice.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
PORTLAND
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Hello Trip Advisor friends , This Hotel is not worth staying.
Hotel Full of some kind of “ Mites “ - could be bed bugs who knows . Ants crawling all over the bed and bathroom. They were all over the bedroom floor, with dirty carpet.
I was there on business and took the bait of low price, a terrible mistake which I paid a high price on my medical bills. Well now, I do read reviews and thanks to Trip Advisor. I really learned my lesson on this one.
Well for the Front desk – you may have seen some bad customer services --this one was awful. When we checked in, the lady behind the counter was so rude to customer she was serving. It appeared that she was overwhelmed by customers and not too happy that she was by herself.
Well, for the bug bites, the Medical bills skyrocketed when we got back home. After the bites from this Hotel, not worth staying at Motel 6 . I got my lesson learned and realized to pay little more and read reviews on trip adviser before booking a hotel.
Thank you Trip Advisor of having an open and sincere forum for people and I will continue to book through your website.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank SonnyPortland01

Travelers are raving about these Rolling Meadows hotels

schaumburg
Reviewed February 23, 2011

Stayed for one night.slept in clothes.Room stunk.Paid for WIFI,whic was unoperable.Complained cto Manager on duty. Told call number on back of WIFI card. Complained to Motelk 6 Guest Relations.Referred back to Motel Manager.Concrete on walkways gone,covered with plywood. No warning signs,or Safety notices.Dog foodc was laying on walkwat near one of construction area.s.No barricades for guest safety'Might be a good pet motel!Was unable to complete any bussiness due to condition of property,and staff.Appears to be more of a weekly,or monthly stay proprty.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank travelerSchaumburg
Oak Park, Illinois
Reviewed April 24, 2010

As a female who travels alone most of the time, it is very crucial that I feel safe. Do not stay at this Motel 6 if you are a single female traveling alone! I stayed at this Motel six for 3 days and did not feel safe at all. The police were in the parking lot every night keeping an eye on the property, and the people who were walking around the property were very strange acting. My door did not always lock from the outside when I left my room to go to the store, so I constantly worried about someone coming into my room. I do not recommend this Motel 6 to women traveling alone.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank animals29
INDEPENDENCE
Reviewed May 29, 2009

First of all, the caveats -- this is a Motel 6!! If you want a hairdryer, kleenex, cutesy little lotions, et al, then don't stay here. If, however, you want a clean basic room with a shower, bed and 16-channel tv, for 34 bucks a night, then this is your kind of place -- it's certainly mine! I visit old friends in the northwest Chicago area several times a year, and I ALWAYS stay at this Motel 6. Contrary to other reviews, there are several strip shopping areas (with a 7-eleven, CVS drugstore, pizza joint, etc) within about 8 blocks, which is CLOSE since you're in the suburbs. And since I used to live in the area, I know where the grocery store is (about 2 miles away) -- obviously, you need a car -- did I mention, you're in the suburbs! If you want midnight strolls on city streets, do NOT stay here -- try to curb your disappointment in paying only 34 bucks a night vs $200 plus in downtown Chicago or the nearby Hilton. Personally, I'd rather have the extra cash for more fun things.....like all the tolls on the highways (lol)! And, oh yeah, they have high-speed wifi for $2.99/24 hours -- still a bargain.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank KCTraveler50Plus
Atkinson IL
Reviewed March 31, 2009

I stayed here one weekend last spring. I was in a non smoking room. The smelled like a ash tray. Sheets where full of burn holes. The hotel was out away from everything hidden in and old industrial park. Scary at night. It was late and we where leaving at dawn. We slept in our clothes because of the nastiness. You could see where the carpets where only vacuumed in the high traffic areas ( corners had dust where they had not vacuumed in weeks.) . there where long hairs everywhere. I thought about leaving but Chicago in this area at night? NO WAY!!! Never again!!! Shady at best! Have you ever went in a bathroom and felt like if I sit there I will surly get VD. LOLL! I got that feeling. UGH!

• Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank chellshock
MN
Reviewed March 24, 2008

Basic Motel 6. Was clean, cheap and accomodating for the Pet Expo we attended. Not in a great location, there are no signs off the highway to direct you. As a female alone, I'd definitely have someone with you at night if you were walking outside or stay in with the doors locked. No complaints and it was very affordable!

Stayed March 2008
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rolling Meadows
Days Inn & Suites Arlington Heights
Days Inn & Suites Arlington Heig...
#4 of 10 in Arlington Heights
Wyndham Garden Schaumburg Chicago Northwest
Red Carpet Inn
Red Carpet Inn
#2 of 3 in Palatine
Courtyard Chicago Arlington Heights/North
Courtyard Chicago Arlington Heig...
#3 of 10 in Arlington Heights
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Rolling Meadows
Extended Stay America - Chicago ...
#2 of 4 in Rolling Meadows
Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago

Been to Motel 6 Chicago Northwest- Rolling Meadows? Share your experiences!