“food is outstanding. ...long wait”
Review of Chef Ping

Chef Ping
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 20, 2014

This is one of favorite places to eat! But a lesson that you learn quickly is to get it take out. The wait for a table is always too long. The orange chicken is one of favorites along with their pot stickers....we have never had a bad dish.

1  Thank Rid1972

Reviewed July 14, 2014

I have traveled China extensively along with my who is from China and have had the pleasure to enjoy countless restaurants across China. Although Chef Ping may have many dishes that are American Chinese restaurant favorites ( Never seen General Tso's Chicken in China ) I am just as happy to eat here as any Chinese restaurant. Ingredients used are quality and the sauces all have their own individual flavors unlike the sauce houses I now have in the South. My wife and I opted for carry out to bring to home. While waiting and ordering the staff were all friendly and helpful. My wife and all the family enjoyed our selections. This is a definite return to eat for us!!!

Reviewed July 7, 2014

Used to go to the Yu's in Schaumburg, but now come here because the owner sold the Yu's and open this place (and this place is closer to our house). Very good food, the noodle dishes are excellent. My favorite is the Summer Salad (but it is not quite a dish for everyone since it got hot mustard in it). Szechwan fish casserole is spicy and good but the freshness of the fish (frozen or fresh) is a hit and miss.

As most reviewers has stated, the wait can be a deal killer during the meal time and parking is a PIA, especially during the crappy Chicago winter. We usually try to bypass the meal rush hour. I don't recommend to go, just because the dishes is usually OK when it get cold, especially the noodle dishes. The service is fine and male owner is nice to talk to (never talk to the lady owner before).

Reviewed June 17, 2014

They brought me the wrong order and she wouldn't take it back and left it on our table after I told her that's not what I ordered and charged me anyways. I talked to the owner and she said that the waitress is responsible so she said she was going to take care of it and never did. They are only after your money more than trying to make there customer satisfied.
P.S. I've been going there at least 5 times a week between lunch specials and dinner bringing different family and friends there weekly, now they all know heat they did and they won't go back either. They must not really care because they have lots of people going there very day but I spent lots of money there but I guess they don't care. I can't complain about the food but when they treat the customer like that I will not go back, it's the principle of the whole thing.

3  Thank John B
Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

Me and Co workers often visit and eat and enjoy great food. It gets pretty crowded after 12pm so you may wanna beat the rush. But the combination fried rice is great as well as the sesame chicken.