“Best Asian food around this area...good customer service, nice wine list”
Review of Chef Ping

Chef Ping
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We love Chef Ping's...great food, excellent service, friendly staff,,,the Chef is often around making sure that everyone is satisfied...and we are always are!!

Reviewed April 14, 2014

We were in the area looking for a place for dinner. The parking lot of the restaurant was very crowded which is a good indication if a restaurant is good. We were seated right away and within a couple of minutes the server came. My husband ordered something and she talked him out of it. He ordered his usual sweet and sour chicken and I had a chicken and shrimp dish. Both were excellent. Luckily we had a hotel room with a fridge and microwave because the portions were very large and we had leftovers. My only fault is that the rice portions were small.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

As usual, there was a long line inside this restaurant. We probably waited for 30 minutes before we were seated. Within 5 minutes of being seated, the waiter was ready to take our order. It seemed like he was in a rush. We ordered 5 entrees and all of them arrived hot and pretty tasty. Portion size was very good so there was a lot of leftovers to take with us. Prices per entree was more than reasonable. Parking has gotten better too. Now, you can park at adjacent businesses.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

Coming from a place where Chinese food is of abundance, I don't expect to find something similar to what I have back at home. Now, we were driving along Algonquin Rd one evening and we saw this place packed with people. That was an indication (most of the time) that this place is worth a try. We ordered Curry Chicken Rice which was tasty minus the fact that the curry was a little too sweet. We ordered a plate of friend noodles (I forgot the name but it came with a combination of seafood, chicken and beef) and it was almost the same as what I have back in Malaysia. Chinese tea is also served, on the house. I will definitely visit this restaurant again when I return to Schaumburg in near future and recommend to my Malaysian colleagues.

1  Thank Norman_Hua
Reviewed March 9, 2014

This is definitely one of the rare find in the Chicago N suburb where you can hardly find any good Chinese food except the typical chop suey. If you want some decent Chinese food, one must go to Chicago Chinatown. Chef Ping, however, is an exception. I had been there three times and without exception I have a great meal with my family. I can only grade their dish from good to fantastic but really never encounter any bad dish. I would recommend to any business travelers who live around Schaumburg IL area where you can also find plenty of good hotels. Its location is also close by the Schaumburg convention center, and you can be there for a quick lunch. The parking lot of this restaurant is relatively small but somehow they can share the parking with the establishment next door. Be aware of the big crowd during dinner hours and weekend lunch time. Be there earlier if you don't want to wait.

1  Thank WheelingTraveler