“Great Experience for the money”

Holiday Inn Express Rolling Meadows
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Rolling Meadows
Savannah
“Great Experience for the money”
Reviewed March 24, 2009

We had a wonderful 3 night stay at this hotel. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The rooms were surprisingly pleasant with extremely comfortable beds! It seems to have been recently renovated. The workout facility was small, but nice with several cardio machines, free weights, water cooler & a flat screen t.v.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
HIXpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rolling Meadows, responded to this review, April 2, 2009
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your lodging needs. We appreciate your feedback .Feedback from a customer certainly boost morale of our entire team. We hope to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
North Carolina
Reviewed October 23, 2008

My boyfriend stayed in the Holiday Inn Express for 6 weeks for work. I joined him for three of those weeks with our 3 month old son. The staff was so kind and accommodating to us! They were always available with a friendly smile and went above and beyond the entire time. Upon request they switched us to a room with a balcony and even offered to help us move our belongings to the new room. The customer service was amazing!

The little things really matter...
The rooms are clean, large and modern.
A housekeeper staff avoided vacuuming our hallway during our son's naptime.
The always had tea and coffee downstairs.
You even get access to the Holidome next door!

• Liked — The staff...especially Ron!
  • Disliked — Maybe more washers/dryers?
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
FOM-GM, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rolling Meadows, responded to this review, November 21, 2015
Joliet
Reviewed August 21, 2008

Excellent Hotel and Excellent Courtious Staff. Excellent Help from front desk to House Keeping.

Great rooms, very very clean rooms, nice bed, I like the way they organized my toilateries everyday.

Awesome dining suggestions.

Experienced amazing customer service after a very very long time.

• Liked — Amazing Cutomer Service
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
FOM-GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rolling Meadows, responded to this review, November 21, 2015
Midwest
Reviewed August 15, 2008

Let me explain how this hotel came to be- It is in the same parking lot as the Holiday Inn and once was all one hotel connected by a small sky bridge. So this hotel is not new by any means- but the Lobby sure is new and looks great. The front desk supervisor was so friendly and helped me check in. The rooms were a bit disapointing- since they were exactly the same furinture and beds as the Holiday Inn. The room was clean and inviting none the less. Nothing spectacular, but nothing disapointing.

• Stayed January 2008
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
FOM-GM, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rolling Meadows, responded to this review, November 21, 2015
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. We value your comments and welcome the opportunity to serve you again.
Regina - Canada
Reviewed August 8, 2008

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Rolling Meadows for three nights in mid July 2008.

I have stayed at about 20 Holiday Inn Express hotels over the past 10 years or so, and this was without a doubt the nicest I have ever been in.

We arrived on a Tuesday evening, and found the Holiday Inn Express is immediately behind a Holiday Inn. This was a little confusing for the initial arrival but was fine once we knew.

The front lobby is gorgeous. It really looks like a much more expensive hotel.

Parking was convenient, plentiful and free (no susprise being in the suburbs)

The front desk staff were cheery and efficient..They also have candies at the front desk.

Just off the lobby are two computers that are free of charge, if you don't have one with you.

We asked one of the front desk people about driving to the Rosemont CTA station and taking the train downtown. He said this was an excellent way to go and gave directions. I asked if he knew how much parking at the CTA station would be. He didn’t know offhand, but said he would look it up on the internet for us. When we got back from supper, he had printed out two pages of info for that CTA station and had it waiting for us. (the parking cost at the CTA station was $3 by the way).

The whole hotel looks brand new. The lobby, breakfast room, elevators, pool, and room were all immaculate.

Our room was wonderful - it was a good size, with a King Size bed that was incredibly comfortable..The air conditioner worked perfectly, which is a good thing in Chicago in July. They left candies on our bed each day, and water and peanuts in our fridge (free).

The pool was excellent too. It is an outdoor pool, so would not be available in the winter, but it was absolutely clean, and was a very nice size. The water was just a bit cooler than I would like, but it was fine once you were in. I’ve posted a couple of pictures of the pool and the hotel itself.

The exercise room looked good, but we didn’t use it. It had two or three machines.

Breakfast was very good – the breakfast room is very large with lots of space and a big screen TV, and breakfast included hot items like scrambled eggs and bacon (which seems to be the new policy at Holiday Inn Express).

The free high speed wireless internet worked perfectly.

The location is excellent. It is about a 2 miles drive to the Woodfield Mall. And about a 2 mile drive to the Ned Brown Forest Preserve which has a 6 mile walking/running/biking path, It is also very convenient to I-290 and I-90, if you wanted to drive to other Chicago locations.

And to top it all off, the rate at this hotel was $105. I felt this was a huge bargain in the Chicago area, even for a middle of the road hotel – and this hotel was much, much better than middle of the road.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Chicago, IL
Reviewed March 31, 2008

From the moment I checked in to the Holiday Inn Express (Rolling Meadows) I felt like I was home. The staff made me feel like I was a member of the family, and gave me the best possible price. I've stayed here several times in the past few months and this is the only hotel I will stay at when my work brings me this way. I can't wait for my next stay, Thank You to the Staff of the Holiday Inn Express Rolling Meadows.

Stayed March 2008
FOM-GM, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rolling Meadows, responded to this review, November 21, 2015
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rolling Meadows
#2 of 29 in Schaumburg
Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago
Renaissance Schaumburg Convention Center Hotel
Wyndham Garden Schaumburg Chicago Northwest

Been to Holiday Inn Express Rolling Meadows? Share your experiences!