“A lovely evening... until we were asked to vacate the table”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Faithlegg
Dublin
“A lovely evening... until we were asked to vacate the table”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We dined here recently while staying elsewhere. The restaurant is lovely, the food was well presented and tasty and the service was excellent....up until the point where we were approached by the manager and politely asked to vacate the table and move to the bar. Quite honestly I was speechless - and it takes a lot! It's one thing to be asked to move along in a busy cafe at lunchtime.... It's something else entirely given that our bill came to a significant three-figure sum. At no point - either when booking earlier in the week or on arrival were we advised that we had the table for a limited period. Disappointing and unacceptable.

1 Thank 4Kate1960
GMFaithlegg, General Manager at Faithlegg House Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, I would like to offer my sincere apologies for being asked to vacate your table, this is not normal practice and I will look into this matter further.

I hope this has not tarnished your meal with us and I hope you will return on your next visit to Waterford.

Faithlegg House Hotel & Golf Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
Kilkenny
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Stayed here overnight while attending a wedding really lovely hotel to stay in ,we got a fab suite overlooking the golf course and every detail is taken care of,spotlessly clean,staff very good .The wedding meal was beautiful apart from the tea being cold but that's a small thing .Breakfast was very good excellent selection ,lovely breakfast room just a tad disorganised for the breakfast as they were slow to refill ,I got no fried eggs and it could have been warmer.The ambience of the whole place is just so relaxing and the bar food looked very good too.I would definitely love to stay again sometime soon,really loved it .

Room Tip: Choose a suite to the front
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank coupleskilkenny
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience in Faithlegg with us. I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and I would like to apologise for the issues you had, I have addressed these and they have now been rectified.

Looking forward to your return.

Tullamore, Ireland
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My Wife and I Stayed here with my 11 & 15 yr old sons and had a lovely time. We took one of the houses on the grounds and it was beautiful. Lovely rooms well maintained, plenty of space and quiet. We also availed of the lovely Spa and swimming pool facilities. We didn't use the golf course but this was also available at a reduced price if neseccary. The staff were very friendly and helpfull. One does need a car but we spent some time at tramore beech and Dunmore east. This was our second visit and i would have no heisitation in staying again or recomending it to anyone.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Dugsy1
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, it is always a delight to hear such kind words from returning guests.

I hope to see you and your family return soon.

Waterford, Ireland
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Our thanks to the Managerment and Staff at Faithlegg House Hotel for the most memorable Weekend our family have had for a long time. This weekend my husband and I celebrated our 25th Wedding Anniversary and it was also the occasion of our oldest boys 21st. We had family staying in a Self Catering house and they said it was and I quote "perfect", we styed in the Hotel. We had diner for 20 on Saturday evening in the lovely Boardroom and everyone commented on how lovely the food was and the service was excellent, earlier in the day we had treatments in the Estuary Spa and it was so nice and the ladies so friendly and pleasent and made us feel really special. Breakfast on Sunday morning after a swim and jacussi was delicous. Our weekend is over but we couldnt have chosen a more pleasant surrounding to host our family event - it was a fantastic weekend.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank deirdre h
Dear Guest.

I am delighted you all enjoyed your special 25th Wedding Anniversary with us. We do everything we can to make such family occasions memorable and I am thrilled you all made the most of your time with us and even squeezed in a trip to the Spa!

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Newry, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 30, 2013

we stayed in this fantastic hotel as a wedding present from friends who had selected it for its fine food and beautiful location we stayed from the 21st of june til 23rd on reception we met the most unpleasant receptionist i have ever met, we had the details on a gift card though she had the details on the computer it was only as a reservation eventually we got it sorted by leaving are own credit card details and i think the lady on reception finally manged a smile. after finding are room by ourselves with little or no help from the same lady, the room was lovley presented perfectly with everything you could want or need there we stayed for 2 nights and had a meal in the hotel on are 2nd evening i have worked and eaten in double aa rosette restaurant and the food here was well on a par with it, we have never enjoyed a meal as much in are lives the food was just FANTASTIC presented beautifully and the service was top class to match views of the gardens on the summers night just iced the cake really cant wait to eat here again and the touch with the desert was nice and made my wifes day. again a massive thankyou to the restaurant it really was a fine dining experience, walking in beautiful gardens and golf course after that was class.
Sadly on leaving we had to deal with reception again, new lady this time and a whole lot nicer in her way of dealing with the public unfortunately the details that we had given were no were to be found or the details supplied to them off the people who had given us the gift a whole lot of silly excuses and reasons about it were given. Eventually as my wife was now in tears i paid in cash to witch the lady on reception didnt want to take as she wanted to be able to refund my credit card lol when they finally sorted out the mistakes shoddy shoddy shoddy ruined what had been the best trip of are lives

Room Tip: bridal suite everything you could want for a honey moon or anniversary
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I would like to apologise for the problems you encountered at reception, I have looked into this, it is not and will not be a common occurrence here in Faithlegg.

I hope you will return in the near future.

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Beautiful location but our experience was marred by sub standard spa/pool facilities along with poor food quality.
Spa rooms and atmosphere leave a lot to be desired - clinical surroundings, tiny rooms and was not expecting to have to change in a wet and slippery changing room where my slippers ended up soaked through.
Breakfast was very good on first day; on the second i ordered pancakes which came out rubbery and bland. I've eaten far superior ones in a b&b. Bar food in my experience was much better than the restaurant where the steak was overcooked and chewy, vegetables were soggy and presentation left a lot to be desired. What a pity really...

Room Tip: Corridor is long and hence plenty of traffic up and down outside rooms - bring earplugs as walls are...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
GMFaithlegg, General Manager at Faithlegg House Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I regret to hear you encountered some problems during your stay with us. I have taken your points on board particularly regarding the spa and quality of food, we intend to rectify these issues soon.

I hope to see you return in the near future.

Cork
Reviewed June 30, 2013

The setting of the hotel is excellent but was sadly let down by the room located on the basement floor with no views. The bathroom was poorly ventilated and had a foul smell on one occasion. The restaurant was well situated but the food was poorer than expected and the menu was exactly the same on both nights. On the second night the service was slow and the food was of poor quality, so much so we left after the main course without desserts tea or coffee. This may be due to a wedding function being catered for at this time.

Room Tip: If you want a view avoid rooms on the lower floor.
1 Thank Edmund K
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I would like to apologise for the poor dining experience you had with us, these matters have been addressed and are currently being rectified. As per your room, if do apologise, if you return please be sure to ask for a room with a view and we will honour this where possible.

Mr. Liam Moran,
Faithlegg House Hotel & Golf Resort
Also consider these accommodations in or near Faithlegg
Waterford Castle Hotel & Golf Resort
#5 of 12 in Waterford
Dooley's Hotel Waterford
Dooley's Hotel Waterford
#4 of 12 in Waterford

Been to Faithlegg House Hotel & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!