“New Years Eve Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Faithlegg
Blarney, Ireland
“New Years Eve Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

My wife & 2 children stayed for 3 nights over the New Year and thoroughly enjoyed our stay - the New Years Eve Dinner Event was most enjoyable along with the other nights evening meals - which were all cooked and delivered to a very high standard. The family room we had in the Main portion of the House was also to a very high standard and was very comforable. We enjoyed the use of the grounds for walks, the leisure centre and the golf course was in excellent condition. All the hotel staff were extremely friendly and helpful at all times. This is our second time staying at this hotel and we thoroughly enjoyed the experience and look forward to staying again in the near future. Only comment for improvement was Water Temperature in pool was not too warm & the Jacuzzi was not operational

Room Tip: Try get a room in the Main House Section
    • 5 of 5 stars
GMFaithlegg, General Manager at Faithlegg House Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for posting such a kind and complimentary review, we are delighted you returned to the hotel on such a special occasion as New Years Eve. We are very proud of the facilities on site and since your visit the pool and Jacuzzi has seen a new pump installed to improve the conditions for our guests. Our bar, bedrooms and hallways have also seen a refurbishment which deserve a return visit in the near future.

Thank you again for your comments and I look forward to your return.

Faithlegg House Hotel & Golf Club

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
Cork
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Was here for a weeding showaround a few month ago.Beautiful hotel and surroundings. Staff and food were excellent however the overall cleanliness of the hotel needs to be updates. Found the rooms to be very outdated in the new part, showers curtains look old and need to be replaced. I feel that the hotel need to be looked at. We really loved this hotel and it's staff but what has put us off is that of the room, wall paper in bar and lounge coming off the wall and cobwebs hanging from the ceiling. Maybe if these were updated we would consider this as a wedding venue.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
GMFaithlegg, General Manager at Faithlegg House Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. The hotel closes each January for refurbishment and at the moment there are painters and decorators throughout the hotel giving it a much needed face lift and brightening up. I do hope you get in contact with myself or our wedding co-ordinator Suzie to arrange another showaround over the coming weeks as I can assure you, you will not be disappointed with the changes.

Wexford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Stayed here for new years eve 2012 and really enjoyed my stay. Was there to celebrate my friends wedding and they put on a fabulous display for the couple. The christmas decor and service from what I could see was really good. I was delighted to be there to share the big day with my friends.

I had stayed there one before a number of years ago and was not impressed. The function rooms and bedrooms were very run down and Id say no matter how hard the cleaning staff scrubbed it, it still wouldnt look clean. However, am delighted to say that the place has been done up and refreshed since I was there last. The function room is lovely and the bar area very nice. Our bedroom was also lovely with a huge bed and lovely decor of blues. I was raging to have missed breakfast the next morning but it was my own fault!

Overall, would go back again. Id say it would be lovely for a quiet break just before Christmas with the roaring fires, period features and christmas decorations!

Word of the wise though - the prices at the bar were very expensive so have deep pockets with you

Room Tip: Shop around on booking websites for the best deal
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a complimentary review. I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and your time at the wedding, we are delighted to be a part of such a memorable occasion, especially at such a magical time of year.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I brought my elderly parents for a two night break to Faithlegg House between Christmas and the new year. I had booked two rooms, one for my parents and one for my husband and myself. When making the booking I had informed the hotel staff (under "any special requests" on the online booking form) that one room was for my elderly parents. However both rooms were located as far as possible away from the dining and reception rooms so that my parents had to negotiate two long corridors (and a lift) to get to and from their room. There were also two weddings taking place on the two days we were there. The wedding parties took over all available sitting space including the main hall. The bar, which is quite small, was under great pressure. On the plus side, the staff were very friendly. My parents had been looking forward to the trip as they do not get away from home very often and I think they were disappointed. It is not suitable for them as Faithlegg seems to concentrate on weddings - which means that there are lots of small (noisy!) children and family groups.

• 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank IrelandJill
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I regret to hear your stay with us was less than satisfactory and I apologise for any inconvenience the weddings may have caused.

I do hope you visit again with your parents in the future and experience a much more enjoyable stay.

KildareIreland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We spent two nights in this fantastic hotel a beautiful old house built in the 1780’s. On arrival we received a very warm welcome at reception with plenty of candles and a cosy fire lighting. All reception staff were very helpful and pleasant.

Our room was very clean and comfortable and quiet during the night.

The staff were excellent, efficient and friendly nothing was too much trouble.

We had dinner in the dining room both nights. The food and service were excellent with a great menu choice.
Compliments to the chef and service team. 10/10. Would highly recommend eating in the dining room.

We were greeted straight away at the bar and all the bar staff were very friendly and efficient, they made us feel very welcome.
The buffet breakfast was excellent with a great choice, all hot with plenty of hot plates available.

We loved our stay in the Faithlegg House Hotel and would highly recommend it cant wait for a return visit.

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your kind words and compliments towards our staff. They work very hard to ensure each guests gets the most from their stay and I am delighted you have noted their efforts.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

This is a golfers paradise but it has much to offer the no golfer, of which we are two. Lovely surroundings for walks and drives. Its an historic house and area. We had a beautiful room with all amenities and lovely view out over the golf course. The leisure centre is inviting but we didnt use its facilities on this visit. We inspected it - we will come back. The food, and service, both in the dining room and bars are excellent. We left after our extended stay in early December saying to each other "That was great, we will come back here."

Room Tip: Higher rooms have a better view.
    • 5 of 5 stars
GMFaithlegg, General Manager at Faithlegg House Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time out to write such a kind and positive review. We endeavor to please all types of travelers and guests and it is always a delight to read such complimentary feedback.

I am thrilled you both enjoyed your stay and are planning a return visit. I am looking forward to welcoming you both back in the near future.

Tipperary, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We stayed at this hotel second weekend in December. There was a huge Christmas party booked in for the weekend so we were glad we had requested a quite room which was on the second floor. The room was bright and modern, and nicely decorated, it was very warm, maybe just a little bit too warm. The staff couldn't have been nicer, the girl at reception went out of her way to print out walks in the area, she recommended a lovely walk along the cliffs in nearby Dunmore East and we weren't disappointed. The food was very good, I am a vegetarian and was given a special vegetarian menu in the restaurant which had four starter choices and three main. Breakfast was also very good, buffet style, plenty of variety, fresh fruit, yogurt, croissants, breads, a variety of cereals and also hot food cooked to order.The hotel setting was really nice and it is only about 15 minuets from Waterford city center. I have to say it was a very pleasant stay overall..

• 4 of 5 stars
GMFaithlegg, General Manager at Faithlegg House Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time out to post such a kind review. We endeavor to go above and beyond each guest's expectations and I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

I look forward to your return in the near future.

Faithlegg House Hotel & Golf Club
Also consider these accommodations in or near Faithlegg
Waterford Castle Hotel & Golf Resort
Fitzwilton Hotel
Fitzwilton Hotel
#6 of 12 in Waterford
3.5 of 5 stars 1,170 reviews

Been to Faithlegg House Hotel & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!