“I just want to go back!”
Review of Copperstone Inn

Copperstone Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Rockton B&B and Inns
Midwest
“I just want to go back!”

What a beautiful B&B!

Copperstone Inn has incredible rooms, including a perfect place to watch movies in the downstairs level!

The proprietors are down to earth people and Saundra can cook up a GREAT breakfast!

I cannot wait to get back to this magnificent B&B in the countryside!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
chicago
Reviewed August 3, 2009

My wife and I live in the Chicago area and decided to take a weekend vacation. We have been to Galena and Lake Geneva and were impressed by both of them, but we wanted to try something knew. We found Copperstone on-line and after looking at the pictures and talking with management we decided to give it a try. We could not have been more impressed and pleased. The land and accomidations are breath taking, and you can not find a more peaceful property to "getaway". Galena and Lake Geneva are nice but can get crowded, where Copperstone gave us that much desired peace and quiet we needed from out hectic schedules. After the weekend we felt completely refreshed, and I now know where to go the next time I'm feeling a bit stressed out.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Columbus, OH
Reviewed August 3, 2009

My fiancee and I stayed here in January during some harsh snow. The snow just added to the relaxation and tranquility we were looking for in a B&B. We never have stayed in a B&B before this and didnt know what to quite expect. Well I am glad this was our first B&B experience we were both completely blown away but the first class service, food, but most importantly all attention to detail in the design of the building, both inside and out, from the preservation of the original 1800 home to the addition that you really couldnt even tell was an addition because they maintained its originally aesethic appeal. I recommend this B&B to couples, families, really one looking to get away from it all. I live in the city and it makes you feel truly like a get-a-way. We look forward to going back again and experience what the summer has to offer. I hear they have pumpkin patches, apple orchards, trails, and some nice bass in there ponds!

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
Illinois
Reviewed August 1, 2009

OK, here it is, the best experience I have ever had at a Bed and Breakfast or Inn in my life. I tool my wife to Copperstone Inn for our anniversary and was a bit skeptical at first due to the fact it is out in farm country and might be a bit too "country". Well, I could not have been further from the truth. The house has more modern amenities than NASA! In room wi-fi, dish network, flat screens, Sirius sat radio in wall, fireplaces, jacuzzi tubs, walk in showers, king beds, balconies, etc. etc. They even heat the house with corn! We walked on the trails of the 130 acre property, sat by the pond, then came in to have a couples massage! In the middle of farm country they have a spa that is second to none. I could not believe it. We watched an old favorite movie of ours, "When Harry met Sally", on the 60 inch flat screen where they have choice of 400 DVD's. This place just does not end. I think it is over 8,000 SF and every inch is luxury. Needless to say, my wife was so impressed we plan on coming back numerous times. Oh, I forgot to mention the food and service. Rich and Chrissie, the owners were awesome and a pleasure to be around. We chatted on everything from business to organic farming. They sure do keep busy! Rich's mother Saundra is the innkeeper and does the cooking. Wow, what a meal! From the hot egg souffle and crispy bacon to the blueberry baked french toast. We were full all day and could not wait for tomorrow morning's choice. Above all, we relaxed, got re-connected and just laughed all weekend on how this "diamond in the rough" could stand next to any high end establishment in the city.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockton
Ironworks Hotel
#2 of 8 in Beloit
Alpine Inn
Alpine Inn
#9 of 24 in Rockford

Been to Copperstone Inn? Share your experiences!