“A true Hidden Gem”

Ranked #13 of 360 Restaurants in Rockford
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We were greeted by a friendly, knowledgeable waitress. She was prompt/efficient with a great sense of humor. My wife ordered Crab Cakes & I had the Crab Stuffed Portobello. Both were excellent. The Five Forks salad was crisp, fresh with a great combination of flavors. Wine selection is outstanding.
While this is difficult to locate the "first time", you will not forget where it is for a repeat dining experience.
Well worth the trip and we definitely will return for another GREAT dinner.

There are newer reviews for Five Forks Market

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Tucked away in a little strip mall looked an average restaurant on the outside, but once you come inside, it feels like I should be in a bigger city. The decor/ambiance were excellent with a very cozy, intimate feel. The food was interesting and had a nice presentation.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

We just returned from dinner at Five Forks Market and we were completely blown away. From the moment we got there the staff was extraordinary. When we arrived they said there was a 15min wait, but offered to take our beverage order while we wait. With in five minutes, we were seated and met our server Dan. He was an amazing host. He reviewed the menu, pointed out specialty items we should try and explained all the dishes, including all of his favorites.
We are vegetarian so we tried the baked goat cheese, and the artichoke cheese with crustini. Both appetizers were out of this world, a perfect blend of flavors, and a balance of cheese and sauce. Because we loved the appetizers so much we actually ordered the Beet, potato and spaghetti squash dish. Again, it was very good, very natural with a wholesome flavor. For the main course we tried the pumpkin pasta w/o the panchetta, it was also very good. Finally for dessert, we tried the marscapone cheese based dish and it was amazing. The dessert was balanced and not too sweet, just a great blend of flavor.

On top of everything else, the wine and beer selection is spectacular. I tried the $7 glass of Pino Noir and I loved it so much I actually brought a bottle home.

Overall a sensational restaurant and I can't wait to go back. The food, service, and ambiance make this the ideal restaurant for ANY occasion.

2  Thank Desi_traveler_77
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Located just off State St this place is unknown by most Rockfordians. They don't advertise and are low keyed. Smaller portions, just larger than a tapas size allow to order several to try. Wine selection is ok. Open kitchen cocncept if sitting at the bar. I just love this place-stop by and give it a try.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Five Forks is my favorite place to eat in Rockford, and that is with some stiff competition! Delicious, imaginative cuisine, wine tastings, wine education, and a fun, friendly atmosphere are some of the reasons why I adore this spot. The wine selection is excellent, and the quality/price relationship is unparalleled. You can NOT find a better meal for your money. The chef is a genius. GO if you love good food!