“Amazing food, definetely a great experience!”
Review of Abreo Restaurant

Abreo Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 368 Restaurants in Rockford
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Abreo Restaurant (formerly Brio Restaurant), among other aesthetic updates, has recently undergone a name change. While we have a different look, our character, style, and vision remain the same! We are dedicated to constantly creating and refining our menus to bring you an exceptional dining experience.
Reviewed June 3, 2013

My husband and I went to Abreo for 1st time and this place didn't disappointed us.
The front view doesn't tell you too much about the restaurant but once you get in you will start enjoying the contemporary decoration, the great service, the original drinks and you will be indulged for the very well done presentation and tasting of the food, so if you want to really delight the food and chill out while you have a nice drink, go to Abreo, it will be a great experience.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I went here tonight for dinner after reading everyone's review about the place. A waitress took a pop off the table for a refill and never can back with my boyfriends pop. The so called chef was talking to people the whole night at the bar so who was making the food. our waitress was never to be seen. The food was ok but not for the money. My boyfriend does not eat mushrooms and couldn't get a dish because it was per made so the mushrooms couldn't be taking out. We both had a drink from the bar. they were just ok. We sat at a table for 2 and there was a table right next to us with 2 people. We were so close to them. Tonight was a big let down. Don't waste your money here.

1  Thank Ang915
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I was in Rockford for one night and had read about this place beforehand. I found the place, walked in the entrance and...stood there awkwardly for a couple of minutes, unacknowledged, while the people on both sides of the bar continued about their business. Had I not been so determined to try this place, I would have turned around and left. I am glad I didn't; I continued past the bar, scoping out their selection of bottles and starting to believe this place was only a bar and not a restaurant. THEN I noticed what looked to be a host stand on the other end of the room. Once I got there, I was greeted warmly, seated per my request out on the patio, and had a great meal. I especially enjoyed the opportunity to sample seasonal, local ingredients (like ramps - something we just don't see in California). My server was just a dear and my meal was just what I needed after a day of travel (involving that icky I-90 from ORD to Rockford). I am glad I stuck it out.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

We visited Abreo for the first time recently, and it was a great experience! From the setting to the food to the service - Abreo didn't disappoint. Our server was helpful in discussing the menu and suggesting combinations of small plates, and she was right on! We really enjoyed the barramundi and the beef tenderloin was also terrific. The apple salad as a starter plate was also great. If we find ourselves in Rockford again we'll be stopping in at Abreo.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

I don't usually review places in my hometown for some reason, but Abreo is by far our FAV place to eat when we go out as a couple or as a group of wine lovers! Paul is a wonderful, creative chef & is so accomodating when doing a Chef's Tasting, for those of us who don't care for certain items. They also welcome bringing your own wine, for a corkage fee. We very much appreciate that courtesy when dining. Our #1 choice in Rockford!