“A Comfortable, clean and reasonable place to stay”

Comfort Inn Rockford
Ranked #19 of 24 Hotels in Rockford
Chicago, Illinois
“A Comfortable, clean and reasonable place to stay”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I was in need of a clean, inexpensive and easy motel / hotel for the night while on the road. The Comfort Inn in Rockford delivered it all. We paid only $75 with tax for a room with 2 queen beds, microwave and a fridge too. The room was clean, warm and very welcoming. The staff was helpful and very polite at both check in and check out. About 1/2 way between Madison, WI and Chicago, IL this is a very good place to spend the night when on the road.

The location is very easy to get to from I-90 / I-39 and there are a lot of restaurants to choose from if you are looking for food. The hotel even has an indoor pool if you so desire. We were quiet impressed with our stay, and for the money - it was fantastic!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Alexandria, Minnesota
Reviewed October 12, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this CI recently. Fernando was there when we checked in and was very pleasant and helpful. Our overnight stay was just fine. In the morning, we went out to our car and found that we had left our lights on the night before and had a dead battery. Fernando came to our rescue with jumper cables, despite the fact that it was an extremely busy time for him at the front desk. Somehow, he managed to handle all the spinning plates he had going on. We tried to tip him, and he refused, just asking us to pass a good deed on to someone else. He really went above and beyond, was simply fantastic and we wanted to give him a shout out and thank him for helping us on our way!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kathryn L
Hudson, WI
Reviewed July 27, 2012

The Comfort Inn in Rockford was easy to find with restaurants near by. The room was spacious with a large TV and a couch that you could use for reading too. The bathroom was large and had a great shower. The continental breakfast was very good too; several things to choose from. The front desk was very friendly and courteous. We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed June 22, 2012

We stopped here on our way home from Minnesota to Michigan. The temperature was 95 and many families were staying there to visit the near by water park. The hotel was very inexpensive so our expectations weren't too high. We were pleasantly surprised. The staff is extra helpful and very hard working. Annie directed us to the restaurant next door when we asked for directions and it was great. In the morning one woman ran the desk and the breakfast. She was working her tail off. All in all it was a nice experience for one night on the road. We didn't need a lot of amentities as we were just passing through. Almost any kind of food you want is within a half a mile and several restaurants deliver to the hotel. Free parking and free wifi - always a plus!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank kayakerlynne
Waupaca, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I originally was going to stay at another hotel instead of here, but instead the decided to tell me I couldn't get the room I reserved for the price I got it for. I was so irate! I called Comfort Inn and called weekly to check on it, and it never changed! I was ecstatic! The rooms were very clean, I liked the room, but the bathroom was a little bit tiny - in order to get into the shower you have to close the door, and when your on the toilet the door is right at your knees. The pool was a little bit smaller than one's I've seen. The interior of the hotel is nice, but it could use some re-doing it looks a little bit "old". I was very surprised to go down for breakfast and the hotels manager was doing the front desk and breakfast and it was a sunday - so there was A LOT of people. I felt bad for her trying to keep up with everything! She was a very, very kind lady. I really appreciate her making my stay great! If I'm ever in that area again - I will come back there. :)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Kayla D
Lawrence, Kansas
Reviewed April 16, 2012

I was a little concerned about staying here after reading some of the reviews. The other area hotels were booked so I had to get a room here.
My room was very clean and reasonably up to date. The bathroom was small, but also well maintained and comfortable. The bed was comfortable. Carpets and upholstery appear clean and not worn.
The breakfast was basic but fine. The receptionist was exceptionally friendly and helpful.
On the downside, the room rate was way higher that I would normally expect to pay for this type of hotel room, but suspect the rates went up due to whatever event was going on in town that filled the hotels.
The building looks pretty plain-jane on the outside.

Room Tip: Nothing special, but comfortable.