“A disappointment” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn Rockford

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Comfort Inn Rockford
Ranked #19 of 25 Hotels in Rockford
Madison,Wi
“A disappointment”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2008

This was our first and last stay at this particular property--we stayed there because we were flying out of Rockford Airport for our first time . On check in I paid cash and was shortchanged by $30--thank heaven I caught it but I wasn't even offered an appoligie. Later we tried to rent a movie paying cash and it took at least a 1/2 hour to get the movie working--our tv cut out twice and we missed over 15 minutes of the movie--both times I called the front desk. Finally we were able to watch the movie but out tv died on us right after it. The next day on checkout the clerk told me I wasn't charge room tax and needed to pay more. The clerk who checked me in not only tried to shortchange me but then didn't charge me the rate and this clerk has been a manager at other Comfort Inns. He acted very tired but I did notice later when a young adult women checked in he perked right up and gave her alot of attention. We do travel a bit and I do share my experiences.

• Liked — I was close to the Rockford Airport.
  • Disliked — How I was treated by front desk
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank WiSharon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Severn, MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2008

We ended up at this hotel after a bad reservation at another hotel. We literally checked in at 1am in the morning. The front desk was super friendly and she got us in our room quick.

The room was large, clean. It was one of the nicest Comfort Inn's that I have used.

At $112 for a King Suite, the price was right for the neighborhood for a walk in. We literally took their last room.

If you are in Rockford, I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
Albuquerque, Nm
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2007

This was my third stay at the Comfort Inn Rockford in the last 3 years. It's a rather unassuming little hotel (less than 100 rooms) off East State St and less than 5 minutes from the tollway entrance. Every time I check in I'm treated with courtesy and respect and my reservation is always in order. I normally book a king "suite" (the definition of a "suite" has really be diluted over the years) and I prefer to be on the 3rd floor so there isn't anyone over me. My request has always been accommodated and for that I'm appreciative. My rooms at this Comfort have always been clean and are kept very clean during my stay. The bathroom is functional if not terribly spacious, but it was spotlessly clean and they offered decent amenities (soap, shampoo, lotion, etc). I was pleased to note that even though mine was a smoking room, I did not see any burn marks anywhere. One day during my stay I wasn't feeling well and requested that housekeeping skip my room that day. The front desk called to see if I needed any clean towels or if they should come empty the trash and I thought it was nice that they took the time to call and inquire. My last day there I realized that check-out is at 11:00 AM (travelers, take note!), so I made a call to the front desk to see if I could get a late check-out at Noon. The front desk clerk said "No problem, Mr. A. In fact, would 1:00 PM be better for you?" Wow! I accepted the 1:00 PM check-out and was able to relax and pack without being rushed. Nor did housekeeping ever come knocking on my door. I find the complimentary "breakfast" do be somewhat lacking in context so I've never partaken of it. The indoor "pool" (really, it's just an oversized bathtub) and hot tub area are clean but I've never seen more than one or two people in there. Restaurants in this area of town are plentiful in every price range. it's always been very quiet when I stay here and for that I'm grateful. When the hotel is full parking can be a problem, so if you can be sure to walk to nearby restaurants or you may not have a space when you return. It's a good value for the money and I get Southwest Airlines credit, too. The Comfort Inn Rockford is comfortable, consistent and dependable.

• Liked — Location, price and proximity to dining
  • Disliked — Complimentary "continental" breakfast. I mean, pre-packaged muffins? Come on!
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled solo
1 Thank abqtravelermta
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2007

Stayed two nights. Clean standard modern chain motel. Unassuming exterior, but perfectly adequate as a base. Friendly and helpful check-in staff. No problems whatsoever. Adequate free breakfast, if not fancy. Would stay again.

• Liked — Friendly and efficient check-in staff
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
babyhawke
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2007

I was travelling to rockford from Canada with my mother and my 2year son and 10month old daughter to visit a friend.
When I called to book the room Mike was excellent in handling my reservation. I booked a suite with a sofa bed and double bed partial wall ect. The room was very clean and there was ample room for my 10 month old daughters playpen to be set up along with the sofa bed pulled out.The front desk staff was great from check in all the way to check always ready to help with a smile. the cleaning staff was very nice and helpful :) Very glad we stayed there! Great price for the room as well
Breakfast was very nice and yummy :)
Very impressed!

• Liked — staff was extreamly friendly
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
central Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2007

Enjoyed a one-night stay while in town for a concert. Check in and check out were hassle free, although if you don't use the safe, make sure to have the $1.50 fee waived at checkout!
Breakfast covered the basics, I enjoyed a danish and some cereal. Parking was at a bit of a premium, but the hotel was full so that is to be expected. I would go back again if I needed to stop over for a night or so.

• Stayed June 2007
Cameron
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2007

Upon arriving in Rockford, we called for more specific directions. If we had followed her directions, we would have been going in the opposite direction. Fortunately, our intuition told us to turn around as we knew it couldn't be far from the freeway.
When we checked in, the appearance of the check-in girl was not professional. However, all went smoothly and our rooms were adequate. We needed two rooms and both were comfortable, but I am amazed at the inattention to details, like dust around the edges of the room.
The breakfast was ample, but a little crowded for the amount of people eating there. This hotel is good for an economical overnight stay, but not for a luxurious relaxing stay.

• Liked — The price since we were paying for two rooms
  • Disliked — Unprofessional appearance of the girl at the check-in desk
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with family