“Find Someplace Else”

Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in Rockford
Michigan
“Find Someplace Else”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I spend a lot of nights in hotels, but this one rated right up there with the dirtiest. Unfortunately there were not a lot of other choices and I forgot to check Trip Advisor first. I am on a direct bill with my company and could not get the money back. If I had really looked at the bathroom I would have left regardless.
I took pictures of the shower and the back of the toilet which are below. The carpets did not look like they had been vacuumed and everything was worn. This property needs a complete re-do and good steam cleaning. We left after just a glimpse of the breakfast area.
We stayed at a nearby Fairfield the next night and were very pleased.

Room Tip: Go to another motel/hotel
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank HarleyGirl61
sleepinnrockford, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Hi,

First of all I would like apologize for the inconvenience cause to you. Currently we are doing full renovation of the hotel. In which we will be changing carpet, color instead wallpaper, complete furniture, lighting, vanity and also we are changing the shower doors.

Once again I would like to apologize and would appreciate if you would give us chance to serve you better on your next stay with us. Thanks.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed November 12, 2013

While this property seems reasonable enough for a one night stay while traveling, I must say that, in mid-October, the ghoulish decoration I couldn't miss on the front desk started and left me with a bad impression. When I think of this property that is all that pops into my head. At least it the property didn't leave me with any other bad impressions. ;)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank J M
Reviewed September 13, 2013

When we got to the room it smelled horrible, pulled down bed, sex or pee stains and tons of misc public hairs and body hair. We walked right down to get refund and went to newly renovated red roof Inn which was outstanding. Then next day on hwy I balance check boom instead of credits to my account they took out amount again. I tried calling over 45 minutes no one answered phone. I ended up calling choice hotel customer service never again will I stay at an of their hotels. I finally got an apology from her but never from the actual hotel.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank store633

Travelers are raving about these Rockford hotels

Shelby Township, Michigan
Reviewed September 9, 2013

As part of a soccer group traveling from out of state, this hotel was chosen for us by a reservation company. Upon arrival at 9pm we found the rooms to have stains on the walls, mold on the ceilings and rusty water coming from the shower and sink. Additionally, there was a man and woman in the parking lot in the midst of an act which usually takes place behind closed doors.

This is highly inappropriate for a family visiting for a long soccer weekend.
If you are interested in visiting the Tiger Tail Gentleman's Club and wish to have a quick nap and don't care what bugs you may catch and bring home with you, this is a perfect stop for you!

Room Tip: I suggest any of the other hotels nearby. Our group moved to the Radisson, Marriot, Hilton and Cambr...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
New Bern, North Carolina
Reviewed September 4, 2013

It is well located in the middle of a high end hotel complex. As a result it is very quiet. As with any hotel, they age out and this hotel is no exception. Our room was very clean, but it's hard to overcome time. This is an older model Sleep Inn with overhead lights. There was a basic breakfast, but no yogurts. The GM is very enthusiastic and helpful. It would have been nice if a staff member had notified us of their intent to cut trees/bushes with a buzz saw and then clean-up with an industrial shredder from 6-9 pm. The last thing a traveler needs after a long day on the road is excessive noise when they're paying for peace and quiet...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Terrible, have bed bugs & they do nothing about it! I don't understand how they let people stay in these rooms!
Even bring the bug to the front desk, still nothing was done. They said this wasn't a bug that we left the window open!

• Stayed August 2013
London, Canada
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Sleep inn was nice. The room was super clean but had a weird design (the back of the shower protruded into the living space). Hotel staff was really nice and allowed us a later checkout. Continental breakfast was great, above average actually. The breakfast area was super clean and modern. The city of Rockford is nothing fancy but we were there to watch some hockey which was great. Go Hogs!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends