“Nice Room but Loud Appliances”

Hampton Inn Rockford
Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Rockford
GreenLeadersBronze level
Springfield, United States
“Nice Room but Loud Appliances”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

The room was clean, bed soft, TV large, and plenty of room. Parking was easy and access to the lobby from varies parking spots was easy. The A/C was loud when the compressor started and the fan was so loud as to make it unusable. The breakfast was horrible not worth the time to place it on your plate.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

MSNWT, General Manager at Hampton Inn Rockford, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Dear Harry,

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Rockford for your recent trip to the area and thank you for taking the time to provide your honest feedback about your experience. Our management team does take this feedback and use it to implement positive change in the hotel so other guests will not have the same experience. I would like to offer you my personal apology that we fell short of your expectations when you were recently here. We do perform preventative maintenance on all the rooms regularly. Thank you for letting me know that we have a unit that needs extra attention. We will track down the source of the problem and get it resolved to ensure quiet night’s rest. I also would like to apologize that our breakfast was not satisfactory for you as I know how important breakfast is to start your day. I welcome any specific feedback, comments, or suggestions that you may have in order to help us improve this amenity for all guests. You are certainly welcome to contact me directly to speak to me in greater detail about your experience. You can call me at 815-229-0404 or email me at kgwiazda@ncghotels.com. Once again, please accept my apologies and please know we will quick work to make corrections in order to provide the most comfortable accommodations for our guests.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

I can't say enough about the wonderful staff at this Hampton. When we arrived late and tired to our room we thought it smelled like smoke but decided to just go to bed and deal with it. The next morning we realized that wasn't such a good idea. We told them about our room more so they knew it wasn't us and that they would know. They apologized and refunded our money. We later received a letter of apology and 50per cent off our next stay. At breakfast someone went along to tables taking things away and asking if we needed anything and even handed out bottles of water to everyone. My friends curling iron broke and when her husband asked if the hotel might have one a staff member loaned her personal one to my friend to use. It is these small details that others overlook and I will go back and recommend to friends

• Stayed August 2013
Hampton R, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Rockford, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
I am very pleased to see that our staff went above and beyond to take care of all our needs. We certianly look forward to your next stay, and will continue to provide the highest level of service.
Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

Wonderful stay. Great beds like sleeping on a cloud. Maybe I go there for the matresses and the wonderful surroundings. It's nice to be around nice things and Hampton draws quality in people and also, intelligent people.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for staying with us and the kind words. We are happy to see you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to having you again.
Laguna Niguel, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

The hotel was clean, modern and the service was friendly. The service guest quickly offered me complimentary toiletries when I realized I had forgotten mine. They also gave me a free bottle of water as I checked out because it was so hot outside. The fitness room was well equipped and private.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hampton R, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Rockford, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. It was certianly a hot day on your departure. We hope your travels are safe and we look forward to seeing you here again .
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

1st time staying here. Nice and close to restaurants and just off the highway. Very clean rooms, I should know, I practically lived in hotels for 2 years. Breakfast had a variety for a person who has no food allergies or special diet. Found breakfast eggs to be your typical plastic type. Thank goodness they had hard boiled eggs to eat. Only thing there I could eat. Coffee was excellent! Internet access was reasonably fast.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hampton R, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Rockford, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
We are happy to see you enjoyed you stay with us. We are glad you were able to find a varitey of breakfast, lunch and dinner options.
Bethesda, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

Hampton Inn is my preferred brand; however this hotel fell short in a few areas. If I'm in the area again, I will likely stay at the Residence Inn just down the street. Overall, the hotel was clean and more or less in like-new condition, so no complaints there. However:

(1) A lot of highway noise carried into the room. The hotel is directly adjacent to 1-90, and I found it tough to sleep. I grew up in a home next to an expressway, so this is something that I typically don't mind. However, the highway noise struck me as unusually loud. I don't think the position of my room (first floor, middle of hotel) would be particuarly prone to noise.
(2) The breakfast preparation was inconsistent. For the entire week, I had breakfast shortly after it opened at 6 am. On serveral days, the coffee was not ready. Once, it was placed out about 6:10, but another time it was still not out by the time I left for the day (~6:15). Also, my coworker loves oatmeal, but it typically was not yet cooked it time for him to have some before we had to leave.

Other coworkers stayed at the Residence Inn down the street (away from the highway) and seemed to be very happy with their stays, including their breakfast and the food that was put out for the manager's reception every night.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the end of the hotel that is farthest away from the highway.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

I stayed here with a big group this weekend and was in charge of booking the hotel. I had to call several times to alter the reservations and the staff could not have been more accommodating- some changes were made at the last minute, and yet every need was met. I always book at Hamptons for my group because I want everyone to be happy, and this place exceeded our expectations- great breakfast, extremely clean & comfortable rooms and very nice staff. Thanks for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Hampton R, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Rockford, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
We are happy that we could accommodate our of your guest needs. We look forward to your next stay and will continue to work hard in order meet all of our guest needs.