Hampton Inn Rockford
Red Roof Inn Rockford(Rockford)(Great Value!)
$67
$119
Hotels.com
$125
Travelocity
All reviewspool and hot tubroom was cleanstaff was friendlyfresh fruitfront desk staffhot breakfastwould definitely stay here againwafflesbreakfast areavery nice hotelnice breakfastgreat place to stayking roomsoccer tournamentother hotelsnice staynight's sleep
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 16, 2012

My family and I stayed the night here while traveling back from upper Wisconsin. The hotel itself was a little far back from the main road but around many other hotels and not too fard to find.

The lobby was warm with a fireplace burning and well kept. The front desk staff was very pleasant and accomodating. Once we went to our room I was surprised to see how nice the room was, with dark woods, large comfortable duvets and good bedding. The room was a little tight with two beds but still allowed for adequate room to move around. Though I was with family the room would be great for business with the workspace and internet provided.

The beds were great and very comfortable and provided a good nights sleep! A pool area was great for the kids, and tons of restaurants in the area made this Hampton Inn a great stay!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Kevin S
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We loved this property! The staff was extremely friendly (Carol, Front Desk - Mike, Maintenance - as well as the Breakfast lady) The motel was very hospitable and we really enjoyed the stay, very clean rooms and breakfast was good! We plan to stay when in Rockford for our next mini vac.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Livingforhim1
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I stayed over this past weekend, checked in late around 7-8ish on 10/6 with some family and absolutely loved the place! though it was difficult to find, it was worth doing the searching. During check-in the guy on front desk was extremely friendly and gave great suggestions about dinning options. For the stay it was a little noisy due to soccer team in, but did not detour the clean rooms we stayed in. Breakfast was served hot and fresh! and when we checked out the other service clerk left me on a great note, she thanked me up and down for staying, i wish i remembered the their names from the stay. Other than the difficult location to find and a little noise; the friendly clerks, clean rooms, and great breakfast made up for the minor hitches.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TomHowell72
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I made an advanced reservation at this Hamton Inn as it is my favorite chain, but even the AARP rate brought the cost of 2 doubles to over $125 per night at this location. This seemed quite high for Rockford. I usually like a king, but it was even more so since I was alone I just opted for the 2 doubles. I booked it online as I had to visit there for business; arriving about 4:30 PM on a Sunday. The front desk check-in was perfect; quick service. I requested information on a local church and Nick was very accomodating and printed out directions for me to follow. The room was updated with the standard cabinetry, bath features and bedding. I absolutely love their beds; the duvet and sheet was warm enough and quite comfortable. The front desk telephoned the room to check to assure everything was okay with the room. Everything was perfect.

After a good night's sleep, headed to the hot breakfast area. It was very good, tasty and at 6:15 AM virtually no one was there. Only comment I can make is that I did prepare a waffle. The batter was way too thick and when opening the spout to let the batter flow into the serving cup, it took forever to start flowing. I even shook the container to get it going. This was a bit of a help but it just took too long to get the batter into the cup. I know how it is supposed to be as I always get this at any Hampton. Once they started to get busy I am sure this would be a problem.

I had a special case in that I did not know if I would need the room for additional nights or not and the general manager kindly advised me how to deal with it which was great service. He was very cheerful in presenting it too. On checkout I indicated a problem with one of the light bulbs above the computer desk area and they indicated they would service later that same day.

Overall I was quite happy as always with the consistent service and features offered. I would recommend this hotel; only comment is it seemed much higher than other Hampton Inns in other cities. Rockford isn't any famous stop. I stayed at another Hampton in another city the following night - rate there as a compare was $98 for the AARP and I got the king bed that I prefer.

Room Tip: All rooms about the same; just 2 doubles or a king; which ever you prefer.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Alan H
Reviewed September 4, 2012

The front desk was super: got us checked in with no difficulty. The room was comfortable and nicely updated, although I feel that maids have never "cleaned" carpeting. There were food and drink stains in different areas. The beds were very comfortable and the new furnishings are beautiful and give the room more space.

The breakfast/lobby carpeting needs replacement to spiff up the area.

All in all, I gave the hotel a 5 as we were only there for one night and gone early the next morning. The breakfast was nutritious and enjoyable.

I would stay here again. No problem!

• Stayed: September 2012