“Another great Hampton Inn”

Hampton Inn Rockford
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Rockford
GreenLeadersBronze level
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Another great Hampton Inn”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Stayed here recently to attend a nearby wedding. This was your usual new-ish Hampton Inn, clean, quite and friendly service with simple access off the Interstate. The hotel was packed to the brim with kids for a soccer tournament and we didn't hear a peep, so I can say the rooms are very quiet.

If there was a drawback I'd say it was the A/C unit. It was untypically noisy.

Breakfast was your usual Hampton Inn spread, which is to say, okay if you avoid anything they had to warm up/cook for you.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank RyleyinSTL

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Reviewed June 2, 2012

Usually Hampton Inns are a great place to stay and this was no exception. Very clean ,great friendly staff and a yummy warm breakfast - it was great! We also discovered in the morning that the hotel was filled with soccer and baseball teams, surprising to us since we didn't hear a peep all night. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room, never heard anyone around us even though the hotel was sold out.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Joal M
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed May 27, 2012

My brother and I stayed here last night. We usually have great experiences at Hampton Inns. This one was clean and the room was just okay. I did not like the lack of water pressure in the shower. We had also asked to stay on the top floor. We were told the rooms were revamped to nonsmoking from smoking recently. I can't stand stale smoke smells so we got a room on the third floor. The problem was we were put right next to the stairs and heard the door all night. The location is a little difficult to get to and there is a strip club a few buildings over. We will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay away from the 4th floor unless you are a smoker.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank gapperguy
Frankfort, Illinois
Reviewed May 24, 2012 via mobile

This Hampton never disappoints, clean, friendly staff, good locale. If you are in Rockford thisis the only place you should stay.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Buckly56
Galt, California
Reviewed May 16, 2012

This hotel was one of the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed in. Their staff was very helpful and friendly. They had a decent breakfast in the morning. The location is near several restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not in the freeway side of the building. It will be a little quieter.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank mbhill62
Cape Coral, Florida
Reviewed May 14, 2012

I was a little apprehensive about having to pay too much money for a hotel in Rockford but after noting the amenities and considering the good reviews of Hampton Inn, I decided to go ahead and pay the extra for my overnight stay (May 2012)... and it was worth the money!

After booking, I called the hotel to request early check-in; they noted it and had it ready for me when I called back on the day of the stay and even allowed for late check-out. Those couple hours were exactly what I needed and made my visit all the more relaxing. There were no complaints to be made with the service or the cleanliness of the hotel. Although I didn't get to go swimming, it looked like families with kids were enjoying their time.

I spent even a little more and got the king-study room. It came with a mini-fridge and a microwave, which was clean and convenient and we were on the 4th floor so noise was a non-issue, and although some reviews mentioned noise from the highway, I didn't notice. HVAC was really responsive so we stayed comfortable at all times and the bed was perfect for us. Breakfast was great with fresh waffles, muffins, choice of cereal, even eggs and canadian bacon. Frenchtoast sticks were my fave lol. Location was great; right off the highway and close to all the stores (Super Walmart is perfect for any forgotten items, open 24hrs!) and restaurants (I will be reviewing the Texas Roadhouse & Beefaroo - they were awesome!)

Overall, this is no Ritz but for the hotel in this class, I think the service and amenities cannot be beat! Definitely worth the little extra you spend for a hassle free, worry free stay.

Room Tip: Call ahead and request early check-in or late check-out... they're very friendly and will try to...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Stayed in this hotel in February 2012 and March 2012. I would continue to stay in this location. The hotel is very clean; giving the feeling of being brand new. The hotel staff is wonderful. The continental breakfast was plentiful and actually quite good tasting. The noise level was low, however the expressway is next to the hotel, but that is a given for many hotels in that area. It is in an amazing location with many shops and restaurants in the area. The price is good for the quality. I will agree with another reviewer in that the lack of outlets near the nightstands did prove to be a little annoying when needing them for your computer or cell phone.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business