“will never go back”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“will never go back”
Reviewed August 8, 2011

I don't smoke and they gave a smoke room, couldn't change it because hotel was sold out. The front office manager was not friendly and rude. Her name is Caryl Clauson and she pointed to a card with my question instead of speaking to me. I did not she her smile once. The hotel employees would walk right by you and not speak. This was not a Hampton quality stay.

Room Tip: smoke rooms stink!!!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank niteki
klikosar, General Manager at Hampton Inn Rockford, responded to this review, August 10, 2011
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel and for bringing your concerns to our attention. We strive to always exceed our guest’s expectations and I want to apologize since we obviously did not do that during your last visit with us. There is no excuse for rude team members and I will make sure to address this with our entire team as this is definitely not our standard. I hope you’ll allow me the opportunity to discuss this with you over the phone or via email. Please contact me at 815-229-0404 extension 500 or klikosar@ncghotels.com so I can correct the issue. I hope you’ll give us another try in the future so we can prove to you that your last experience with us was not a normal one. I look forward to exceeding your expectations in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Rockford, Illinois
Reviewed August 6, 2011

The Hampton Inn was a great hotel and the front desk was extremely helpful with my tough situation. I needed a room earlier than when it would be available. They were nice enough to let me check in earlier so I could make it to an interview on time. They had a crib available for my 14 month old son and even let us use the milk the hotel had for him. The breakfast was by far one of the best I've ever had at a hotel with many options! I would recommend this hotel to anyone since they were very helpful to my family. I don't usually write reviews but I felt that their service was so exceptional that I better express it for other people!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Getzville, New York
Reviewed August 1, 2011

My family stayed here for 1 night. The room was spacious enough for us to fit a pack n play for our infant daughter. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. You can definitely tell there has been a renovation and the hotel looked great. There was always fresh coffee in the lobby. The continental breakfast had a good variety and none of us went away hungry. This was our favorite hotel that we've stayed at in Rockford. We will definitely be back. I would highly recommend staying here.

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed July 29, 2011

When I think of a Hampton Inn I think of your basic hotel. This Hampton Inn is not that. From the outside it appears it just be another hotel, but on the inside it has been entirely redone. It has a nice new smell and all new furnishing. It has more of a contemporary style throughout it. The room was very clean. The bathroom was very nice and the room itself was tastefully done. It had a nice big bed and a pullout sofa which was actually pretty comfortable. Also the room had a nice new flat screen TV. It was a nice hotel to stay in and after staying at it I will defiantly consider staying at a Hampton Inn again.

columbia, mo
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Our girls 14U softball team stayed in this hotel for 4 nights. This is a very nice hotel and they accomodated several teams very nicely (they were a sponsor to the tournament). The only negative thing I can say about this hotel is: the rooms were kind of small. If we were staying 1 night, it would not have been a big deal, but we stayed 4 nights.

Grand Junction, Colorado
Reviewed July 5, 2011

easy check in; friendly/helpful staff; very clean room; comfortable bed & linens; the one thing that seems to be consistent w/ our stays @ Hampton's is the 'above and beyond' service we receive from both the front desk and housekeeping. A "good morning!" served with a smile is always refreshing these days (and the snickers candy left by room housekeeping doesn't hurt either). We left my son's beloved blanket-called & spoke w/Nathan at the front desk. He asked housekeeping to look and called back to say they didn't find it. I told him I was 99% sure it was there-He said he would look himself. Nathan promptly called back and said he had it and would mail it out that day. Just got back from another stay @ a hampton in Utah. Same great service and value!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank bmxm0m
Flint, Michigan
Reviewed May 18, 2011

I traveled from Michigan with my husband for his work and radomly chose the Hampton Inn. I have always been disappointed with hotels because the rooms are dated, they are pricey, and provide only a continental breakfast. I was pleasantly surprised at how beautifully decorated the room AND bathroom were. We didn't even have to splurge on a suite to be extremely satisfied with our room. They were recently remodeled and decorated very much like an upper class bed and breakfast. The young gal at the front desk was friendly but didn't seem very knowledgeable about the area, which I found perplexing if she lived in the vicinity. For a hotel, the breakfast was better than average. They had a huge variety of items, which included yogurt, bagles, muffins, waffles, eggs, sausage, ect. My experience at this Hampton Inn allowed me to open my eyes up to hotels once again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business