“Extremely noisy stay at this just average hotel”

Radisson Hotel & Conference Center Rockford
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Rockford
Los Angeles, California
“Extremely noisy stay at this just average hotel”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

The room was just ok. Reasonably comfortable bed, average amenities, furniture not in perfect condition and not terribly clean. Nothing special, but seemingly ok. The BIG problem we experienced on our 2-night stay was NOISE. Our room was on the 2nd floor facing the front lobby area. It was extremely noisy into the wee hours of the morning, with parties downstairs and loud people heading up and down the hallways yelling, laughing, talking loud until 3 am. Whenever the people in the room above our walked across the floor, it caused our bed to shudder. We used the thermostat to turn off the A/C-Heat unit in the window, which blows air very loudly, but nonetheless the unit would come on literally every 15 minutes or so all night long, blow cool air very loudly into the room for about 8-10 seconds, then shut itself off. That, together with all the other noise, woke us up all night long. It was a terrible stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is far from the lobby and elevator area, to avoid the noise.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Radisson Hotel & Conference Center Rockford, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the faulty AC/heater in your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Radisson standards. Also, we understand and realize how important a quiet environment is and apologize for the disruptive, loud noises during the night. Your feedback helps us prevent situations such as this in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Lombard, Illinois
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I stayed at the Radisson Hotel and Conference Center in early October, 2013. I have no complaints, I would stay here again. The hotel was clean and comfortable, the staff were exceptionally nice. My coffee maker in my room was not working, and when I went to the restaurant for a cup of coffee, they comped it due to the inconvenience of not having a coffee maker that worked. When I returned to the room later that day, the coffee maker had been replaced. The hotel is in a great location, and I have no complaints.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed October 31, 2013

We have stayed here a couple times previously and overall it is a nice place. Very large rooms. We were upgraded to a room with a Jacuzzi; but it appeared to have not been used recently. When I filled it with water, the water was not real clean and there were specs of something in it. Also, there seemed to be a leak of some sort in the bathroom; because there was water on the floor. Due to Club Carlson status, we did have a nice bottle of wine waiting for us in the room. The two room issues were not a big deal. We did not pay extra for the Jacuzzi; but I would have used it; since we had it. We just put some towels down in the bathroom to soak up the water. We did not feel like moving rooms and everything else was clean; so I just mentioned it to the front desk when we left in the morning. We had no issues when we have stayed here previously; so we would not hesitate to stay again in the future.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for three nights for business, I have to say this is a very nice hotel, the staff was very helpful and friendly at the front desk and at the restaurant.

The room was spacious, spotless and very comfortable, except for the filthy hairdryer, which I kept myself away from. I enjoyed having a Sleep Number Bed and a big screen TV.

I loved the heated indoor pool with the windows that allowed sunlight in and the music in the background, it was very relaxing after a long day of travel.

The first night I was unable to charge my MP3, although all the connections imaginable we're present in the room, so they offered me to plug it to their computer at the desk for the night.

I went to the computer room a few times while waiting for the food I had ordered in the tiny restaurant and bar across the hall, the internet was fast and chairs were comfortable.

On my last day, I had a nice breakfast at the restaurant while watching the news on the television set mounted on the back wall.

The hotel is not far by walk from the Van Galder bus terminal, around 3 or 5 minutes walking distance and there is also a gas station and other restaurants close by.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Radisson_Rockford, Manager at Radisson Hotel & Conference Center Rockford, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback about your experience. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and that everything was to your liking. We look forward to seeing you the next time that your travels bring you into the area.
Lathrup Village
Reviewed April 18, 2013

The Suites were very spacious and the service was great too.
It was slightly disappointed that my booking of my room online was mixed up, but the staff quickly apologized for the inconvenience and fixed the issue.

Room Tip: the suites were very nice and not much more expensive.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Radisson_Rockford, Manager at Radisson Hotel & Conference Center Rockford, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your stay. I would like to offer a sincere apology for any confusion that may have come from the reservation mix up. We value your business and hope to see you during your next visit to the area

West Lafayette, Indiana
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My elderly mother and I were in Rockford to attend a funeral. My cousin made our reservations, which included breakfast. When we check in they did not know anything about breakfast for the two mornings were were there. Ok, pick your battles and this was not that big a deal to us - McDonalds just a block away. The hotel is clean and everyone was very helpful. There are sleep number beds in the room - one did not work. The sofa was broken down and only comfortable when bed pillows where placed behind our backs. I mentioned these issues when checking out and was told they would fix them.

After a email questionaire was completed, management sent a refund for one night. This was more than expected and a satisfactory resulution.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank BEAVO9
We take great pride in our customer service here at the Radisson. In any service oriented industry mistakes are bound to occur, when these instances do occur the response to the situation makes all the difference. We do not like to leave a customer unhappy with any of our services and we hope that you will stay with us during your next visit to the Rockford area.

Warmest regards,

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed February 9, 2013

This hotel is absolutely beautiful! I came down for an event in the ballroom I was amazed at how nice everything was from the sparking chandeliers in the ballroom and lobby to the neatness and nice design of the room. I will never forget how friendly and welcoming the staff was. Gayle did an awesome job checking me in and out, she gave great details of the hotel and she always had a huge smile on her face. I also spoke with the managers Marcus and Olen who were also very friendly they made me feel as if I was home. The next morning I had breakfast in the restaurant, the food was excellent, I also got my food very fast, my waitress Patty was extremely nice and outgoing. I was hoping to get a medallia to rate the hotel but I never received one. Overall, my whole experience at this hotel was lovely I will definitely be back soon!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for all of the staff mentions. I will be sure to notify each person who was mentioned by name as we like to celebrate excellent service here at our hotel. Our focus is always on the guest experience and it is very encouraging when we receive positive feedback.