“Enjoyable and convenient”

Radisson Hotel & Conference Center Rockford
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Rockford
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Just off I-90/39 - and easy to get there, this Radisson was quite nice and reasonable. There are numerous hotels and resturantes in the area to choose from, but this was nice. It was recently modernized and each room was very comfortable. I was also surprised how close everything was to the hotel since I forgot some items. A Walmart was one bloick away, Target across the stree, Ross around the corner, etc. I had been through Rockfor so many times, but this time I stayed a few days and i found the city very charming. The great Egyptologist James Henry breasted is buried there and there are numerous museums in the region of the Radisson. The Natural History Museum - Burpee Natural History Museum - has some very rare and recently exhibited dinosaur remains that are not duplicated elsewhere! I will be back for certain.

Room Tip: The beds are all sleep comofrt types and the air quality of the room was great.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed November 11, 2012

So, I booked a loft/jacuzzi room at this hotel. I figured for $300 per night I'd be impressed. Boy, was I wrong. The lobby was nice so I was excited. Walking into the room was like walking into a time warp into my grandmothers house. The sofa looked like something from the Victorian era. It should've had plastic on it to complete the look. There were wooden things hanging on the wall that had at least an inch of dust on them. There was a china cabinet in the room....a china cabinet! Grandma! Then we went upstairs to the loft area. It's a four poster canopy bed...from the Victorian era, not a Sleep number bed. I could understand this fixtures being in a themed room but come on. The jacuzzi was right next to the bed. Yeah. There was also an old fashioned box fan in the loft area which I thought was odd. Then there was a day that we had returned and the room had just been "cleaned" (still inch thick dust on the wall hangings) and the housekeeper looked shocked. She said something in Spanish and handed me the bag of candy we had left in the room. It was like "Oops, I didn't think you were coming back so here's the bag candy that I was going to keep". Weird. I will never stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SteviNiks
Carlson Hotels C, Corporate at Radisson Hotel & Conference Center Rockford, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your stay.

We are sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. Your feedback, specifically about the cleanliness of the room, has been shared with appropriate management to ensure this is addressed with our staff.

Comments such as yours provide us with the tools to examine areas of improvement. We would encourage you to contact us directly to discuss your stay in further detail.

We hope that if your travels bring you to the area, that you give us another chance.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed November 10, 2012

The desk clerk who assisted me both and check in and check out as well as the assistant manager, Olden, were exceptional. I travel frequently for business, and have not met this level of customer service in a long time. They truly care if you are happy about your stay, and if you are not they will fix it. They won't just say they will like other places, but they go over and above and beyond to make their customers happy. The room was very nice, and clean, and it was such a pleasure to stay here I booked a second night.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Likest0Sh0p
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Spent 4 nights in hotel in one stay. Room was spacious with rather nice beds. They should be adjustable but I could work it out.
Interesting feature was the built in TV in the mirrors in some rooms.
The service in the morning and lunch was excellent. They were trying their absolute best and succeeded.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Stayed here during a soccer weekend in Rockford. The Sleep Number beds were very comfortable, the rooms clean and the staff exceptionally polite considering the place was full. The desk clerk and assistant manager went out of their way to make sure everything we could have needed was covered thanks Chris and Olden

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I work for a tour and travel company and we have used this property for several years on the first night of a 4-day tour which sight-sees in this area. We made our reservations for this year's trip 11 months ago so that we would be sure to have rooms. When it was time (this year) to finalize everything for our visit, we were told very coldly that they had bumped us in preference to another group who wanted to extend their stay an extra night. (Obviously this other group was not already at the hotel b/c it was several weeks before check-in date.) I deal with hotels all around the country, and this is the first time we have EVER been "bumped" (thrown out) of a contractual agreement with a hotel. The girl who called was actually quite abrupt, and definitely didn't care at all about the unprofessional treatment we were being given. What it boiled down to is that this other group had more people (rooms) than we did, so they received preferential treatment over us, even though we had been dealing with this hotel for a number of years now. Does that count for nothing anymore? To give a complete picture, they did suggest another hotel, and at my request, agreed to pay for breakfast there since it did not automatically include one like the Radisson's rate did.
I would encourage anyone who is thinking about booking here to be sure you don't mind switching hotels at the last minute (IF you can find availability), because if they decide to give away your room to "a more impressive customer" (i.e. making them more money), they will. Very poor customer relations, to put it mildly. As I said, I have never experienced this with a hotel before in 26 years of business. If you are a person of principle, may I encourage you to take your business to another hotel as a stand against managers who need to learn "The Golden Rule".

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Traveler W
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support, Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group at Radisson Hotel & Conference Center Rockford, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Thank you for writing a review regarding your experience with our hotel. I sincerely apologize for the treatment you were given regarding the situation that occurred, we would like to discuss this further. Please contact Carlson Customer Care at your earliest convenience.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

stayed there several times overnight, on business. very nice rooms, has always been very clean and quiet. check--in has been effecient rooms nicely appointed, although bathrooms are small the rest of the room is nice sized as a trade off. ate at the hotel restaurant once, above average within easy walking distance of several nice restaurants, recommend Thunderbay Grille, across the highway short walk to Van Galder bus terminal for transportation to Chicago, or Beloit, Janesville,etc.

Room Tip: hallways are LONG, so ask for room fairly close to elevators
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business