Super 8 Rockford
Sleep Inn(Rockford)
Residence Inn Rockford(Rockford)
Courtyard Rockford(Rockford)
View Hotel
All reviewsrefrigerator and microwavethe rooms were niceno elevatortaxkeys
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 2, 2012

Trying to save money, I realized you get what you pay for. I mean no offense to anyone from India, but an Indian family runs this place and lives...I mean LIVES in this motel. We walked in to see an old Indian man being wheeled into the lobby where he was then left to groan LOUDLY in the lobby and proceed to take his teeth out and put them on the table. His son (?) then fed him dinner. When we came down from our basically dilapidated room, the entire family was eating a full Indian meal in the tiny lobby. It reeked. To save money, go to the Motel 6 nearby. It looks much nicer and cost less. I wish we did. Uncomfortable beds, dirty carpet, etc.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Kschurtz
Reviewed March 15, 2012

We stayed here for two nights in the context of the Illinois state wrestling tournament. Location is great, right off the interstate. Within a walk or short drive there are numerous restaurants and other kinds of stores. The room was pretty clean and the beds were somewhat comfortable. The lobby is very small but they do a nice cheap breakfast with a decent selection. Staff were fine, as was the parking. This is for people who just need a room in a decent location and don't expect much else. The only problem we had was the lack of hot water one morning. This is likely because probably 40 people were showering within an hour's time frame to get ready to go to the wrestling meet.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Illinoisview
Reviewed March 12, 2012

Aweful service. Free continental breakfast consisted of day old donuts, last nights mini cupcakes and orange juice that ended up getting spit accross the room because it had to be outdated by a month. The room was clean but the bathroom was not in any way near clean shape. The shower head was TAPED to the wall. There were water stains on almost every single ceiling tile in the bathroom. Absolutely will not ever come back to Super 8. These people should be taken out back and beat for letting anyone come to this dump and actually making them pay. I wish I would have spent that extra ten bucks and been able to use the showerhead.

Room Tip: There are plenty of hotels around this place. Choose one of them. Steer clear of this dump.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Brent86
Reviewed January 23, 2012

I booked for the price and the proximity to the highway, but this place exemplifies the saying "You get what you pay for." I arrived around 11 pm and there was only one other car in the parking lot - never a good sign. When I opened the front door, the lobby was locked and there was a sign telling guests to pick up the phone and call for service. I couldn't hear anything on the other end, but (presumably) the owner came out a few moments later in his PJ's. He seemed put off that I was there and became even more so when I refused to pay extra for a phone and safe that I would not be using. The room was clean and semi-comfortable, but you could tell that any maintenance on the property was done as cheaply as possible. I also had to fight with Wyndham rewards for a month to get points for my stay here. I will not return.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank ML_ND
Reviewed July 8, 2010

Stayed two different nights, and found accommodations to be clean and safe. Beds were OK. No breakfast, but coffee and hot chocolate were available. Nice front desk staff. Worth the money, more expensive on weekends.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends