“Half assed everything.”
Review of Super 8 Rockford

Super 8 Rockford
Ranked #22 of 24 Hotels in Rockford
Reviewed March 12, 2012

Aweful service. Free continental breakfast consisted of day old donuts, last nights mini cupcakes and orange juice that ended up getting spit accross the room because it had to be outdated by a month. The room was clean but the bathroom was not in any way near clean shape. The shower head was TAPED to the wall. There were water stains on almost every single ceiling tile in the bathroom. Absolutely will not ever come back to Super 8. These people should be taken out back and beat for letting anyone come to this dump and actually making them pay. I wish I would have spent that extra ten bucks and been able to use the showerhead.

Room Tip: There are plenty of hotels around this place. Choose one of them. Steer clear of this dump.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Brent86

Reviewed January 23, 2012

I booked for the price and the proximity to the highway, but this place exemplifies the saying "You get what you pay for." I arrived around 11 pm and there was only one other car in the parking lot - never a good sign. When I opened the front door, the lobby was locked and there was a sign telling guests to pick up the phone and call for service. I couldn't hear anything on the other end, but (presumably) the owner came out a few moments later in his PJ's. He seemed put off that I was there and became even more so when I refused to pay extra for a phone and safe that I would not be using. The room was clean and semi-comfortable, but you could tell that any maintenance on the property was done as cheaply as possible. I also had to fight with Wyndham rewards for a month to get points for my stay here. I will not return.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank ML_ND
Reviewed July 8, 2010

Stayed two different nights, and found accommodations to be clean and safe. Beds were OK. No breakfast, but coffee and hot chocolate were available. Nice front desk staff. Worth the money, more expensive on weekends.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 29, 2009

I don't normally leave reviews, but this was just awful. We stayed on a cold winter night. The parking lot was not cleared and when we got to the room, it was freezing cold. The heating unit had been unplugged and it took half the night for it to warm the room after we had plugged it in.

The room was disgusting! You didn't dare touch anything and it appeared like the owner was doing repairs and upgrades himself to save money because the craftsmanship was terrible. Oh, there's also a compact safe for you to put your valuables in since the place is so secure.

At 6 a.m., I went down to the lobby for the continental breakfast and found it vacant except for another customer. I returned to the lobby at 6:30 am and again it was vacant. I was just about to go back to my room when I noticed the room nearest the lobby open and out stumbles the owner. He stumbled around, rubbing his eyes, and bringing out the cheapest continental breakfast I've ever seen. I didn't even bother trying to eat anything...I just wanted to get out of there.

By the way, this guy won't give you a refund or any money back for your horrible stay. He's just trying to get as much money out of the hotel before he runs it completely into the ground.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank Almo72
Reviewed August 7, 2009

We were with a couple that had to drive up from KY. and we were in town to see a show. We got to the motel late around 1:30a.m. to check in and NO ONE was in the lobby. Luckily a guest let us in the LOCKED front door. We waited in the lobby while my friends husband walked around the halls to find an employee to check us in. However he found no one. Waited for 20 minutes and decided to leave....then the front desk clerk decided to wake up and come down to the desk. We should not have had to wait that long...poor service and not clean place. Thankfully it wasn't winter and the kind guest let us in..

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank mel53537
Reviewed August 4, 2009

Have stayed in many adequate Super 8 motels, but this one is awful. Bathroom is filthy; carpeting is filthy. The girl at the front desk is fantastic at video games, but she provides laughably minimal customer service. The breakfast is a selection of mini-boxed cereals, packaged mini-donuts, and two juices --- oops, the apple juice is unavailable. The whole place is creepy and disgusting, and at $80 for a room, including tax, the whole miserable experience was enough to get me to write my first ever motel review. Spend another $20.00 and stay at one of the competitors next door.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank travel_familyy
Reviewed February 24, 2009

I was going to stay at another hotel right next to this one, but wasnt allowed to stay because of my age (19). I was just passing threw town and just needed somewhere to sleep. When i went into this hotel they were very understanding and very polite. They let me stay there, and it was very clean and nice. Very quiet. Will stay again.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled solo