“Not good...Never again!”

Red Roof Inn Rockford
Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Rockford
Reviewed July 29, 2010

I had to stay at this hotel after deciding to stay an extra night w/ my family. The hotel I had checked out of was booked in the type of room I needed. I had read the reviews on this site, but was wondering if it was the same hotel, because it was nothing like they had said. The price was in the same area as I had paid at the other hotel, but there was no breakfast and the internet was soo slow. The rooms were small and the area did not seem safe for my son at all! I didn't like having to walk in the parking lot at night to ask the desk staff something. It was scary to say the least. I wish I could have just stayed where I was previous because for the same price I got soo much more!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank mommadp

Reviewed July 24, 2010

Very pleased with cleanliness of rooms. Staff was very courteous and helpful. Especially Yolanda at the front desk.Have been there for 2 occassions for the past month. Will stay there again if in area.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank pumpkindee
Reviewed July 23, 2010

I've been traveling for business purposes and have stayed at the Red Roof Inn in Rockford, Illinois for a number of years. I've seen many changes through the years with management and the staff.
The people that I want to commend are Juwanna, Yolanda, and Marsha.
Juwanna manages the staff and keep a close eye on what's going on there and is most helpful if a situation would come up. Juwanna is a very caring person who wants to treat you with the utmost respect as do Marsha and Yolanda.
Marsha and Yolanda, who attend the front desk, are always friendly and most courteous to whom ever comes into the office. I've never had a complaint with the way I've been treated and made to feel welcome and comfortable staying at Red Roof Inn.
The Inn has had a nice remodel within the past couple of years. Juwanna has made sure that the grounds are kept nice also.
I'm most happy with my stays there and would recommend this motel to others.
I'm not one that needs or wants a pool. Just a place to rest and feel safe.
Thank you Juwanna and staff for making that possible.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank MJD93
Reviewed July 3, 2010

had read previous reviews and decided to stay there from them. we weren't disappointed. helpful staff and very clean.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LinL531
Reviewed June 16, 2010

We have stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn while visiting Rockford in the past. When I checked the rate for this trip at the Hilton Garden, it was $169/night. That was too much for me, so I made reservations at the Red Roof for approxmately $72/night. The Inn must of been recently remodeled. The room was nicely decorated and very clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. The location was nice and easy to get around Rockford from. My only complaint was on Saturday night a party started up in the parking lot right by our room. As more beer was consumed the party and guests got louder. Since it was right outside of the Inn Office I thought somebody would say something, but I was wrong. The party was still going strong at 1:30 am. Needless to say it was a long night. I also think with the remodel, the bed mattresses could be a little better, they seemed really cheap and non-supportive. I guess I would stay here again, depending on the rate it is an extremely good value.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank o2brich
Reviewed March 2, 2010

My friend and I and our dogs were returning to Minneapolis from Chicago and did not want to spend another night in Chicago. We booked this motel based on the reviews and were not disappointed! The room was spacious and clean and seemed very new! A perfect way to wind down from our trip. It was very quiet, as it was a Sunday night and they had a special deal.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 2, 2009

My wife and I were driving with our dog from Toronto to Winnipeg, and stopped in the Chicago area overnight.

We had found the hotel in the CAA/AAA tourbook and also looked it up on Tripadvisor before we left home.

When we arrived in Rockford, we had been in the car for 8 hours and we will tried and grumpy. We easily found Red Roof from the highway. The neighbourhood around the hotel looked nice, new shopping, lots of new places to eat. When we pulled into the hotel lot, we were impressed by the landscaping (as that is often a sign of a good hotel, when you are just pulling off the highway).

The man who was keeping the check in desk was very polite and pleasant. He told us that dogs stay free! That is great as most places charge you for an extra person! We got a 'king exclusive room' for under $50. The rooms was totally remodeled and big. It came with a king size bed and a free internet. We were pleased.

The hotel does not offer any form of breakfast at all (free tea and coffee only), but there is a 24h Denny's right across the street (and many other places to eat).

If you are needing a place to stay, I do recommend this hotel. We would stay there again for sure.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple