“Hidden Gem, Who Would Have Known?”

Red Roof Inn Rockford
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Rockford
Chicago, Illinois
“Hidden Gem, Who Would Have Known?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

I was traveling for business recently in the Rockford area and needed to find a clean and cost effective hotel to stay at. Due to extensive travels I'd be arriving late and leaving early. I had read the reviews and decided to give the Red Roof Inn Rockford a try but didn't expect it to be as nice as it really was. Room was very clean. Offer the basics but. Newly renovated with modern touches to decor. Staff was extremely helpful and friendly. For best options, select a King Superior Room.

Room Tip: Select a King Superior Room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
rockfordredroof, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Rockford, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn Rockford. The entire staff were pleased to hear your stay was an enjoyable one. The staff work extremely hard to provide our guest with clean and comfortable rooms and superior guest service. We want all of our guest to fill confident in our product and we take pride in making sure that they are pleased with the hotel upon arrival and departure.

Again thank you for taking the time to write a review and please consider us your hotel of choice should your travel plans bring you back to the Rockford area.

i0035@redroof.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

The receptionist was awesome, knew what she was doing, very helpful, just great! She knew the area very well and she was very pleasant, we are coming back because of our wonderful experience, and the cleanliness and atmosphere.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank mine120361
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review. On behalf of my entire staff, we really appreciate your kind comments regarding your recent stay. We work extremely hard to provide our guest with a clean and comfortable room. Reviews like your give our team member inspiration to continue to do a great job.

Please consider us your hotel of choice should your travel plans bring you back to the Rockford area.

I0035@redroof.com
Stillwater, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

Neal, the check in clerk was rude to my husband. We called ahead to see if there was room for our truck and rv & were told there was if we parked by the office. We pulled in and my husband went inside to find out exactly where we needed to put it. Neal rudely told us that wasn't where he said to put it. We had to park on the other side. My husband explained that's why he was coming in so he could park in the correct spot. I went in a few minutes later to check in and he wasn't rude nor overly friendly either. Other than the check in issue, our stay was fine. I was pleased to see the rooms were remodeled and nice. We like staying at Red Roof Inns especially when traveling with our dog. The remodeled rooms are really great! Looking forward to the whole chain being completed! Heather at check out was very friendly. I explained to her about check in & she was very apologetic. Said hopefully she could wait on us at our next visit.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for your review and we appreciate you taking the time to fill out a review. Please accept my sincerest apology. Customer Service is always our number one priority so on the behalf Neal and the entire team we apology. I can assure you that I will take the necessary steps to ensure this does not happen in the future. On the other hand I was very happy to hear your stay was still a success even with a rocky start. I will also ensure to celebrate Heather success with the entire team

If you should have any further concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me at the information listed below. On behalf of my entire staff, we value your patronage and would love to have another opportunity to make things right for you our valued and loyal guest.

Pewaukee, Wisconsin, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

The place provided a clean and somewhat comfortable place to stay on the road. The motel is in a very nice location convenient to a number of stores and food but the area is not pedestrian friendly (Rockford's fault, not the Inn's).

For the price they are charging I was expecting a little more solid of a room. The furniture, mattress, appliances etc are all bottom of the line quality. They are not necessarily old, just poorly made. The cable reception was poor, I couldn't tell if it was the TV or the cable.

I would say I would not be back unless they knocked at least $20 off their rate. Even then I would probably just give another place a shot.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
rockfordredroof, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Rockford, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you for taking your valuable time to post a review. I am pleased your stay was a pleasant one and I will certainly share your comments with the entire staff. We also understand the importance of great savings and we will indeed take this feedback into thought. We all look forward to the opportunity to serve you again, should your travel plans bring you back to the Rockford area.

Rochester, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

We truly recommend the Red Roof Inn Rockford for it's exemplary staff (Heather & Veronica), smoke free environment, CLEAN rooms, comfortable beds, caring of the staff for all your needs, and their smiles all day long! I can't say enough good things about this hotel. We were there for a loved one in the hospital and knowing we would come back to a clean, comfortable room run by caring and attentive smiling staff was the best experience we could ask for. It's location is excellent also. It is surrounded by eating establishments to all tastes but is still very quite.

Room Tip: This hotel has no restaurant BUT it is surrounded by eating establishments that are all excellent an...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
rockfordredroof, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Rockford, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Dear Lizann2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful survey. It is always a pleasure to hear from you our valued guest and an extreme delight to see our employee get mention for the service they provide. Heather has been a great new additional to the Red Roof Inn Rockford family and Veronica who has been with the property for over 12 years was extremely delighted to see her hard work paying off. On behalf of my entire staff we would like to thank you and hope that your family member continue to recover well. I have shared your review with my entire team and they were pleased to hear about the services that were provided.

Again, Thank you for your review and we value your patronage and look forward to serving you should your travel plans bring you back to the Rockford area.

Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

We didn't have a reservation and they were full. As we were leaving in our vehicles, Tiffany ran out and said they just had a cancellation. Next thing we knew, we were checked in and walking into our room. It was a wonderfully clean room that had been re modeled. The walls are beautiful and the lights over the bed are very nice stainless steel. I love the wood floors with touches of carpet. We stayed here six weeks ago and today they are even better. We will be staying here on are way to Minnesota every time. Like I said in the title, they are pet friendly and do not charge extra for pets. Our dog travels everywhere with us and it is so nice to pull off the road at a place that doesn't charge extra for everything.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
rockfordredroof, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Rockford, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Tiffany was extremely overwhelmed with your comments and feedback. On behalf of Tiffany and the entire staff we appreciate your kind words of appreciation. The entire staff works hard to provide our guest with great quality and excellent service and it is always a pleasure when we hear feedback from our guest.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

The service was great! Team member Heather was fantastic. She was very helpful and friendly which made my experience a positive one. I would definitely stay at red roof inn in the future. Thank you so much for the wonderful service and accommodations.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Zumbapower
Thank you kindly for taking the time to write a review. I have shared your feedback with Heather and the team and they were overwhelmed with your comments. We take pride in making our guest feel confident, significant and delight in the service and quality, and we were pleased to hear the you enjoyed your stay at our location.

Please consider us your hotel of choice should your lodging plans bring you back to the Rockford area.