New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Rockford
Genoa
“Ok, could be better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We stay here on average once a month. Rooms rate a 9/10 for being clean but can tell you a few things about previous stays. 2x reservations made were given a nonsmoking room. They just give an ashtray-then it's no longer non smoking, is it? We have NEVER had a tv that worked well, and the bad thing is if you complain, instead of changing your room, they actually waste your paid room time by coming in to try and fix the tv!!! Went in without reservations once and were told it was booked. Called on the phone--same man, I was sitting in my car watching him--made a reservation and walked in with confirmation number. I know they have to have so many rooms for walk ins, calls, etc., but let me tell you, he was a little more than embarrassed when he realized what I did. For as many times as we've stayed, we've never gotten a discount or comped room...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CindyCornell
rockfordredroof, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Rockford, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Rockford Red Roof.

At Red Roof, we strive to provide every customer with superior service; therefore your feedback is very important to us. I want you to know that we are taking the appropriate measures to address your concerns that occurred during your reservation process as well as your stays to prevent any future occurrence.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I was looking for something basic while driving through Rockford on a road trip, and this seemed the most decent option for the price. Overall, it wasn't bad but I would not have stayed here more than one night. The staff was okay but not overly friendly. The bed was not in good shape - every time I sat on the bed, I could hear (and feel) the springs bouncing up and down, although I slept well enough in it. I also had to deal with a couple of flies that were camped out in the room when I got there. Other than that, I had no major problems and the price was certainly good.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Whereforart
rockfordredroof, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Rockford, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Rockford Red Roof.

I did also want you to know we will be doing a full renovation on this property in January of 2013. So hopefully on your next trip through Rockford you will come enjoy our new Beds etc…

Natalie Prignano
Malvern, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

First impression was good. Friendly staff, clean, decent bed. Room smelled fine until we turned on the air, then an unpleasant odor started. Left and went to dinner and odor was worse when we returned, smelled like wet, dirtysocks. Should have complained, but not my style. If this happens to you, either switch rooms or leave, it does not improve.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank huckcummings
rockfordredroof, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Rockford, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Rockford Red Roof.

If you could please email your name that the reservation was under, I will look into that rooms HVAC concerns. I will also take the measue to check additional rooms to make sure we do not have that situation happenning in other rooms.

Mineral Point
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Four of us stayed 8/7/12 and were very pleased with room cleanliness, staff, location and quiet rooms. Two of us stayed in non-smoking king and two of us in smoking superior king. Both had ref/micro. If you're looking for a fancy "free" breakfast this is not for you. The price is good for the quality of the stay. Plenty of great restaurants/shopping all around this hotel. We will definately stay here again next year when we visit the Boone Co. fair in Belvidere!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
rockfordredroof, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Rockford, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Rockford Red Roof.

orlando
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

After having a very bad experience at another hotel, we went to check out the red roof and the staff was awesome! Was worried about the rooms but come to find out it was newly renovated. Felt so at ease at this hotel. The only thing wrong with cleanliness was the smell of the sheets. Thats something I always check and haven't been impressed with at that rate. Over all, Great Hotel!

• Stayed August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
rockfordredroof, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Rockford, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Rockford Red Roof. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels.

Midland Park, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

The hotel was clean and looked like it was kept up, I arrived at night so I didn't get a chance to really look around. I was meet at the front desk by a gentleman named Keith. More places should have employees like him. Very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and neat. The beds however need replacing, and the pillows are rock hard. If your passing through it's a good spot to stay for the price.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review here on trip advisor. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Rockford Red Roof. We hope to be starting to replace all our beds and bedding (including Pillows) in mid-October.
plainfield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

The hotel was clean and kept up. My car would not start and I went to the front desk. She was useless but I found the maintainence man. He was extremely helpful. We tried jumping my car, he came with tools and he even took me to buy a new battery. You can have peace of mind staying here that if something unexpected happens the maintainence person is very personable and helpful.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

I will make sure to share your comments with Richard our Maintenance man. Positive guest feedback, like yours, is always an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.