“Alarm Clock”

Holiday Inn Rockford (I-90 Exit 63)
Ranked #16 of 25 Hotels in Rockford
Fox Valley, Wisconsin
“Alarm Clock”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2010

I had a great stay at this hotel on a recent business trip. Check in was friendly and quick. The only real problem was that the alarm clock was set by a previous guest and woke me way earlier than I needed to get up. I wish hotels would make checking the clock part of housekeeping.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank blackbirdsinging

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Bloomingdale, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2010

I can't say enough about the staff at the Holiday Inn Rockford. We recently hosted a wedding in the Rockford area and we had over 40 rooms booked. LeeLee the sales manager was a joy to deal with and so professional and accomodating. Many of our guests commented on how clean and comfortable the hotel was for their stay. The sports bar was a great place to gather after the rehearsal dinner, and the Hoffman House resturaunt was perfect for breakfast for our guests. I would highly recommend this hotel for an economical, pleasant stay...and I would definately recommend them for a wedding hotel block!

• Stayed September 2010
1 Thank jmusch_10
SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2010

Very friendly staff; clean, comfortable room. and convenient location. One of the bus stops from O'Hara airport. Rates were very reasonable.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank ScMetalman
Duluth, MN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2010

We just needed a place to sleep and shower on our mini road trip and this place worked great. The rooms pretty clean, the linens were nice and pillows were comfortable. Ample amounts of free parking. It was also super easy to find. I was able to get the room pretty cheap on Friday night via priceline's "name your own price" deal.

• Stayed September 2010
1 Thank wisoc003
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2010

We were walk in guests (couple with an infant) while on a cross-country roadtrip. We've always had good luck with Holiday Inns so decided to stop here and we were not disappointed. For a standard room with two queen beds, we paid the AAA rate of $82 or $92 with taxes.

As usual with Holiday Inns, the linens were excellent and the room was clean. The room was not upscale but kept up-to-date and was a decent size. The room included a small table with two chairs, a fridge and even a microwave. The staff quickly brought a crib up for our daughter.

There were a number of fast food restaurants in the area which was convenient for us.

We would certainly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Schererville, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2010

We stayed at this hotel while in Rockford for a wedding.
I honestly didn't mind this hotel. The staff was friendly. Room was clean & roomy. Bed was comfy, the usual pillows & sheets you'd see in a Holiday Inn.
They were in the process of remodeling the hotel which it needs/needed. Our room was showing it's age more than anything.
The only thing that really bothered me was that our air conditioner was really loud and sounded like it was going to take off any any moment. If it wasn't so loud and I wasn't trying to sleep with the a/c off in July I probably would not have been bothered by having a ground floor room. With the a/c off though the parking lot noise was more noticeable. If it wasn't so late when we returned to our room maybe I would have asked for maintenance to repair it.
I'd stay at this hotel again. No real reasons not to.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
Isanti, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2010

We stayed here one night on our way home from Florida. I picked this hotel as when traveling it is so nice to have a restaurant on site and I am a priorty club member and it was rated better than average. I have to say I was disappointed. First and the good news is the restaurant attached is excellent!! They have the best "donut" rolls around - num. The food was very good. However, it is a popular restaurant and we were there early otherwise I think we would have had to wait to get a table as they had a lot of reservations (a Friday evening). Our room was somewhat clean. The heater fan was very noisy. The bathroom smelled strongly of smoke even though we had a non smoking room. Having asthma, that was not a good thing. The beds were comfortable. The front desk was very friendly and helpful. The pool was very nice, larger, with a hot tub, a mini golf area and a foos ball table. All in all it was "ok" for a one night stop but I wish people would stop smoking in non smoking rooms. Why do they have to wreck it for everyone??? Smoke all you want but do it where you are supposed to.....

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple