“Good place to stay but getting worn out.”

Holiday Inn Rockford (I-90 Exit 63)
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Rockford
Peoria, Illinois
“Good place to stay but getting worn out.”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Ten or fifteen years ago this was the place to go. But with today's competition there are some better choices for the price. The rooms are comfortable enough and were clean. But the bathroom doors were repainted to many times and were chipped and warped at the bottom. Bathrooms are tiny but with great shower heads and very clean. The pool and hot tub were worn looking, stained, looked green and had that strong musty odor. The ventilator fan motor was noisy with a worn rattle sound with it. The elevators were repainted to many times and were kinda rickety. Food trays were left in the hall ways the whole time we stayed there. Carpeting was outdated and looked almost tacky with the wall colors. I liked the desk staff, hotel lay out, the price, clean and comfortable room and the location. This hotel has a lot of potential if a good renovation were to be done. It just kinda reminds me of a nice hotel my wife and I would have stayed at on our honeymoon 24 years ago. Problem is the hotel feels like 1990. Its a good safe and quiet place to stay with a family but just expect wear, age and some odors.

Room Tip: With the layout of this hotel I think any room should be fine. I prefer at least the second floor as...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rockford (I-90 Exit 63), responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear darrylwk,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. I am glad that you found our rooms to be comfortable and clean.

On the other hand, I sincerely apologize for we fell below your standards on most of the services and amenities that we provide. Our main concern is for all our guests to experience an exceptional stay and I am truly sorry if we were not able to deliver this to you. Our guests’ satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. With this said, I will assure you that your comments will be taken into consideration to improve our hotel.

Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We deeply regret that you did not receive the level of service that we strive so hard to achieve. We value you as a guest and we hope this incident will not deter you from giving us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

Check in went smoothly but only one elevator was working and we were on the 7th floor which was a pain waiting 5 min Everytime we needed to use the elevator. Room was clean and nice however all my 6 and 8 year old care about is the pool, and there were some pretty unsavory characters in the pool area and most of them were drinking beer which I do not like around my little girls so I don't think we will return.

• Stayed January 2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rockford (I-90 Exit 63), responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear meaj4,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments online. I am happy that you found our rooms to be clean and nice. However, it is regrettable to know that your visit was not 100% satisfactory due to the elevator wait time and unusual incident at the pool facility. We have noted your concerns and we will use your comments to improve what we can offer.

Again, we appreciate your review and our sincerest apologies for the shortcomings.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Pros: Comfy bed, (Bed Bug-Free), adequate size of room, quiet, very nice lady at check-in (Kristen), pet friendly as of 11/13, pretty clean.
Cons: A few hairs at foot of bed and in bathroom on floor and shower curtain, smoke from others' rooms trickles down in to the bathroom stinking up the room. Would be better if the place were smoke free.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Michael L, Manager at Holiday Inn Rockford (I-90 Exit 63), responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear Puglab:

Thank you for your review of your stay with us. We appreciate when our guests tell us when we are doing well, and what we need to improve on! I will definitely express to my Front Desk Staff about your compliments on their presentation at the Front Desk. Also, I have spoken to our Room Divisional Manager and we are looking in to your concerns about the rooms cleanliness. We will be undergoing renovations next year to create a Hotel that ALL guests love! I hope to see you back again in the future!

Toms River
Reviewed November 25, 2013

It was a quiet enough place to stay but the property could really use an upgrade. Many of the room items appeared to be very dated.
The breakfast doesn't start to serve until 6am, a little to late for a business traveler.
The restaurant stops serving food at 10pm, a little to early in my opinion.
I think I'll try the Holiday Inn Express next time i'm in Rockford.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Michael L, Manager at Holiday Inn Rockford (I-90 Exit 63), responded to this review, November 26, 2013
The restaurant stops serving food at 10pm, a little to early in my opinion.
I think I'll try the Holiday Inn Express next time i'm in Rockford.
Dear John H:

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We appreciate when our guests let us know the areas we excel in, and also need improvement. Over the next year we will be undergoing renovations to help create a Hotel that ALL guests love! We have already started on some minor projects, but the outcome will be amazing. I have already passed your comments and concerns of breakfast and dinner times to the restaurants management. Thank you again for your review and I hope you are willing to try us again the next time you are in town!

Chicago
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I paid for 2 rooms side by side from each other since i was traveling with my wife and 3 kids.Two of them being teenagers and both rooms were clean and comfortable. Customer service was excellent and friendly. We were checked in quickly and off to our rooms. Me and my family will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Michael L, Manager at Holiday Inn Rockford (I-90 Exit 63), responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear back4moore:

Thank you for your kind words and taking the time to review your stay with us. I have already expressed to our staff how happy you were with your stay. We are always pleased to hear we were able to accommodate guests during their stays. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your next stay with us!

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Ended up here because a couple of nearby hotels were full, but this property was fine. Clean room, competent staff, comfortable beds, this is a decent hotel for a quick overnight stay. We got in late so I can't offer advice on the restaurant or onsite amenities, but our room was nice.

Stayed October 2013
Dear Rams1994:

Thank you for taking the time to express about your stay with us. We always appreciate when a guest takes the time to tell others about their experience at our hotel. Next time you are in town we hope you are willing to stay with us again!

Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We've come to realize it is just better to find a Holiday Inn when traveling on the road. This location is clean and comfy and easy access to I-90. The front desk staff were very friendly, as were the housekeeping staff. The hot breakfast was a nice surprise to us and very appreciative. It seems that the site has undergone some facelifts and it looks great.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael L, Manager at Holiday Inn Rockford (I-90 Exit 63), responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Tracy I,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us. We appreciate when people write about their experience. I have passed your kind words along to our staff and management. Even though you spoke about some facelifts I did want to mention we will be undergoing even more renovations in the near future! We look forward to your next visit to our area and we hope to see you soon!