“Nice rooms and Excellent customer service”

Holiday Inn Rockford (I-90 Exit 63)
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Rockford
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I paid for 2 rooms side by side from each other since i was traveling with my wife and 3 kids.Two of them being teenagers and both rooms were clean and comfortable. Customer service was excellent and friendly. We were checked in quickly and off to our rooms. Me and my family will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Michael L, Manager at Holiday Inn Rockford (I-90 Exit 63), responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Dear back4moore:

Thank you for your kind words and taking the time to review your stay with us. I have already expressed to our staff how happy you were with your stay. We are always pleased to hear we were able to accommodate guests during their stays. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Ended up here because a couple of nearby hotels were full, but this property was fine. Clean room, competent staff, comfortable beds, this is a decent hotel for a quick overnight stay. We got in late so I can't offer advice on the restaurant or onsite amenities, but our room was nice.

Stayed: October 2013

Dear Rams1994:

Thank you for taking the time to express about your stay with us. We always appreciate when a guest takes the time to tell others about their experience at our hotel. Next time you are in town we hope you are willing to stay with us again!

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We've come to realize it is just better to find a Holiday Inn when traveling on the road. This location is clean and comfy and easy access to I-90. The front desk staff were very friendly, as were the housekeeping staff. The hot breakfast was a nice surprise to us and very appreciative. It seems that the site has undergone some facelifts and it looks great.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael L, Manager at Holiday Inn Rockford (I-90 Exit 63), responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Dear Tracy I,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us. We appreciate when people write about their experience. I have passed your kind words along to our staff and management. Even though you spoke about some facelifts I did want to mention we will be undergoing even more renovations in the near future! We look forward to your next visit to our area and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed October 2, 2013

At check in, our group had no problems. Was disappointed however that as Priority Club Members, there was no welcome for us as most provide a bottle of water and a sanck for members. We paid for two to a room but were given only one coupon per room for a complimentary beverage. They have in the past. Got to our non smoking rooms and opened the door. Very strong smoke order. Advised the desk as we did not want to get charged later for smoking. The desk said not to worry, the smoking rooms are next door and the walls are thin so it leaks in. I thought we paid for smole free rooms. In the 10 years we have stayed there, this was our worst experience.

Room Tip: If non smokers, ask to be on opposite end from smoking rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank pmesk

Dear PMESK,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I apologize you felt your stay was less than pleasant. Since your stay we have put together a new plan for recognizing loyalty members. Also, so you know we will be undergoing some renovations soon to help with creating a great guest experience for everyone. I have passed all of your concerns to the appropriate departimental managers and we hope you are willing to try us again in the future.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

I wonder why Holiday Inn keeps its name on facilities like this. The location was convenient to the roads and highways. We just stopped for the night, traveling through. The room was clean, but worn, very worn. The impression of the whole building was that it was maintained, but carpet, paint, everything needed to be renewed. Holiday rewards program was worth one free drink, we were tired and went to bed. Good sleep, but still a tired facility when we woke up and went on our way in the morning.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rockford (I-90 Exit 63), responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2013

Dear 6554321,

Thank you for your review. It is pleasing to know that you found our location commendable. Kindly accept our sincere apologies for the areas where we have fallen short of your expectations particularly with the condition of the room and hotel amenities. Your comments have been taken very seriously and have been shared with the Management Team, in order to help us improve further the facilities and service that we have to offer.

Thanks again for your comments. We truly appreciate your patronage.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Holiday Inn Rockford was a very clean and efficient hotel. They had a great room available at the last minute for me and buss accommodations into O'Hare whch dropped me right at my gate. The staff was so nice and there is a lovely restaurant attached that had good food at a good price. I had attended a wedding at the same hotel a few days earlier at the attached catering hall. The location is wonderfully close to shopping and a Starbucks across the street.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Michael L, Manager at Holiday Inn Rockford (I-90 Exit 63), responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Dear Kellysstudio:

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, and tell others about your pleasant stay with us. We have received a lot of reviews in regards to our location, and ease of access to everything around us. We appreciate you as a guest, and we hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Came here for a wedding. Arrived at 2 said room was unavailable and the front desk lady was very callous about it. She called on tadio and asked about room 329. Told us to come back at 3. Came back at 3 and they said still not ready come at 4. Told them athe wedding was 430 and the shuttle we had to catch was at 4:15. Again they did not see if any other room was available. We finally got in our room at 3:50 and myself wife and kids all had to get ready in 10 minutes. Funny thing we were in a different room than 329. So why at 2 when we first came did they not check on any room but 329. Hotel is old but very nice just the people working could care less about weary travelers. Would not recvend and would not come back. Plenty of other hotels in the area!

• Stayed: June 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rockford (I-90 Exit 63), responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear Jadepe74,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We're deeply sorry for the issues you had during check-in and the service you received did not live up to your expectations. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class experience. For that reason, the comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M