“A Happy Stay”

Holiday Inn Rockford (I-90 Exit 63)
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Rockford
“A Happy Stay”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I happen to enjoy Rockford, IL. and all it has to offer. Every time I come here I stay at a new Hotel. I was very happy with this Hotel I recommend it for couples, but most of all families. There is a restaurant and Sports bar on site (kids 12 and under eat free w/hotel stay) . There is a large pool with large hot-tub, 3 hole golf putter, pool table, ping pong. Stay was quite and comfortable and staff was helpful as well. I will stay here again next year when my daughter and I come back for the Sock Monkey Convention.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Michael L, Manager at Holiday Inn Rockford (I-90 Exit 63), responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Branditwin4:

Thank you for your review of our hotel. Our staff takes pride in making our hotel as comfortable as possible for others while they are away from home. Also, we look forward to your stay with us next year during the Sock Monkey Convention. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you during your next stay!

Your Holiday Inn Staff of Rockford

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Indianapolis< IN
Reviewed January 25, 2013

This was my second trip to this facility but my first review. My check in went fast and smooth even after a problem came up. The desk clerk took care of the problem and got me to my room. My room was clean and comfortable, room 430. The beds were clean and comfortable and were made with quality bed linen. As in other reviews the pillows were a little small but there were plenty of them, four on each bed. This room seemed to have a window seal issue. You could feel a cold draft coming around the window even though the window appeared to be closed tight, 1 degree outside. Even with this draft the room was warm. The only issue I had was my shower in the morning. There was very little hot water. After letting the water run a couple of minutes with no change, I had to take a cold shower. I noticed one other review that had this problem. I'm sure this problem will be corrected.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Michael L, Manager at Holiday Inn Rockford (I-90 Exit 63), responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Dear NovTraveler01:

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I will make sure to pass along your compliments to our staff. We take pride in making each guest feel at home at our Holiday Inn. Also, I wanted to let you know this year we will be purchasing new pillows for every room. We are currently working on renovating the hotel, so I hope your next stay is a more enjoyable one. Once again thank you for providing your feedback, and we look forward to your next stay with us!

The Rockford Holiday Inn Staff
Detroit
Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here many times and have not had one issue. It's clean, quiet, close to shopping, restaurants, and the highway. I enjoy staying here. I've got 30+ nights over the last year. On my last trip there was a hot water issue on 2 of the 6 days. I waited about 20 minutes then accepted the fact I was taking a cold shower. Once I got in and started to wash my hair the water got warmer and ended just fine. It was scary but I don't think it will stop me from staying. They treat Platinum guests very well.

• Stayed January 2013
Michael L, Manager at Holiday Inn Rockford (I-90 Exit 63), responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear ebeauc3067:

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear about your loyalty to our hotel, and that you feel that you have received great service from us. I apologize about the water issue, and will make sure we look in to this matter further. Again, I thank you for your loyalty, and we hope to see you back here soon!

The Staff at Holiday Inn of Rockford
Janesville, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We stayed here on New Years Eve 2012. We only live about 35 miles from this hotel, but booking with a group we felt the room rate was worth the safety of not driving home on NYE.
Check-in was fast and both of the desk attendants were very pleasant, as was everyone we came into contact with during our stay.
Our group had several families (30+people), the hospitality room that we used as a gathering spot was sufficient. There was a bar with refrigerator, sink, ice machine was just a short walk down the hallway. It also had a flat screen TV, large conference table, couch and a few bar stools. The pool was just down the hallway from the hospitality room- great for the kids.
Our room was on the 6th floor- non smoking, King. (They do have smoking rooms, on the 2nd floor) The room was very clean, linens were not cheap thread count which I appreciate tremendously. The pillows were one of my 2 negatives. There was several pillows on the bed- but they are not a standard size, they resemble a square throw pillow. They are labeled with a removable pillow belt ; " soft & firm" which my husband and I both agreed none of them felt different from the other.
My biggest negative was the heater/air conditioner unit that cycled on and off alllllllll night long- ever minute or two. The unit was set at 67- there was no "fan" option to keep the unit running constantly which would've been better than the on and off we experienced all night. We thought maybe a filter might be dirty or something- seeing as we made it back to our room after 2AM we didn't feel like calling maintenance to come have a 'look-see' at that hour. We got up and headed out for breakfast by 9AM. (We checked with our friends and they said they had the same problem with the heat/air unit).
Checkout was a breeze. I might stay here again, worth the money if you are passing through the area and want a place that is close to the interstate, shopping and the kids will be happy with the pool area.

Room Tip: Smoking floor is 2nd -ask for a room above the 5th floor- no smoke smell at all
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Time4Scuba:

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I will make sure to pass along the compliments to our staff. We take pride in creating a great guest experience at the Front Desk. I will also make sure the appropriate managers are contacted about your concerns. You will be pleased to know that we are currently looking in to getting different pillows for all of the rooms. Thank you again for all of your suggestions, and we hope to see you again soon!

The Staff at Holiday Inn of Rockford
Jonesboro
Reviewed November 29, 2012

We were passing though and were looking for a hotel with smoking rooms. They are at the far end of one hall and have glass doors in the hall to keep the smell out of the hallways. Hotel was quite and clean

Room Tip: park on backside of hotel so you are coming in right next to the elevator.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank LPAMIKE
Michael L, Manager at Holiday Inn Rockford (I-90 Exit 63), responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear LPAMIKE:

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We take pride in our Holiday Inn, and love to hear positive feedback from our guests. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you feel you received great service. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to our staff. Thank you once again for sharing your experience with our hotel.

Your Holiday Inn of Rockford Staff
Naperville, Illinois
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Surprised they still have smoking rooms. i actually thought all of Illinois had mandatory smoke free hotels. First room I was assigned reeked from smoke, the clerk didn't know the entire floor was a smoking floor. The rooms are nice and clean, but really need a construction update. The tv, and appliances were newer, but I could heard the wind howling through a closed window. Hallways, walls and bathrooms all need updating. I spent the extra money to go to a 3 star hotel, and was disappointed, I have stayed in much nicer 2 1/2 star hotels.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

Our first choice was booked full, so we decided to give the Holiday Inn a try. We were glad to land a first floor room. It had all the amenities one would expect, but the room had an odor that was a bit objectionable. Not bad enough to request a change. All in all, not a bad experience, but not exceptional either.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple