“An okay place”

Holiday Inn Rockford (I-90 Exit 63)
Ranked #15 of 24 Hotels in Rockford
“An okay place”
Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

Our first choice was booked full, so we decided to give the Holiday Inn a try. We were glad to land a first floor room. It had all the amenities one would expect, but the room had an odor that was a bit objectionable. Not bad enough to request a change. All in all, not a bad experience, but not exceptional either.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
ontario
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Stay there on business often. Everything as one would expect at a Holiday Inn. Clean, modern. The driver does go out of his way to provide transportation services. This one seems like the front desk girls are a little friendlier.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Sarnia, Canada
Reviewed September 28, 2012

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Lebanon, Tennessee
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We like the HIG brands, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express and especially Candlewood Suites. Since we stay in motels 350+ days a year for work, we have LOTS of comparisons and rarely are disappointed in an HIG hotel. This one is a good example of an older building that has had it's rooms brought up to a higher standard.

The beds are luxurious (our #1 criteria after cleanliness) so we always get a great night's sleep. We have stayed at the Quality Inn, Days Inn and ESA all within 1 mile of this Holiday Inn - this hotel is the best of all 4.

If you need/want to get a good nights' sleep before you fly out of Chicago's O'Hare airport, you can leave your car here, take a bus to the airport AND get a good night's sleep the night before.

The restaurant off the lobby is not one we will go back to, but there are 2 other options off the parking lot and The Shed is close by too.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
New Delhi, India
Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel on a business trip. The hotel is nicely located with bus service direct from Chicago airport to the hotel. But thats the only good thing i liked about the hotel.

The rooms were big but need renovation. My room ac had all its wings broken and also the swtiches were pretty old style.
The restaurant they have here is nice but i did not get a chance to eat here much as were eating out mostly.

Well i paid double for this hotel. They charged my card and told me it did not work properly and have cleared the entry and took cash from me. Now when I came back I see my card has been charged and money has been taken. Spent 2 months in sorting this with the hotel but no helps. So be careful that this does not happen to you. For me overall this was quite an average experience.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rockford (I-90 Exit 63), responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Dear Pawansahni,

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Ham Lake
Reviewed September 22, 2012

My good friends youngest daughter got married about 20 minutes from this hotel location. Location was ultimate for our adventure this weekend. My priority was our 2 Exchange students. I wanted them to see a true American Wedding and still be in a good location to take a quick visit to Chicago. This worked out well for us. Our checkin was flawless. I'm a Gold member and my first name was waiting on a whiteboard. The girls were very impressed. The room was clean and spacious. We had difficulty with the shower, but that was our problem. Worked great when we were instructed by maintenance HOW to use it. Funny!

My only slight negative and I emphasize slight, is the pool area. It could use some updating and maybe a stronger exhaust system. It's been awhile since I've been in an enclosed pool area, but it seemed strong smelling.

Safe, secure, and well lit parking is important to me when I travel. This hotel really gets that issue. I tend to travel on my own and I like this feeling of safety when I arrive. I had no issue leaving in the evening to explore and venturing back.

Room Tip: Great elevator system, Higher is quieter and less bright at night.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Lancaster, California
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We stayed at this property for 18 nights, starting Aug 7, 2012. We got a great value thru Priceline for this 3 1/2 star property.

The location is great for travelers, but is about 6 miles from downtown Rockford, via busy streets.

The parking is almost unlimited, the Hotel is very nice overall, but a little ragged around the edges, the two elevators are the slowest We've ever remembered. Our room was non-smoking with a very, very comfortable King bed and extremely high quality linens and choices of pillows. The maid service was always very nicely done, with high quality towels. The 42" flat screen TV had good choice of channels and with very good reception. In room coffee was by the cup brewing. In the business center there were 3 computers and a printer (which went on the blink 2 days before we left), there were always Airpots of Wolf Gang Puch coffee, which was very tasty)

The area of this Hotel has a lot of company, there must be 10-12 other hotels/motels, from Motel 6, Red Roof Inn, to Staybridge Suites, Residence Inn, Hilton,etc, all within walking distance. Which brings up the biggest problem we found with this location, besides the other hotels/motels, there were quite a few restaurants from Burger King, Denny's, Ruby Tuesday, and local upscale Italian, but this was an Extremely Unfriendly area for pedestrians!!

Especially after dark, there are no crosswalks, no pedestrian crossing lights, and two very busy roads, with 45 mph limits. Additionally, there are no sidewalks, only gravel or grassy shoulders. Both roads were multi-lane with two right turns lanes and islands. It was very difficult to make a crossing without a bit of a hustle! Not for the less than Fleet of Foot!!

The Hotel did have a very good, but pricey Restaurant, which locals recommended. The Hoffbrau House, had limited hours for meals, i.e., breakfast from 6-10am and then lunch from 11-2, and Dinner from 5-9 (?), point is, it wasn't as convenient as a Denny's or other 24 hour place.

Over-all we enjoyed our length stay and recommend this Holiday Inn as a good choice.

Room Tip: Our 7th Floor room had a good view, and was mostly quiet, especially at night.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family