“Great customer service”

Ranked #20 of 24 Hotels in Rockford
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Great customer service”
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

Never stayed at a howard Johnson hotel before, and despite of their reviews it was quite a pleasant stay, thank you Ms. Lisa Tate, you made my stay very comfortable. I have to say it was the easiest and fastest service I'd ever experienced at a hotel. My room was ready to go my key was made all I had to do was check in, thanks for making my hard day less complicated!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Garcia1359
tatelis, Front Office Manager at Howard Johnson Hotel Rockford IL, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Thanks for your review, I sure glad your stay was a good one and I know our staff loves to hear that they made a someone's stay great. Thank you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Portage
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Stayed here Jan 26 in a blizzard. The room was clean and adequate; staff very friendly and helpful. Location is quite near Rockford airport with easy access to it. Not as bad as most of the reviews! Would stay again.

Room Tip: We had a room with 2 queen beds.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank jarncePortage
Thank you fr taking the time out your busy scedule to share a experience and the kind words you said. I look forward to hosting your stay when your back in town.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I lasted 2 hours in this place. First off the picture online are not representative of how the place looks. This place is a dump, it smells terrible and I was afraid to lay down on the bed. The hotel lobby is discusting. Furthermore I didn't notice this the first time I walked in, but there is a sign on the entry that says "CONDEMNED". I asked for my money back as I told them I did not feel safe and she said you stayed longer than 15 mins. Place sucks. Horrible part of town, total dump. Also you will find allot of bums and weird people hanging out there. Beware.

• Stayed February 2014
Sorry your stay was not what you expected. We are updating changes in our hotel. We hope to see you in the future. Thanks for your opinions.

Travelers are raving about these Rockford hotels

Cuba City, Wi
Reviewed August 12, 2013

First, I'll start off with something positive: My 11 year old daughter had a lot of fun in the pool, playing with other guests (I thought it was too chilly) and the room rate was reasonable. The biggest downfall was that our room was all the way in the back of the hotel which was roughly 150 yards from the pool and lobby. In the room a small notice stated that the hotel had necessities if the guest had forgotten to pack something. I walked all the way down to the lobby, because I had forgotten a comb and needed a pen. The desk clerk was pretty brusk and could only provide a pen.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
tatelis, Front Office Manager at Howard Johnson Hotel Rockford IL, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Thank you for your review, I'm glad your family enjoyed the pool,that always a plus. I know the walk from certain parts of the building is pretty far especially if your in smoking section in the back of the hotel.I hope we can service you again in the future. Once again thank you for your business.
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We came to this hotel becuase my husband stayed here years ago when it was much nicer and when i say years i mean almost 6 years ago! but has gone down since. This hotel smelled disgusting I stayed about a week ago and I'm just now getting the terrible smell of crack smoke out of my nose from the nasty halls! Lots of addicts at this hotel!!! Once we got in the room was not as dirty we stayed in the 4 area and it did have cable and somehow the room did not have the smoke smell that the halls did and the bathroom actually was clean but the pillows were not up to par and our bed sheets. I refused to even lay on the pillows or the sheets i just slept on the top spead. Once I FINALLY got to sleep I was shortly awoken by fire trucks because the hotel had caught on fire! To top it off no fire alarm went off and the halls were so badly filled with smoke we could not see when trying to get out we could have died!!! but we did get our money back and my hubby learned his lesson never to buy cheap but we really do appreciate how easy it was to get our money back they were even refunding peoples money and putting them in best western who had multiple stays there. so terrible hotel but understanding management. I honestly say spend that extra 20 on a franchise hotel or something your familar with because this hotel is every travelers nightmare!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
tatelis, Front Office Manager at Howard Johnson Hotel Rockford IL, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Sorry your stay wasn't up to par for you. I hope you do come back and see the improvements the hotel has now made.