“This is a BIG DUMP”

Ranked #22 of 25 Hotels in Rockford
Wisconsin
“This is a BIG DUMP”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2009

We checked in late or would have moved. Used washcloth on the tub and used soap and glass on the sink as well as the tub. sticky all over the night stand, newspaper on the table dated 3/20/09 and this was 04/07/09. Dried lettuce on the tv stand. Sheets looked clean and we were just passing thru. Next day took all the stuff in a bag to manager when we went for the continetal bkf , which there was none, and he just said the maid is in trouble!!! This is the worst place I have EVER stayed. Did not even take suitcase in as I was afraid what I would get. DO NOT STAY HERE

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
passingthrough09
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2009

The place looked decent from the outside at night. We found our room disgusting-carpets clearly not vacuumed, there was food or something in the sheets on one bed (which are about a foot off the floor), the bathroom floor was sticky, there was mold on the bathroom walls, there was no hot water, the remote for the TV was broken and there was no internet. We went to the front desk to tell them we wanted a refund but since it was more than 30 minutes after we checked in (we went to eat before going to our room) we were told we couldn't get a refund and to come back in the morning to talk to the manager. We left and stayed at a different hotel (comfortably I might add!) and returned in the morning. The man at the desk (who we believe WAS the manager) said the manager wasn't in and he should know he isn't it because he is working at the desk and he is not the manager (he said something to that babbly effect). After filling out some paperwork we were told we would get a refund. Haven't seen the money yet and are calling back tomorrow.

Save yourself, DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank passingthrough09

Travelers are raving about these Rockford hotels

Naperville Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2009

I booked the reservation to stay here online, and i used to live in the rockford area so i already knew what i was paying for. When i called to see what time check in was, this was the guys exact words "whenever you get here, they do what they want here!" Which was a little surprising.
It wasnt anything special, all i needed was somewhere to sleep. I work 3rd shift and was traveling through there right after i got off work on a saturday morning. The online age to rent a room is 18, and when i got there the guy told me i had to be 21. When i tried to explain to him that online said you could be 18, and that it was only going to be me, and i just needed a place to sleep for a couple hours. He started yelling at me saying "its the law that you have to be21". I actually work at a competitor hotel chain and know for a fact that it is not a law, and its the hotels decision on the age requirements. And i know that they can make exeptions every once and a while. And when i told him this he just kept repeating himself saying that i needed to be 21. So i left and went to the hotel next door with no problem, with that hotel knowing that i was under 21.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank lizzie46970
Alexandria, MN
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2008

Stopped in Rockford on my way to DC and chose the Motel 6 because they are dog friendly and this hotel looked decent from the outside at night. Having to be buzzed in to the front desk should have been clue #1. The room was awful and I think the sheets hadn't been washed.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled solo
Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2008

This room was more that adequate, especially for the price!! We traveled with our two young children (just turned 1 and almost 5), and had plenty of room for them to play. The site lists the room we stayed in as having two double beds, however, they were actually queen beds.

The hotel/room were nothing fancy, but perfectly clean and comfortable. The beds were comfy, and the fridge was a good size.

The only complaints I would have about the stay is that the pool was out of order. When I told the front desk staff that I was disappointed, especially since I had specifically called about the pool that week (after reading a review saying that it wasn't operating), he literally just shrugged his shoulders. We also had brought a portable tent type crib for our baby to sleep in after a friend had raved about it. He hated it, so we called to see if they had a portacrib available. They did, but we were told to come down to get it- I have never been told to come and get a crib, the hotel has always brought it to us. And when we got it, the thing smelled as if it had survived a fire. Luckily we had fabric deodorizor in our car, and that seemed to do the trick.

Overall though, I would certainly stay there again if passing thruough quickly or looking for no frills accommodations.

• Liked — large, clean room
  • Disliked — front desk staff
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
Chicago
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2008

After researching the Rockford area hotel/motel prices, the Motel 6 had the lowest rates.
Since all my group needed was a basic sleeping room for a couple of days this seemed to be the best choice.
This place is indeed basic. Clean & Comfortable but very Basic.
You get almost nothing other hotels offer.
Rooms have a TV but no Radio, Showers offer two small bars of soap & towels but thats it.
Very minimally furnished & not a good place to spend leisure time. Either lay on the bed or sit on a wooden chair.
Lobby area offers vending machines for snacks & soda but Coffee is only available for a few hours in the morning.
Every room my group stayed in needed work ranging from burned out light bulbs to broken fixtures.
If your Looking for a CHEAP Room thats basicly clean this is the place.
This place offers nothing but a bed & shower.

• Liked — Cheap
  • Disliked — Offers nothing but a bed & shower. Rooms had no furniture for friends to sit during visits.
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank zroughneck
minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2007

I don't mind staying in a place with basic accomodations, but... Toiletries can mean any number of things, I suppose, but in this case it was plural for a bar of soap. The pool, in mid-June, hadn't opened for the season. If there was an alarm clock in the room, I never found it. The toilet would run every so often to top off the tank. Overall cleanliness was an issue for me - hall carpet and walls, room towels. While the staff was friendly and helpful, it wasn't enough to offset my impressions. I could hardly wait to go home.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — cleanliness
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family