“Basic hotel”
Review of Motel 6 Rockford

Motel 6 Rockford
Ranked #22 of 24 Hotels in Rockford
Reviewed March 16, 2014

The only complaint I have is with the heating system it was either too hot or too cold in the room you could get the heater to adjust to be comfortable. Other then this it was a pleasent stay friendly staff.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

This place ranks up there with one of the worst motels I have ever stayed in. Dirty wood laminate floors, burn holes in linen, towels that resemble something you would wash your car with. The heating system was terrible either very hot or very cold. So cold in fact I had bottled water in a plastic bag sitting on the floor near the door which froze solid during the night. So cold I was not able to shower nor would I want to. Appears to be foreign national operated. Stay away if u must stay in Motel 6 avoid this one

• Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank Driverjoe
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Not fancy,of course,but everything neceassary for a pleasant stay.This is all Motel 6 promises. First room I was given was very clean.Heater stopped working during the night.I went to the lobby where desk clerk immediately gave me another room,absolutely no problem.This was another very clean,warm room.
I didn't find motel to be anything like the place described elsewhere

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank nlr55
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We walked in and had to wait a couple minutes for the overnight person (who we only deduced was working by the fact that we could see her doing laundry, not by her ratty jeans and tee shirt uniform) to put her personal phone call down and help us out. The moment she handed us the keys, she immediately picked the phone back up and resumed her conversation. The only positive note was that she was at least friendly.

We knew we weren't going to be getting much given the room rate, but the weather was bad and we needed to stop. After doing a thorough check for bed bugs, we curled up in the corner of the bed and used our own sweaters as pillows. We turned the heat up high so we didn't have to use the blankets. The washcloths in the bathroom were clearly stained rags. We didn't sleep at all, and if it hadn't been so cold out, would truly have been better off sleeping in our car.

The sheets and pillows were stained and the linens were so worn you could see right through them. Paint was peeling on the walls and the bathroom tile was stained - I didn't want to walk on it without shoes on.

They didn't even have the decency to have their lot plowed and we (along with many others) had to dig ourselves out and struggle to get out of the lot.

Room Tip: Don't Stay Here unless you literally need shelter from the weather.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank globetrotter_EM
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Well , looks like we got 2 non-updated rooms. Place was dirty ,garbage on the stairs etc, room dirty , uncomfortable bed and the service ?? Was told it was a new employee !
We made reservation on their web site for 2 rooms. One rate was honored for the handicap room , the other one was calculated at $ 5.00 additional. Why ?? We were told to discuss it with the manager in the morning . Front doors were locked and checking in was done through a small secure window . We were told to drive to the back and park there and take the stairs up to the 3rd floor (handicap access ? ) After inquiring we were told there is an elevator.....we couldn't find it because it was located next to the front desk....right where we checked in...another stretch dragging our bags. We didn't see any morning coffee , but that was alright as Denny's was just a walk away. The manager informed me that the 2nd room was more expensive , because it had a refrigerator !? We never asked or reserved for a "Fridge room" .After a lengthy discussion , the manager refunded the additional charge. There are many other motels right in this area , spend a few more $ and enjoy your stay in Rockford !

Room Tip: Before you pay , ask for that "updated" room they supposed to have !
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Rockford, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I've stayed here before and this is probably the only Motel 6 I would ever stay in. It is SUPER clean. I stayed there again this past month and they updated the rooms. (It has always been a clean hotel) Rooms are very trendy, clean. Beds and pillows are comfy. It does not look like a Motel AT ALL!!!! I've stayed in all kind of fancy 5 & 7 star hotels and resorts all over the world and let me tell you I was shocked when I walked in the room here. Vinyl Wood-styled flooring which was great bc it gave the room a very clean look/feel. Nice New Flat Screen TVs w Inputs for your laptop, video input and all that jazz. VERY trendy and the beds were ever so comfy!!! A/C unit cooled the room within minutes. Nice Desk/Dinning table for 2. The Bathroom was spotless and good water pressure in the shower. Nice clean towels (no stains), sheets smelled and looked clean. They have a pool which was nice and clean. Wi-Fi had a good consistent connection. I believe they have free coffee in the lobby, they also have vending machins and it is within walking distance to Burger King and right across the street from the Vangualder Bus Stop. Located right off the highway. Very quiet tho. Hotel staff was super friendly. Other Hotels and motels should learn how to operate their hotel/motel from this place. Do not waste your money in expensive hotels in Rockford, this is the best deal around there!!! Other Motels 6 def need to learn from this one. If I ever needed a place to stay in Rockford, I would stay there in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Ask for an updated room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank WilsonSantiago85
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is the dirtiest motel I have ever stayed in...ever! Blood stains on the sheets, dirty bathroom, large stains on the bedspreads, and a bug on the bedside table. We were going to remove the linen and put our sleeping bags on the bed but when I saw old blood stains on the pillow itself we left. As we were there more than 30 minutes ( we were there for 35 minutes ) the woman on the desk was not going to give us our money back. I had her call the manager and he did refund our money.

Room Tip: In my opinion there are no good rooms here
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends