“Good for a quick stay”
Review of Motel 6 Rockford

Motel 6 Rockford
Ranked #22 of 24 Hotels in Rockford
Reviewed June 12, 2012

We stayed here for one night traveling through Rockford. I am not a fan of Motel 6 usually, but this was was spotless. Also in a good location right off the highway!! Wouldn't recommend for a lengthy stay, but if you dont mind not having amentities and fancy rooms, it's a good, cheap stay!!

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Rockford

Reviewed January 29, 2012

Im not fond of motels but I stayed in this one several times. It was cheap, free wifi and it has all the basic needs. It was clean and at a great price. This is not a resort by any means but if you are in a tight budget this would be a good place to stay. Right by the highway, restaurants w/i walking distance and right accross the street from bus stop. They also have a pool. Its a good deal for the price.

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed January 28, 2012

I was looking for a cheap hotel where I could get some sleep before continuing on with our trip. I should have known what I was getting when the hotel was only $32.00.
It was so gross. There was hair all over the bathroom sink. The towels were dirty. I pulled out one hand towel to use and it had a big black streak on it.
The bed has no springs left in it. You lay down and seems like you sink to the floor. I didn't even feel comfortable sleeping on the sheets. I tried to get some sleep but there was someone in the room next to me making a lot of noise (like moaning sounds and grunting). You can use your imagination as to what was going on in there. Hahahaha
After about 3 hours I decided to leave. I had enough of that hotel room. I didn't even try to get my money back. I was just ready to get as far way as I could from this hotel.
Spend the extra $20.00 for a different hotel. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed December 6, 2011

First off... The whole reason we stayed here was because there were signs on the highway saying Motel 6 was only $29/night or something amazing like that.
When we got here, the guy at the front desk gave us a higher rate, and said the rate we'd seen was for some other Motel 6 (maybe).
However, I had even gone online before we arrived and found a rate specifically for THIS Motel 6, and he wouldn't give us that rate either. He literally made me use my PHONE to go online and book a reservation while I was standing at the front desk, and then checked us in with my confirmation code. Ridiculous! Oh, and after we checked in he also told us that Rockford IL has the highest crime rates in the US. Awesome. Really feeling good by this point about our choice of motel for the night. Thanks dude.
So we get to our room, which is pretty cheap feeling... and I go to use the bathroom and find urine all over the floor AND WALLS!!! Gross!!! Who does that?!??!
The free wi-fi was so slow that our laptops couldn't use it. We considered using the pool but didn't feel safe enough so just got through the night and left. No continental breakfast available, although clearly there was a space set up for it in the lobby.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Our room was pretty clean and it was a comfortable stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 11, 2011

I am staying here right now. It said it had a fitness center and breakfast? LOL NOPE... They have they don't use it.. I am very disappointed.. they have an area for a very nice breakfast But they don't use it all u get is coffee from 6am to 10 am. its BARE min. even the complimentry shampoo PACKET. one use is a doller in the vending machine. along with the comp. tooth brush and paste. all u DO get is a tiny bar of soap...will NOt give refund been here 1 week and need to saty another 6 days cuz I am locked in no refunds found a Roach in lobby Bathroo, Nice POOL after the cleane d it on day 3 of algae

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 25, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for one night. We were on a road trip to Minneapolis for business and we had been traveling for 14 hours. I was worried at first as the price was so low in price and I didn't really want to stay here as there were other hotels right next to it.. My husband insisted and so we stayed. The hotel was PACKED. Our room was very clean, I checked for bedbugs and there were not any. The bed was so comfortable I fell asleep right away. The only complaint I have is that there were a few ants in the windowsill which my husband killed. But that didn't bother me as most people have spiders/flies/mice in their homes. Overall we paid about $50. dollars for the both of us and we might even stop on the way back home!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business