“Bad Situation Turned Good”

Candlewood Suites Rockford
Ranked #17 of 24 Hotels in Rockford
california
“Bad Situation Turned Good”
Reviewed March 13, 2007

I planned a Reunion/Birthday Party in Rockford and booked a block of 10 rooms, back in Dec 2006. I specified 5 rooms with sofa sleepers because there were families coming with kids. I called the hotel the day before any unbooked rooms were to be released from my block - and the hotel didn't even have MY reservation! They said the block of rooms had been set up incorrectly and they never entered my personal reservation! They immediately booked me a room and I thought
all was well. When I arrived at the hotel to check in - they had no rooms with sofa sleepers nor anymore rollaways. There were 3 families
in our party that had kids, but no sleepers or rollaways were available. After 10 minutes of me insisting they rectify the situation, they finally secured rooms for our entire party at the Raddison across the parking lot (that property is under the same management).

In the end, I was not impressed at all with the handling of our group reservation, but Susan the Manager on duty did get us rooms at the Raddison with sofa sleepers and at our same group rate, accomodating our entiry party. Candlewood earned a point there.

• Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank sylndoug

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 19, 2005

I've stayed at the Candlewood Suites for 3 months, for the price, you get remarkable service. The staff is available 24 hours and all are very friendly. The rooms are spacious but cosy, and the motel facilities were exceptional. Their pantry is fully stocked with the necessities and their video library has a great selection. I would recommend the Candlewood to anyone for a short or long term stay.

Stayed October 2005
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Aurora, IL
Reviewed November 16, 2003

The Candlewood Suite is an excellent value. Not only do you get a decent room, you also get to free video checkout and access to their well stocked pantry. I normally stay at the Residence Inn or Extended Stay hotel, but I'm switching to Candlewood Suites. You really get more bang for the bucks here. Also, really get good rates if you make your reservation through their website.

8 Thank B_CAurora_IL