“Pictures look good But”

Ranked #19 of 358 Restaurants in Rockford
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Pictures look good But”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was really excited to go to Marc's after reading some of the reviews. Some of the pictures were just delicious looking. We went mostly to eat Sushi and Rolls so that is what we ordered. I am a big fan of exotic rolls with sauces but we did not find that at Marc's.A friend with us ordered a Fillet mignon and that was done very well. He loved it! Over al I keep feeling I was eating variations on a California roll. Which is pretty bland. May be I just expected too much.

• Visited May 2013

Freeport, Illinois
“Great place”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Ill start by saying this place is TINY if you are claustrophobic dont come here... I was lucky enough to get a table right away the first time we came here (the second there was a 40 minute wait and we went elsewhere) The sushi is awesome we also had miso soup which again was awesome.. The rest of the menu sounded good and I saw a few people being served the prime rib and it looked to die for... Would definitely go back.

1 Thank TheRiddleBox
Chicago, Illinois
“Definitely date night. Best Rockford sushi.”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Independently owned with pride and it shows. The dark interior and tight space give this a cozy feel. The sushi is really good and the special entrees were delicious. The meats weren't amazing and neither were the portions, but we enjoyed eating here overall. There's something sneaky and fun about finding this restaurant on a corner in a strip mall with a liquor store. But don't be deceived by its location. As soon as you walk into this place, it offers a warm ambiance and great food. Be prepared to wait. It's popular.

Visited November 2012
Chilton, Wisconsin
“Loved It!”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Wanting to make his birthday dinner something special, I looked at "Trip Advisor" hoping to find a great place to take my boyfriend for sushi. Oh, my...he was so excited looking at the menu he could hardly speak. :) He, of course, ordered sushi...the sampler plate I believe. I ordered a chicken kabob. The food was delicious and we loved the cozy, intimate atmosphere. Suggestion: get there early...we arrived at 5 and several tables were already filled and by 6 pm there were 8 people waiting to be seated! Will definitely return!

Northern Illinois
“Best Filet and Chops in RKFD”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Second time here and thought they deserve some kudos. Had the 12 oz. filet again, and it's the best in town and priced right at $21. Wife had the chops - 2 of them that are 1-1/2" thick. She loves meat cooked like a boot (well) but I triied some of her chop and it was still moist and tender. Next time I think we'll split the chops - as there is PLENTY for two. I think the chops were $19 - a real steal if you can split them. Also had "Marc's Fusion Roll" as a sushi app - delicious. It's small and can be a little cold in the winter, as there is a single entry door right to the outside. Be prepared to wait on the weekend as don't take reservations, but it's worth it.