“Great place with many different dining options”

JMK Nippon Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 369 Restaurants in Rockford
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 25, 2014

JMK Nippon is a place to go for any occasion: date, family outing, lunch, etc. That is due to the ability to either sit and get a show where a chef throws food and presents the food with excitement or you can sit on the café side and order some sushi. Overall the food quality is always good but I find they sometimes throw the sushi together and it tends to falls open (maki rolls) other than that the food is great. Great place to visit in Rockford.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

I love JMK. From the steak to the shrimp to the sushi, it is all delectable. I enjoy taking out of town guests here to eat, however, always make a reservation. I learned the hard way and we had a 1 hour wait once on a Saturday night. I typically go straight home after eating here because if you sit on the grill side, I feel like the smell clings to your clothes - this is the only negative. The bill always seems to be less than I think it will be.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

This is by far my most favorite restaurant to visit in the Rockford Area! They have the best food, and the chefs at the Hibachi grill are not only wonderful cooks but put on quite a show. I have never had a bad meal in all of the times I have eaten there. We have celebrated birthdays, anniversaries and other events with no problems.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

This is a fun restaurant, if you are with your family, on a date, going out with the girls. You get to sit around a big table with people you came with and maybe a few extras. The one side seats 12 people, so if you come with 7, there might be other people joining you. Which we don't mind, you get to know new faces. Then all the food is prepared right there in front of you. You get a great 'foodie' dinner show.
Our kids really like the 'dinner show' with the food. And it's something else to do while you are eatting and waiting for the rest of your food. If you do have a seafood allergy, they can make your dish in the back, so it won't touch other foods.
We have gone here many times, with our family - 4 kids, just the two of us, business, and to party with friends.
Very good sushi - killer awesome Mities... They have a sushi bar, drink bar, and Karaoke bar.
You can call ahead and make reservation. Recommend this!
815-877-0505
2551 N Perryville Rd., Rockford
jmkrockford.com

Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

Our bus group lunched here after visiting local Japanese Gardens. We were seated promptly. Friendly and responsive wait staff. Food was excellent as reported by everyone at the table I was at. Bathroom easy to access and clean. Lovely restaurant. I would return if in the area.

Been to JMK Nippon Restaurant? Share your experiences!