“great food, setting & good service”

JMK Nippon Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 351 Restaurants in Rockford
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Rockford, Illinois
“great food, setting & good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

This is our favorite Rockford place - a little pricey (not compared to Chicago), but you get really good quality.

• Visited July 2012

Clare, Illinois
“What a nice looking restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

First time to the "new" JMK Nippon. Actually it has been in this location for over 13 years but we don't get to Rockford too often. Very expansive menu with good explanations for the what the food is. Not much for sushi but daughter and fiancee love. it. Wonderful presentation in the restaurant portion. We did not sit where the "show" is. Very large place and noise level is good. Nice service

• Visited February 2013
Kirkland, Illinois
“Yummy Yummy Sushi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

This restaurant has the best sushi in town. We have visited both the sushi café and the hibachi side of this restaurant and both sides have never disappointed. I would prefer their sushi because I am not a huge hibachi person but it is VERY good. The atmosphere is very pleasant and the service has always been great. I would highly recommend reservations on a Friday or Saturday night as this place gets very crowded. I would highly recommend visiting just for the sushi, they have a very nice assortment and it always seems fresh.

The only downfall is every time I leave their I smell like the hibachi side of the restaurant even if I have eaten in the sushi café but this wouldn't hold me back from eating there. VERY TASTEY!!!!!

• Visited September 2012
Morton, Illinois
“Wow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

Seafood lovers delight! This restaurant had amazing Sushi and the atmosphere is wonderful. Great food and service will have you leaving satisfied.

Visited December 2012
Poplar Grove, IL
“Birthday visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

My 12 year old daughter wanted dinner @ JMK. My little girl has finally grown out of Chuck E Cheese! Seated immediately - no surprise since it was lunch and we has reservations. Service was good. They took care of us and our 4 children quite well. Price was reasonable. We will be back!