“A few bumps in the road....”
Review of Ojeda Steakhouse & Bar - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Ojeda Steakhouse & Bar
STOUGHTON
“A few bumps in the road....”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We went to Ojeda's on Sunday, July 6 with some friends. We arrived about 10:30 and it was quite quiet. Our waitperson was very personable, although maybe a little disorganized. We ordered our drinks and looked over the menu. Meanwhile, a very big group of bicyclists arrived and I don't think they were ready. We ordered and the waitress repeated the order for the 4 of us and it was correct. It took a while to get our food but I assume it was because of the sudden arrival of a lot of bikers. My husband and friend got the steak and eggs and it was okay. My other friend had the steak fajitas and she said they were good. By far the best dish was the tilapia that I had. It was a nice sized piece of fish and delicious. I asked for my eggs scrambled but got over easy which wasn't a big deal but I did not receive the ciabatta toast that I had ordered (got to slurp up the yolk with toast). When she delivered our meal she said my toast was in the toaster. I was pretty much half done before she returned and could ask about the toast. She came back in a few minutes with it. I must say it was yummy toast, albeit a little late. If we didn't live over an hour away we would most probably go back and try lunch or dinner just to check it out. It is a very nice, clean restaurant. I love the fact that they use linen tablecloths and napkins. Prices were very reasonable. Each couple had a Groupon so our breakfast was essentially free but we did leave a generous tip. Overall, it was a pleasure.

• Visited July 2014

Rockford, Illinois
“Serve Soup!”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

I had the privilege of dining at this restaurant under the previous owners at which time had been a great and memorable dining experience so I couldn't wait to see what the new owner's were bringing to the table. The restaurant was very welcoming upon arrival. My husband had a beef soup that was out of this world and my mother in-law enjoyed her side salad but when it came to the main entree's everything went downhill. My mother in-law's new york strip steak looked like a pork steak with very little taste. My father in-law and I both had cheeseburger's with steak fries which were just bad. My husband had the shrimp and scallop pasta which he happened to graze over and pick out the shrimp. All of us were very disappointed in the food. I wouldn't recommend this restaurant to anyone. Now, If rest of the menu had been anything like their beef soup this restaurant review would probably be given five stars.

• Visited July 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
“Glad to find it under the new name”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

I had lunch here on the 19th of June, 2014, with a coworker, as guests of a supplier. Our service was excellent, the food was delicious. The decor is pleasant, and the place was spotlessly clean. I totally enjoyed the Reuben. The beef was tender and perfectly cooked, the kraut tangy without being bitter, the Swiss cheese melted, but not runny. I would have preferred dark rye, but the Marble Rye was an acceptable substitute, and delightfully grilled. I would eat here again, no question.

home
“Very Disappointing”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

We had purchased a Groupon for Ojeda Steakhouse that could only be used for breakfast. We were excited to try this newly-re-opened restaurant. We were disappointed. First, we had to wait about ten minutes before anyone saw us standing at the "Please Wait to be Seated" sign. We sat down at one of the many empty tables. Our waitress was prompt in taking our order, but then we waited and waited and waited to get our drinks. We asked both the hostess and another waitress for our water and coffee and finally got them about 15 minutes after we ordered the food. The food came about 10 minutes later, and my husband wanted his eggs over hard -- they were runny. The man who brought out the food took it back and then hostess brought it back ... they were still runny. My husband then brought the food back to the kitchen door. They finally came back this third time over hard the way he likes them. The fajitas UNDER his eggs were cold by this time, though. I had ordered something with sausage in it, and I asked if the sausage was spicy. The waitress said it was not ... it was. I had a recent surgery and am not supposed to eat spicy food. I didn't want to complain, so I just didn't eat very much of the omelet. My potatoes were cold, too, and the pancakes tasted like the ones I make from a box. We were very sad about this much-awaited restaurant visit. I hope they were just short-staffed or just having a bad Sunday morning.

Urbana, Illinois
“Amazing Find in Rockford”
Reviewed June 6, 2014

Quite by accident we found this gem of a restaurant. In a quaint "traditional" road house this recently opened restaurant really delivered in every category--service, food quality and presentation, variety and value. My husbands steak was perfectly prepared, the mixed green salad and home-made 1000 Island dressing paired with hot and tasty rolls were only surpassed by the most perfectly prepared blackened scallops---probably the best I've had anywhere in the US (and I lived on the coast for many years). You'd be at home here in very casual clothes or dressed for an occasion. It's worth the drive. If we lived in this area this would be a frequent destination restaurant. Be prepared for a menu that will delight you and every member of your family.