Stayed at the Garden Inn for several nights on business. Started out not too good when I was unable to find the hotel because the directions on Mapquest don't get you there. I called the hotel, and the young lady answering the phone was clueless. The first time, the second time, and then the last time. She failed to tell me that you need to turn onto Walton Street, and that the hotel is NOT on Alpine.
I'm a diamond member, and at first was not upgraded to a suite which is customary at every other Garden Inn I stay at. But before the night was over, they did make arrangements for my upgrade, and that was a good thing. What these hotels need to remember is that most chains give "perks" and when you don't get them, you don't return and you go to someone else that gives the most bang for the buck. Every chain offers upgrades, and for those of us who are out on business multiple nights a week, we know who's offering benefits.
Hotel is well run, clean and quiet. Food is above average. Cheesecake is excellent.
Because they did take care of my diamond upgrade, I will be returning next time I have business in Rockford.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Garden Inn Rockford hotel is a wonderful addition to the Rockford, Illinois area! Our hotel is right off I-90 on the east side of Rockford. Enhanced pool area with fun water toys and activities. Banquet & meeting space. Free high-speed Internet access. Garden Grille for breakfast and dinner. 24-hour business center. Hilton HHonors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com and Hilton Hotels Direct so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Rockford reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Rockford Hotel Rockford
- Hilton Rockford
- Rockford Hilton Garden Inn