“Hilton Garden Rockford”

Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Rockford
Summerville, South Carolina
“Hilton Garden Rockford”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

Service was as expected from a Hilton, very helpful staff, clean rooms and an overall good experience. The breakfast has a made-to-order menu, which is always nice to start the day. There is a residential neighborhood nearby that provides streets to run on, if you are so inclined.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Delphos, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

Great place to stay - grand kids love the pool area. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Parking lot is well lighted and feels safe. Free coffee throughout the day. There is a breakfast service as well if desired.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Seth F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockford, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
BluJayGene:

Thank you for the review and thank you for staying with us at the Hilton Garden Inn-Rockford. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and your children enjoyed the pool.

Chicago, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

great place and ameneties... pool, bar and reception area. close to everything. pleanty of parking space. the staff was nice especially housekeeping. front desk and bar empoyees too.would recommend and go back to stay for a longer time.

Elias R:

We would like to thank you for the kind comments regarding our team members. We will be sure to pass these on to our team.

Thank you again for staying with us!

USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

We spent one night in HGI Rockford and had a great stay. I was a little worried when checking in since there was a wedding reception there but we didn't hear a peep after we went to bed. We didn't spend a lot of time at the hotel but it was quiet, friendly and clean.

We choose Hilton Garden Inn whenever we can because of the great breakfast and we absolutely love their Garden Sleep System beds! We would definitely return next time we are in town!

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Seth F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockford, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Jasonusa:

Thank you for the review regarding your last stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn- Rockford, IL. It is great to here that you had a pleasant stay and enjoyed the Garden Sleep System so much. The air mattress and the wool toppers provide a great night sleep.

Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again.

McHenry, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

We had a very nice stay with the exception of the pool area being quite noisy. When asked to give a review for another site regarding this particular Hilton Garden Inn, I mentioned the pool area was like watching animals run wild. I was extremely impressed to have the manager personally email me to let me know he was taking my advice and making the pool area "adults only" after 11pm on weekends. We adults who are looking for a relaxing, romantic evening/weekend are always up some "adults only" time! Kudos to Hilton Garden Inn for their impeccable service!

Room Tip: I love a Hilton Garden Inn Suite and king size bed.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Bolingbrook, Illinois, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

I used to love staying at this hotel. The past few stays have been very noisy with kids running up and down the hallway's and people leaving their hotel room doors open conversing back and forth and having "parties" in the hall. if you get a 3rd floor room or lower, be prepared for what sounds like the ceiling is coming down. The sound proofing between rooms is sub-par at best. Also, they are now charging 30,000 honors points per night at this hotel. Its not worth it. I have stayed at full Hilton hotels for less points. if you want a good night sleep, stay somewhere else. I f you like to run up and down the halls screaming this is the hotel for you!

Room Tip: stay on the fourth floor if possible.
3 Thank Visserb
Visserb:

Thank you for the review regarding your last stay at the Hilton Garden Inn – Rockford, IL. We appreciate you taking the time out of your day to help us improve our hotel by telling us about your experience.

We would like to apologize for the inconvenience that was caused by the heightened noise during your stay. Rockford is a popular destination for children’s sport tournaments and during your stay was one of the largest tournaments of the year. I will discuss this with my team and make sure we are better trained on how to handle noise level complaints in future so other guests don’t have the same experience. I would like to invite you to contact me directly at 815-229-3322 or by e-mail at sfribsee@ncghotels.com so that we can discuss your stay in more depth.

Thank you again for your time and we hope to hear from you soon.

El Paso, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

Hotel smells of dogs when you enter, even though I let the staff know no one attempted to clean it the entire time I was there. I called before I showed up and got substandard answers over the phone from the staff so I made a reservation online. Check-in was slow. I had to change rooms in the middle of my stay due to a glitch in the reservation system once and then again because the room smelled like dogs (I'm allergic). The internet would not connect to my tablet and the heat in one room was on a motion sensor (their way of going green as it was explained to me) so they had to override the system for the heat not to shut off when I sat or laid in the bed.

Room Tip: Price is high for the area.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank malsabor
Malsabor:

Thank you for the feedback regarding your last stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Rockford, IL. We appreciate all feedback, positive or negative, because it allows us to tailor our hotels service to the needs of our guests, and we appreciate you helping us with this task.

I apologize that we did not deliver acceptable levels of customer service while you were staying with us. We will better ourselves so guests in the future will not have the same experience that you did. I’m disappointed to hear of the issues you experienced and would appreciate the chance to speak with you directly. I would invite you to please contact me directly at 815-229-3322 or by e-mail at sfrisbee@ncghotels.com if you would like to discuss these issues in depth.

Once again, thank you for giving us the opportunity for improvement and I hope to hear form you soon.