“Your employee kirstie is an outstanding employee.”

Hilton Garden Inn Rockford
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Rockford
“Your employee kirstie is an outstanding employee.”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I very much so enjoyed my stay at the hilton garden inn over the holidays. Because of my great experience, i decided to write this review. To start off, I'll mention one thing that could be fixed in the future. A fan in the bathroom would be nice to help with condensation. Everything was just very moist after the shower was in use. That was probably my only complaint. Kirstie who works at the front desk was such a jewel. She was very helpful to us as far as getting the best deal for our long stay. Overall everyone just bent over backwards for us. The warm cookies at the front desk were a nice addition.The pool itself was so kid-friendly. The pool area and fire place were both very nice. We also enjoyed the breakfast amd the coffee. I liked the fact that coffee was free all the time. I also liked that they said "any relative or friend of yours is welcome here during your stay."All around five stars. They offered all these good amenities to help anyone.

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank whitingep93

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Dayton
Reviewed December 23, 2012

This is a great hotel for families with kids. The pool is awesome! Our two little kids loved the pool. Mom loved the fact that it is close to the interstate (easy off/on), close to great restaurants, gas station, and Walmart! Breakfast was $9.95; however we didn't try it. People are extremely friendly. We were there during the Midwest Blizzard and the hotel staff kept the parking lot and sidewalks plowed and salted.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank cardsfan33
Chesterton, Indiana, United States
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Stayed 1 night. The front desk staff changed my room to get me away from the pool area when they realized I didn't have small children traveling with us. The room on the 4th floor was very clean, quiet, and comfortable. The breakfast was very good with omlettes, eggs, and french toast to order. All prepared just right. Would stay here again next time passing through Rockford.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Allison B
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed December 2, 2012

The front desk people were very friendly and helpful. Room was comfortable and quiet. Used the washer and dryer, it was quick and relatively cheap. Near bus station, for trip to O'hare or Union Station, and I-90. Restaurants nearby.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank jimaphx
Peoria, IL
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Excellent stay from check in to check out. The front desk staff was very helpful, and kind. The rooms were clean and spacious, and provided a very comfortable nights sleep. I have not had good luck with Hilton Garden Inns previously, and was reluctant to try this one, but I was traveling for business, and decided to try once more. I was pleasantly surprised. The room and staff exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Likest0Sh0p
Peter68102, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockford, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
On behalf of the team members of Hilton Garden Inn Rockford, I am taking this opportunity to extend a heart felt thank you for the wonderful feedback regarding your stay. You made a choice to stay with us despite your many options and you also took the time to write this review. We are very appreciative. Our front desk team members are a delightful group who take pride in welcoming guests and are excited to know they make a difference each day. The housekeeeping team likewise, delight in hearing that the guests found the rooms clean.

I regret that you have not had much luck with Hilton Garden Inn as a brand and while I am ecstatic that the Rockford team made a positive impact, I am saddened we have failed you as a brand. Please feel comfortable sharing with me or the general manager of the properties you have had a bad experience as we want to quickly make necessary adjustments. We promise to ensure you have a good experience and want you to know you can count on us.

Hilton Garden Inn
7675 Walton Street
Tel. 815-229-3322
E-mail:- pjohnson@ncghotels.com
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I stay here often for work and the location is very easy to get to (right off the highway when coming from O'Hare) and the hotel is on a major road in the town, so there are lots of restaurants close by.

The staff is very friendly and helpful and I love the fresh cookies available after 5pm when I get back from a long day.

Breakfast is a buffet and they will custom make breakfast (omelets, eggs, etc) for you.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Amy P
Amy P- I am Peter Johnson, genaral manager of Hilton Garden Inn Rockford. I am very please to be affiliated with this team for the reasons you mentioned in your wonderful feedback. Most specifically though, is the team of people with whom I spend the greatest part of my days. Each member of the team chooses a positive attitude daily and have committed to having fun taking care of our guests. We thank you for making us your choice and look forward to your future visits. Please stop in and allow me to personally welcome you when next you are in Rockford.

7675 Walton Street
Tel. 815-229-3322
E-mail:- pjohnson@ncghotels.com
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We were traveling through Rockford this summer and it was the 'right' place to stop, the staff was friendly, the bed was terrific and the breakfast was flavorful!
We didn't have a lot of time to prebook, we ended up here last minute, and we were very happy we stayed, it was a very pleasant experience!

Room Tip: the pool area seemed a bit 'louder' if you wanted it quiet, the end of the hallway was bette...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Donna V
Peter68102, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockford, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
On behalf of the team members of Hilton Garden Inn Rockford, I thank you for making us your choice as you traveled through our city this past summer. Rockford is neat town with great people who are always willing to warmly welcome visitors. I am happy that team HGI Rockford was no different during your stop.
We thank you for taking the time to complete this review on tripadvisor. We value your opinion and appreciate your willingness to share. Please make us your choice when next you are in the area.

Hilton Garden Inn