All reviews room was clean waffles gas station wi fi would stay here again convenient location great place to stay free breakfast motel heather mart microwave highway pet
Selected filters
Reviewed May 17, 2019

I was pleasantly surprised to receive such a high value for a low-cost hotel. Granted, I stayed here on a Monday night so the costs should be low, I wasn't disappointed. My only complaint comes at the beginning of my review so lets get started:

Upon check-in, I was "greeted" by the front desk girl without a glance up. She kept her eyes low, wasn't very personable, and kinda made me feel like I was a bother. She totally redeemed herself a couple days later...so keep reading.

The room was clean, bathroom was clean, and I have zero complaints about the room.

Breakfast was standard for Days Inn. It had the basic necessities and waffles. Can't go wrong with a waffle in the morning.

My Dad joined me on this part of my business trip and we asked if we could leave his pickup there for 36 hours. We were assured that we could and shouldn't have any problems. I left all the information necessary, vehicle type, color, plates, and mine and my Dad's contact information. We arrived back a day later to pick up his vehicle without any problems.

When I went inside to let staff know we were taking the vehicle I was met by the same front desk girl as the day of check-in. She was so friendly this time around. She lead the conversation, asked if I planned on staying there again that night since I was in town for business again, and she was just a completely different person. Maybe she had a bad day when I checked-in...I don't know. But I liked her after a second impression.

THE END.

Room tip: Close to the freeway...quick drive from Beloit.
Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Daysinn23868, General Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham Rockford, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2019

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to leave us a detailed schedule. I'm glad to know that the front desk clerk redeemed herself, but first impressions are everything and therefore, her behavior was unacceptable. No such thing as a bad day when you're on the job. We will use this feedback as a training tool to improve our service even more. Thank you so much! We look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed May 9, 2019

Regular stay here before I fly home to England. Fast check-in, nice upper floor room, nice and quiet place to stay, load of parking. Massive bed, some rooms have a microwave, so ask if you need one , there is a microwave in the kitchen area to use. Next the Mobil gas station, and 5 minutes drive to the Wal-Mart. Never had a problem staying here, happy to recommend.

Room tip: Upper floor rooms are best, you can leave the drapes open.
Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo

Thank you so much for your kind review. As an economy brand hotel, we believe in doing the small things correctly instead of flashing big things. We are thrilled with your loyalty to our location. We have recently just added fridges to all the rooms, but you're right we only have microwaves in a few select rooms. We will continue to work hard to improve the facilities for all of our future guests. We couldnt ask for a better reward than a loyal satisfied guests such as yourself.

Reviewed May 6, 2019

No heat, dated facility, my grandmas 30 year old guest mattress was way better quality, keycard entry awful, gaps under the doors to hear everything down the hall at all hours of the night. Overall, dont waste your money on this craphole!

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I'm sorry that your stay was anything less than perfect. The heating system is a bit abnormal to switch over from the cooling system. This time of the year, each guest has a different need between heating and cooling. The heater is controlled through the wall thermostat and radiates from the baseboard, while the AC is controlled through the actual PTAC unit. I agree its confusing, but we promise to do a better job to educate the guests on how to use the system. Rest assured that all rooms have perfectly operational heating and cooling systems in place. Thank you for your feedback, it helps us to improve our hotel for all future guests.

Reviewed April 13, 2019

We have stayed at this hotel many times before and each time its never disappointing , we have each time found it to be a clean comfortable ,basic no nonsense kind of hotel. The staff is courteous friendly and always a true pleasure .

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Daysinn23868, General Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham Rockford, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2019

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback. The staff will be delighted to learn of your kind comments. We look forward to hosting you in the near future.

Reviewed March 12, 2019

This is your bare bones hotel, the rooms are very small, but it was clean. If you stay here make sure your on top floor, we had people above us that sounded like they were moving the furniture and kids jumping off, even the room across the hall from them had a complaint, The other problem we had was the electrical panel on the heat and cooling unit was just hanging, wires exposed, good thing we didn't have little one this trip, the front desk did take care of the electrical right away, and tried to deal with the people up stairs, (Not the hotels fault rude people). Breakfast is very limited, omelets you have to warm your self, waffles, cereal is about it.

Date of stay: March 2019
Daysinn23868, General Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham Rockford, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2019

Thank you for your honest feedback. The ironic part is that the guests above you were from the same wrestling tournament that you were here for as well. We hope your tournament went well and that we see you back again soon to earn a better rating. We are always happy to receive guest feedback, good and bad. This is our most effective way to bring about improvements to our property.