“Think Different, quite a selection of great not so common foods.”
Review of Thunder Bay Grille

Thunder Bay Grille
Ranked #5 of 359 Restaurants in Rockford
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Thunder Bay's spacious interior seamlessly melds contemporary elements in warm lodge setting; combing the natural beauty of light and dark woods, sparkling glass and soft-colored stones. Thunder Bay's innovative menu, warm hospitality and engaging atmosphere give it a fresh twist to casual dining. Thunder Bay's menu lends itself to choices from rich classic steaks and spectacular seafood to spicy Cajun entrees. Our chefs have created signature entrees like Drunken Steak, Cedar Plank Salmon or Sesame Thai Mahi Mahi. Spice things up with a touch of Cajun, Seafood Jambalaya or our Bouillabaisse. Finish with a decadent dessert of an after dinner cocktail. Try one of our many selections of craft beers. We pride ourselves on our commitment to our guest's experiences with service and want each guest to feel relaxed and cared for while dining with us. We Thunder Bay with comfortable soft seating areas meant for gathering, relaxing and socializing with friends. Memories are made from time spent sharing food and drink, laughter and good times. Thunder Bay invites you to come in and enjoy relaxing casual dining at its best. Invite Thunder Bay to your next event; whether you are planning a rehearsal dinner, wedding reception, private patio party at your home or a corporate event at your office; planning has never been easier. Contact us we can create customized menus to suit your event.
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Beatiful interior takes you into a rustic hunting lodge. Greeted with a smile and welcome. Seated in the fireplace roomwhicj was quite relaxing. Extensive menu choices. Check the websites menu it's very different from your everyday choices. Had Chicken Tchoupitlouas a great dish, two grilled chicken breasts cajun spices served over slices potatoes ham onion and tarragon sauce. This was so good I wanted to go and tip the chef. This is worth a return 200 mile trip for me one Saturday just to have dinner here.

There are newer reviews for Thunder Bay Grille

Reviewed November 7, 2013

We've eaten lunch here several times and every meal has been very good. I had a BLT on whole grain toast. Plenty of bacon, and not overwhelmed with too much lettuce or tomato. I upticked to the macaroni and cheese (w/bacon) and it was a terrific cold day lunch. One of my friends had the Signature Jambalaya (said it was really good) and our third had the Shore Lunch (which is a Walleye fillet and thought it was great.

They have a rather good selection of craft beers, and the Bloody Mary w/blue cheese olives in a quirky curving glass is delicious.

Small plates menu is a terrific idea, very reasonably priced and caused us to order some Coconut Shrimp for an appetizer.

I don't understand why they aren't busier at lunch time, but hope that a large dinner crowd makes up for light lunchers. I'd hate to see them have to stop serving lunch...they are my go to when I'm in Rockford at that time of day.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Great food & great North Woods like decor. I used their meeting room and the staff went out of their way to be sure everything was just right.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

It may just be that we had dinner on a night with a lot of big groups, but the dining room was very hot and quite noisy. The food was fine, a little heavy on the cheese, but the restaurant is on the Wisconsin border.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

I really liked their small plates menu, it was great and a fun way to eat dinner. I really liked their Shrimp cocktail and the Plank shrimp. I wasn't a big fan of their Chicken Tortilla soup as it was very very thick and lacked flavor.