“Great Italian Choices”

Sam's Ristorante & Pizzeria
Ranked #74 of 364 Restaurants in Rockford
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: We are located in Northeast Rockford only 1 mile off of Interstate 90. We are close to the ISC/Sportscore II, Carlson Ice Arena, and Rock Valley College. We built with a large parking lot around the entire building and are able to accommodate large groups and banquets but also small family dinners and carryout/delivery service as well.
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Newly rehabbed, good prices, wonderful pizza and now an expanded menu. Pastas are fresh. Plenty of parking. Friendly staff. Great hours.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

I've written this review in the past. I still hold my opinion that they have the BEST gluten free pizza in Rockford. It is pricey, but gluten free diets in general are pricey. Their carry out pizza is awesome. And they have a nice gluten free menu if you choose to dine in. When on a restrictive diet, it's nice to have options. I appreciate Sams for accommodating those with food restrictions! Thank You

2  Thank familyof5RFD
Reviewed September 25, 2012

The experience I had at this fine establishment was simply exquisite! I was seated quickly, my food was brought out in a timely fashion and it was hot, the taste was wonderful, and the staff was great! I would definitely recommend this restaurant to all of my friends and family. Everyone should have the experience of visiting Sam’s!

Reviewed September 22, 2012

I had my wedding reception here i was so nervous because i didn'nt know how it was going to turn out. To my suprise it was very nice. The staff was on point i didn't need to ask for anything.It was a carefree reception.The staff decorated the place,walked around made sure my guest was ok.We had the roasted buffet and it was great the food was seasoned good. I worked with Gino is awesome he went above and beyond. I want to say thank you very much!!!

Reviewed September 12, 2012

The staff was extremely rude with me since the moment I walked in. They let everyone else in my party walk through to go to the catering room but when I showed up, nope, not me. I was told to park in the back. Not to mention I waited 3 minutes after ringing the bell on the desk before service arrived. That was just the start. The pizza was rotten. It had been sitting in the ovens over an hour at least by the time we were served. The pizza was dried out, one of them cooked well-done which was not ordered that way. The pasta tasted plain. The staff and food at Sam's 'Ristorante' were too undesirable for my taste.

SAMSRistorante6075, Manager at Sam's Ristorante & Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2012

I am very sorry that you felt that you were not treated fairly and that you felt the staff was rude to you. We have several different banquet rooms and entrances here and once private parties begin to arrive we route the guests to the appropriate rooms so that they don't have other guests walking through their private room. We clearly mark which rooms each party is using by posting which parties should park and enter through our banquet entrance in the back by using both an 8'x6' large lit sign next to the building as well as a small sign directly placed on the front door. Our host(ess) will then greet you once you enter the building and direct you to the correct room. PERHAPS a few of the other guests arrived so early that as a courtest they were allowed to walk through the room but that would have only been because the other private parties had not begun, however, it still only makes sense for both us and our guests to have them entering (and then later in the evening exiting) out of the correct doors.